Thread: Attitude V2 with Eachine TS832 Tx and Eachine 700TVL issue

Forum Member

Attitude V2 with Eachine TS832 Tx and Eachine 700TVL issue

I've had the Attitude V2 goggles for a while and they've been working fine. I recently had an issue where the display went blank while I was flying FPV. I quickly removed my goggles and tried to locate the plane but it hit pretty hard and damaged the VTX and a Mobius camera which I was using as the FPV camera. It happened fairly close to me so the issue wasn't that I was out of range when I lost video.

I then ordered 2 sets of Eachine TS832 Tx and Eachine 700TVL. Wanted a spare as I've gotten to really enjoy fixed wing FPV. When I tested it I got this issue as described in the FatShark troubleshooting guide:

Image for split second then fades away: This usually happens when connecting to gaming systems. The problem is the source device is outputting a Progressive Scan video. Fat Shark goggles only support Interlaced video.

It's exactly the same with either set of TX and camera. It certainly isn't a gaming system and the specs don't mention whether the video is progressive scan or interlaced. I will try to borrow another FatShark goggles to eliminate my goggles as the issue.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Any help is appreciated!

Ray

Forum Member
    I have used that cheap vtx/camera combo with my fs dom v2 goggles and they work ok. Sounds like you might have a problem with your goggles. Worth trying other goggles to check that this is the case before contacting fs support.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TomC View Post
    I have used that cheap vtx/camera combo with my fs dom v2 goggles and they work ok. Sounds like you might have a problem with your goggles. Worth trying other goggles to check that this is the case before contacting fs support.
    Thanks! That's my next step.

Forum Member
    The good news is the expensive goggles are ok. I tried them with an FPV Nano QX and the video was fine. I'm surprised that both sets of TX and camera would exhibit the same problem. Now we'll see how good Banggood's customer service is.

Ray

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raybeau528 View Post
    The good news is the expensive goggles are ok. I tried them with an FPV Nano QX and the video was fine. I'm surprised that both sets of TX and camera would exhibit the same problem. Now we'll see how good Banggood's customer service is.

Ray
    Hard to believe you would get 2 bad combo units but I guess it's possible. Maybe try two more things;

Check the freq you have selected is correct. You will need to be on band 4 (F) and then one of the FS channels. If you have selected the wrong one +/- 10khz you may still see an image but it will breakup after a short distance.

Only power you goggles AFTER you have powered your vtx/camera. This will allow your goggles to automatically select the correct video format (ntsc/pal). I'm not sure what format your camera is. BG sent me Pal.

Also, are you powering the vtx/camera with the supplied 3s balance connector and using a 3s battery?

Lastly, good quality antennas are a must on these cheap vtx's. If you are using cp antennas make sure they have the same RHCP or LHCP do not mix these. If you use a simple dipole on the vtx you might find it works ok. Kinda depends on your flying area and how much you bank your aircraft.
    Last edited by TomC; 21st October 2015 at 04:44 PM.

Forum Member
    I agree...hard to believe. I actually tried all 32 channels as well as both NTSC and PAL. I just re-did this ensuring I powered the goggles after powering the VTX/Cam per your suggestion. I'm powering the vtx/camera directly from a 3S battery, not the balance lead. The cables they supplied didn't even connect the camera to the TX. It came with two cables. One connects to the TX and has +12v power in (red), ground (black), video(yellow), +power out(red), -power out(black). It also has a jst connector for power which I connected directly to the 3S battery with a XT60 to JST adapter. The connector to the camera didn't match the camera's connector. The second cable has the right connector for the camera with bare leads. I cut off the connector from the first cable and soldered the bare leads together.

As for antenna, I'm just using the stick dipole that came with it since I'm right next to it.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Ray

Forum Member
    So I just noticed in fine print that the camera is expecting 5v but the Tx out is 12v, ie "It can compatible with 3-5 V camera ,but need to add a voltage step down module". Can I use a BEC ? Other ideas?

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raybeau528 View Post
    So I just noticed in fine print that the camera is expecting 5v but the Tx out is 12v, ie "It can compatible with 3-5 V camera ,but need to add a voltage step down module". Can I use a BEC ? Other ideas?
    Not sure why you've done all that mucking around with cables. With their vtx/700tvl combo cable plugged into camera and the power lead to the 3s balancing lead works fine for me. The bare-leaded one is if you have diff camera? I have used 5v Fatshark cameras as well as hs1177 multi voltage (5-21v) cameras with this vtx no problem. My voltage output from my eachine et-200 vtx is 5v. Maybe you have a diff one? Input voltage to this vtx is stated to allow for 7-23v. I have only ever run mine on 3s.

Edit; Sorry mate I forgot you have a TS832, not the E-200 vtx/700tvl combo.

http://www.banggood.com/Eachine-TS83...-p-975425.html

Pretty easy to see from the product description that this has 12v camera output so, as noted in the description, no go with a 5v FS camera without a stepdown. Probably would work fine with a hs1177 5-21v camera. I have a few of these and they are very good imho.

http://www.surveilzone.com/DC5V-plas...m-lens-for-fpv

I have used similar vtx's like the ts832 and always found that they either need to be run with a separate battery or have a line filter installed. Otherwise, adding throttle causes lots of little horiz lines. The FS ones work well and are not very expensive.

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=1035

Sorry I misunderstood what vtx you were using. Actually in your title, duh!
    Last edited by TomC; 22nd October 2015 at 07:00 PM.