FPVLAB

Thread: New Spektrum DX8 with 2 free transmitters

Banned

New Spektrum DX8 with 2 free transmitters

Hey Everyone,

im new here and just wanted to share some pics and info about my new toy,

Spektrum DX8

moving on to the next step, id like to get a simulator, yes i am not going to pay the full price for a simulator, will start with ClearView, but id like to know what usb cable can i use for this dx8.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Helicopter-Co...d=324705261976

or this

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Phoenix-RC-USB-Cable-FMS-Flight-Simulator-Software-/180841959490?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a1b055042&clk_rvr_id=324711217734

or this from hobby king

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...hoenix_RC.html

you suggestions and comments will be appreciated.

Thanx
    Hashim.

Nice Hashim! I really love mine.

You'll especially like the TM1000 module as it will monitor your batteryvoltage and warn you when too low (you have to set the voltagealarm yourself, mine is at 9.5v) Also, make sure your DX8-battery is set to NiMh, and change this if you exchange the DX8-battery for a lipo. HobyKing as a replacement.

As i use Phoenix as a flightsim (bought it original), mine came with an original dongle so that would be my suggestion to you. Also, when charging the DX8 with the supplied charger, my charger didn't work the first time. The pins that connect the wallplug to the charger had to be scraped/roughed up a little to make good contact. You'll know when it's charging when the orange light on the DX8 becomes blue.

When using the TM1000 module, you have to click the scrollwheel once to see the data. (took me a while to find out, as did the rest... i never read manuals)

Have fun!

Is that still the plastic wrap on your monitor on the wall? (2nd picture)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    Nice Hashim! I really love mine.

You'll especially like the TM1000 module as it will monitor your batteryvoltage and warn you when too low (you have to set the voltagealarm yourself, mine is at 9.5v) Also, make sure your DX8-battery is set to NiMh, and change this if you exchange the DX8-battery for a lipo. HobyKing as a replacement.

As i use Phoenix as a flightsim (bought it original), mine came with an original dongle so that would be my suggestion to you. Also, when charging the DX8 with the supplied charger, my charger didn't work the first time. The pins that connect the wallplug to the charger had to be scraped/roughed up a little to make good contact. You'll know when it's charging when the orange light on the DX8 becomes blue.

When using the TM1000 module, you have to click the scrollwheel once to see the data. (took me a while to find out, as did the rest... i never read manuals)

Have fun!
    Hey thanx alot, yes its amazing, i was going through all the settings, nimh(check), telemetry voltage alarm is set according to the battery being used at the time right? ill have to change it every time if i am using a battery with different specs?
    Do you have any suggestion for the first heli i should buy to use with dx8? im making a list for the quad parts but i cant wait anymore, lol want to fly something indoor or outdoor(low budget).
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    Is that still the plastic wrap on your monitor on the wall? (2nd picture)
    lol yes it is.

I have no experience with RC-heli's, only a quadcopter.

Yes, when changing to a Lipo with a different voltage (from 2S to 3S for example), you have to adjust the batteryalarm of the TM1000. But you can of course make multiple profiles. (changing the alarm isn't that much of a hassle though)