FPVLAB

Thread: POSTING VIDEO: 2012 Winthrop Night Glow

POSTING VIDEO: 2012 Winthrop Night Glow

Our latest adventure took us north through eastern Washington State, to the tiny town of Winthrop right up near the Canadian border. We were invited up to fly the town's annual three-day “Balloon Roundup.” On Saturday night, this old, western-style town gave over its main street – indeed, it's only street – for a “night glow.” Check out our video, here:

We've got several more videos in the pipeline that we shot during this trip, including: daylight balloon operations, a full-size replica of Stonehenge and Grand Coulee Dam. In the meantime, we've posted an overview of our trip with still images on our blog, here:

http://roswellflighttestcrew.typepad...this-heap.html

Stay tuned!
    roswellflighttestcrew.com

Very nice!

I didn't know we had a Stonehenge replica near here... Will have to go check that out this spring.

Okay, loved the Graham Oaks Nature Park video... Why? Because it's where I did my 2nd ever fpv flight!! My girlfriend works right down the road and I picked her up after work and we did a quick flight as the sun went down. Sadly one of the arms on my tricopter started to fold and it made for an interesting "abort" landing. I live a few miles from there too, a good place to fly!

I always enjoy your video's a lot!

But from a filming point of view, out of 2:10, there's a whole minute of intro + afterword (? no idea how to call this). just a thought

@ Hans

I'd say that's a fair criticism... To tell you the truth, we didn't have a whole lot of good footage from this event -- it was kind of experimental, mounting the Sony NEX-5N and everything. I could have made it longer by adding some mediocre footage, but I decided early on that I'd just use our best footage, no matter how short the video ended up being.

Don't worry, though, we've got more videos in the works from our trip to Winthrop, and I promise that they will all be longer... Stay tuned.

Are the balloon guys afraid of your rigs? I'd hate to see what a multi might do to the balloon's nylon(?).

We've been wanting to test the effects of a propeller strike on some balloon envelope material, to get a definitive answer to that very question. It's a chance that I think we'll get on a future outing -- we'll try to record it and post a video. In the meantime, we obviously take great care in terms of where we are flying relative to the balloons -- they are manned aircraft, after all! This has meant working with event safety coordinators, even the FAA, well before we actually show up to fly.