Thread: Problem installing Lumenier CM-650 Mini TVL in IMRC Vortex

Navigator

Problem installing Lumenier CM-650 Mini TVL in IMRC Vortex

Recently purchased this CCD FPV camera...

How does one install this camera into a Vortex if the fpv camera connector for the vortex (700tvl CMOS stock) does not work with the CM-650? Is there an adapter? Must I start splicing wires? I read someone's review on getfpv.com, and it was said that someone had installed it on the vortex, but I cannot locate proper instructions. The manual that came with the CM-650 isn't any help as it depicts a camera with a different connection slot than the camera I received has.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!

Cut and solder, adapter just makes another failure point.
    Not an expert, just follow direction well....

Looks like the cm650 comes with the plugs you need for the cam side... just splice this onto the cable you already have for the vortex stock cam or you could get a plug like the vortex has on it and change the cm650's cable but I don't think you will find and adapter cable made to fit as there are too many different plugs being used on the cams out there.

Navigator
    Thank you both for replying. I suppose splicing it is. Please god don't let me screw this up. Hah

Don't worry it's pretty simple

only three wires!!! don't hesitate to post up pics of your work if you want a second opinion... you know... just to doublecheck

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by RonSII View Post
    Don't worry it's pretty simple

only three wires!!! don't hesitate to post up pics of your work if you want a second opinion... you know... just to doublecheck
    It was once said that "ignorance is bliss". Perhaps it's best if I don't reveal my work, just in case I did it completely wrong...would I really want to face such disappointment?...hmm.

All kidding aside, i'll post a couple pics when I get around to this. I'm in a masters program and finals are approaching, so it will be difficult to find the time to bother with this. Nevertheless, I will post those pics when I can.

Thanks again! Much appreciated. #illgiveitashotandhopeidontscrewitup

Deployer of Software... CheezWiz's Avatar
    That review was from me. I have since submitted another review (awaiting moderation) because they changed the connector between the first one I ordered and the second one I just got this week. The new connector is better since it locks in place and is located where the wires will not get pinched, BUT now we have to make custom connectors... give a little, take a little... On the old style, I was able to use the original cam cable which is nice, but I did have to file a notch in the carbon fiber frame to keep from rubbing the wires....
    Cheez\/\/iz
    -------------------------
    KD4LYO