www.immersionrc.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Throttle question - it either goes up or down and do a hard bounce.

Navigator

Question Throttle question - it either goes up or down and do a hard bounce.

Hey guys,

This is my first race quad. I have a question and was wondering if this normal or is there something I do about it.

Basically, I can't get it to hover or at least kinda hover. It's either one notch is ascending or stick it down a notch and it descending and kinda do a hard bounce. I read somewhere on the internet about throttle curve on the Taranis can solve it. Is that the direction I go look into?

While flying I find myself most of the time fighting the altitude making sure i don't crash or flying to high. When I watch videos of other vortex or quads I don't see them fighting that altitude like I do or at least it doesn't look like it.

Should I mess around with the throttle curve?

- Thanks for reading.

Don't try to hover, fly forward, but yes, thr curve is your answer. If you using baseflight/cleanflight then stick on some thr expo, same thing. Minis are overpowered and it sure is a bit hard to hover in one spot, but once you fly forward thr smooths out as altitude becomes controlled by thr and pitch together.
    Either way more stick time fixes all thumb issues
    If you're a noob, copy 1:1 what somebody already flies without too much questions, you'll find the answers later.
    PatrikE: I don't see anything wrong in your dump...
    Derrick:
    you are flying it LOS... You are doing it wrong.

Another problem you might be having is the notches on the throttle, that's an airplane radio. Heli radios do not have the notches so its a lot easier to get it right where you want it. I modded my first radio so it didn't have the notches, just need some sandpaper and the willingness to open your tx case. Or you can just remove the little metal piece putting tension on the notches, but your throttle stick will be really loose.
    Not an expert, just follow direction well....

Navigator
    having the same issue as int3nsity ever since I updated to clean flight 1.91 with IRC 1.15
    Now if I mess with the TX curves do I lower it to lessen the snappy throttle response or other
    or in clean flight you mentioned expo. does lowering the expo do that or how much should the setting be set to to get less of a snappy reaction to the throttle issue. I do as well once I get it inthe air have a hard time keeping it waist hi. I know could research it online lol but don't have hrs to look for answers

Quote Originally Posted by Roboforcer X2000 View Post
    Don't try to hover, fly forward, but yes, thr curve is your answer. If you using baseflight/cleanflight then stick on some thr expo, same thing. Minis are overpowered and it sure is a bit hard to hover in one spot, but once you fly forward thr smooths out as altitude becomes controlled by thr and pitch together.
    Either way more stick time fixes all thumb issues
    Again, if you are using baseflight or cleanflight, add throttle expo on there. If you are flying on 3s it shouldn't be bad, but 4s for a beginner may be tricky. All depends on your comfort level on the sticks.
    To the ground.

Navigator
    Thanks for the info guys! Adjusting the throttle curve on my Taranis seems to help. I will adjust the settings in Cleanflight today.

Thank you very much!

Navigator
    how much throttle expo should we add to have a smooth launch to hover then go as well as at first would like to do the same with the pitch slow and smooth. and how about assigning a dual rate on a 3 position switch where i can start off smooth then once i get comfy in the air then at a flip let it go well as its intended to be flown.
    I don't have many wide open fields by me, and right now just trying to hone my stick movements, until i get really comfy. haven't been able to fly it much, 1. weather. 2. work. 3. tired of crash landing it from very sensitive, stick control. I can use baseflight or clean flight have both because have another mini using naze32 board that i enjoy more because stick control isn't as sensitive as the vortex

Navigator
    I've mine set for Throttle_Mid at 50 (that's where my Vortex hovers or attempts to) and Throttle Expo at 30%. Works well enough for me.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by evilmerlin View Post
    I've mine set for Throttle_Mid at 50 (that's where my Vortex hovers or attempts to) and Throttle Expo at 30%. Works well enough for me.
    was that done on clean flight or tx?

Navigator
    Cleanflight. I've not any expo on my TX.