www.immersionrc.com

Thread: Is this a faulty DUO5800? Sorted!

Forum Member

Is this a faulty DUO5800? Sorted!

Brand new Raceband Fatshark DUO 4.1 and this is the best that I can best I can get it to receive.

I am at a bit of a loss to see why the DUO has such poor performance other than that is faulty.

Using the Raceband module in my V3's or V2's with a 25mW Raceband vTx I had great performance out to around 300 metres or more, the Duo feed is totally unusable at any range.

I tried both 2S and 3S packs, same result.

Just so you all know I had managed to have the vRx on the wrong band, DOH!!

Pete

Last edited by PeteDee; 27th September 2015 at 11:31 PM.
    [SIZE=2][FONT=arial narrow][COLOR=#ff0000]similis vobis fugere eam furatus[/COLOR][/FONT][COLOR=#ff0000][B]![/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[LIST][*][URL="http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Edith_Sitwell"]Edith Sitwell[/URL] "I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it."[/LIST]

Forum Member
    Hi Pete,

Maybe try physically removing the rx module from your goggles and try this again.

Forum Member
    Thanks Tom, yes tried all that.
    [SIZE=2][FONT=arial narrow][COLOR=#ff0000]similis vobis fugere eam furatus[/COLOR][/FONT][COLOR=#ff0000][B]![/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

[LIST][*][URL="http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Edith_Sitwell"]Edith Sitwell[/URL] "I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it."[/LIST]

ImmersionRC Support Guru swillhide's Avatar
    The duo performance should kick the Goggles module's butt. It sounds defective.
    AMA # 1015480 HAM Callsign # Procrastinating..
    Futaba 9c w/Ezuhf /Skywalker 1880 or anything else that I can Lawn Dart.
    Retired: Disco(Sold), Skywalker 1900(Dirt Nap), Qav540g/Nazav2/Iosd mk2

Forum Member
    Yes it does, sadly I bought it through Hobby King, I wish I would stop doing that.

It gets worse, also bought a couple of Fatshark 700TVL CMOS cameras and they are simply not usable, they put the wrong firmware on them.

So out nearly AUD$400 and none of the gear usable., I fncking hate this hobby sometimes.

Crap, crap, crap on a stick.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteDee View Post
    Yes it does, sadly I bought it through Hobby King, I wish I would stop doing that.

It gets worse, also bought a couple of Fatshark 700TVL CMOS cameras and they are simply not usable, they put the wrong firmware on them.

So out nearly AUD$400 and none of the gear usable., I fncking hate this hobby sometimes.

Crap, crap, crap on a stick.
    As per ImmersionRC policy;

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....here-you-start!

Looks like you will need to try HK initially for both these products. You already have the vids they will need to see and maybe also send any relevant forum links (like Greg's 700tvl admission). If you can show HK has failed to respond I'm sure IRC and FS will take care of you.

I have managed to get a few refunds/exchanges through HK but I admit that it was a slow and painful process, lol!

Forum Member
    Okay so looks like a had a big user error problem, gaaaaagh I am a such a dickhead sometimes............ only sometime okay!!!

Was selecting the wrong band for some stupid reason that will never/cannot be explained, I do wish there was a display of some sort telling you what band and channel it was set to.

Thanks for performing support duties Tom, kudu's mate working on the weekend...... now if I can just sort out the 700TVL cameras.....

Forum Member
    Good one Pete. Glad I'm not the only one with Senior Moments, lol!