Thread: Video/Power distributor for ground station

Video/Power distributor for ground station

Was surfing around ebay and found this: a 4-way amplified video splitter. Also has three separate power outputs to simplify wiring of GS power.

Picked one up and am happy so far. Adjustable video levels, and the 4 power leads (1 in, 3 out) are all independently fused.

IMHO a good option for people needing multiple video outputs on their ground station (for DVR, second goggles, extra display, etc, etc).
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure; than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Navigator
    Thanks for that link, I picked one up as well for my GS. I'll run a 4000mah through it for 8" LCD screen, Vrx, & FPV DVR

I grabbed one... Only two left.

Navigator
    I was setting up my GS with this unit and i blew the power supply fuse, No sure if some contacts touched or what, I have a 3s 4000mah 25-30C turnigy for GS power running through it. Hasn't happened since. However, in looking at it, it's a small F2A 250v fuse. That's a 2A 250v quick fuse for a 12volt application, I'm no electronic expert but does that sound right?
    Last edited by pdizzle; 27th February 2013 at 01:59 AM.

Yeah, voltage ratings aren't as critical as current ratings when it comes to fuses. Most glass fuses are rated at 250v at various current limits.

What you wouldn't want to do is use a 20A fuse for an application that only draws 0.5a when powered. Rule of thumb for fuses is to use the lowest current rating possible for whatever power demands your setup requires. If total draw is 0.8a, then a 1A or 2A fuse is best. You want the fuse to burn up before anything else. =]
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure; than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Navigator
    OK got it, thanks for clearing that up.