Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Fat Shark 1800mAh Battery

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TomC View Post
    And you also do this mod on your older fs 2s1000 packs which are a proven product with very few complaints. Sorry but something does not add up mate.

If you noticed an early problem you should have contacted your dealer to begin with. If they did not sort it out you should have then contacted fatshark support.

Doing what you did by modding them does not make any sense to me. I think you are very lucky to have avoided any significant damage.

Coming on this forum and requesting a total recall of these packs is way over the top IMHO.
    Probably so iyho so many ppl are having problems with these packs and it not just the 1800 packs its also the 1000 packs
    Any you are right in what you said reference the fatshark support what I have heard hear is there is no fatshark support so where do we go
    IMHO we would not have to mess around with these packs if they were quality packs in the first place so where dose the liability start
    imho I should have sent the packs back when I first noticed there was a problem and not played around with them
    What I recommend to everyone is if you suspect any problem send the pack right back to your supplier let them sort it out and request a full refund as I won't touch another fatshark battery ever again

Just my thought on this matter

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hpcoolahan View Post
    Hmmmm , yes , at least nothing else got damaged .
    [QUOTE So, taking your pack apart and bypassing the circuit board and resoldering to the battery tabs had nothing to do with this? In any case, I am glad there was minimal damage mate..[/QUOTE]

To be honest I don't know why the pack decided to give out the black smoke I only know it did and I was lucky to be there when it happened.
    bypassing the circuit board and soldering onto the lipo tab is the way I have been using lipo's for years and I have been doing this for over 40 years and not had a problem
    I know how to solder.
    Last edited by steph621; 1st May 2016 at 12:11 PM.

Forum Member
    Lol. I haven't left mine in for more than 3 hours, purchased late January, and only one cell is seen by my charger. This also appears to mean that I can't use the fan since I'm guessing the balance plug is what powers it. Kind of a problem with warmer weather. I've been charging in unbalanced mode and can see full voltage at the dc jack, so I'm guessing one of the leads came unsoldered. How do I fix that?

Forum Member
    Return it to the place you bought it under warranty

The more people who return these batterys as soon as there is a problem maybe something will get sorted with them

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steph621 View Post
    Return it to the place you bought it under warranty

The more people who return these batterys as soon as there is a problem maybe something will get sorted with them
    It came with the goggles I bought that came with eyecup shavings between the lens and LCD, which I attempted to exchange for a pair WITHOUT the shavings, but was told they would need to rma for 4-6 weeks...

Fatshark, TBS, most small outfits seem to want to lower the bar for customer service, LOWER than outfits like best buy and Wal-Mart have already set it.

After troubleshooting, I determined that the pins at the balance connector are bad... I'm not kidding, it was the pins. If others run into the same problem, I'd recommend cutting off the pins, stripping the wire and see if you get a reading. I'm pretty concerned about wearing it on my head at this point, but I guess if they explode while wearing them, it'll be worth millions, so whatever....

I'm more concerned for kids getting into the hobby. I don't speak for fatshark, but I don't think I could live with myself if I was knowingly putting out shitty/dangerous products if it killed a kid, but speaking as a parent, if they did, you wouldn't need to. But enough with the hypothetical bullshit... I'm sure fatshark would rather we just buy more shitty batteries and don't think of what fallout may occur!

Forum Member
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Fatshark has gotten to big for their britches.
    Now that they're signed up with Horizon, they seem to care less about the quality of their product and just want to crank out mass numbers of product.
    They seem to never listen to us and just keep pouring out crap for the masses.
    I don't have a long history with them, but in short time I've seen enough.

- original battery poor. New upgraded battery no better and no resolution.
    - DVR corrupts video if unplugged. Have to buy a new module if you want it to work correctly.
    - 1.3 ghz module didn't work right. V2 didn't work any better.
    - diversity module... not
    I know that there's more that I'm missing. The core goggles are pretty decent, and the company has a name, but their quality is going downhill.
    All I can say is remember the automobile industry and the phases that went through.

Forum Member

Maximum safe charge rate should be 1C (1.8A)

Our in house rejection rate during testing of the batteries is less than 0.4%. Our acceptance criteria is cells must between 3.8 and 4.0V with a maximum cell difference of 0.1V (see attached factory SOP). We've been discussing with the vendor and I think the major cause of the failures is due to the 2C charge rating on the battery, which was our original design specification. The vendor is saying that the battery shouldn't be charged above 1C (so max charge rate 1.8A). If you are charging at a rate higher than 1C, I'd recommend immediately dialling it back to 1.8A maximum.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	battery test procedures.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	268.9 KB 
ID:	72611  
    FatShark - RC vision systems - [url]www.fatshark.com[/url]

Forum Member
    Honestly in my opinion I will never where one of these lipo's next to my head again if that lipo self combusted on my bench with that ferocity I just don't want to imagine what it would have done to me had I been wearing it

My other fatshark 1800 I have disposed of it I actually did a test to see what would happen if the lipo was subjected to a knock and the dam thing made me jump I should of made some footage and posted it here as if you guys saw what damage these lipo's can do you would not where them anywhere on your body never mind next to your head

I believe these cell to be of inferior quality and I have said this before and I'll say it again fatshak need to recall all of these cells before someone get killed

Forum Member
    I have my battery not for long and today one of the side panel fell off and I can't put it back on as the it doesn't fit back no matter how much I press it down.
    So I'm assuming the cells have puffed, the one on the side that is now open looks normal, so I assume it has to be the other one.
    I always charge my LiPo's on 1C, either flight packs, radio pack, goggles pack, so this doesn't seem quite right as for a pack that is used under so low load...

I'm I stuck now with a defective battery? Do I risk to have it explode while in use in my head???
    www. [B]xRotor[/B] .net | [I][SIZE="1"]0x0FPV00[/SIZE][/I]
    youtube.com/Nandox7

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IceWind View Post
    I have my battery not for long and today one of the side panel fell off and I can't put it back on as the it doesn't fit back no matter how much I press it down.
    So I'm assuming the cells have puffed, the one on the side that is now open looks normal, so I assume it has to be the other one.
    I always charge my LiPo's on 1C, either flight packs, radio pack, goggles pack, so this doesn't seem quite right as for a pack that is used under so low load...

I'm I stuck now with a defective battery? Do I risk to have it explode while in use in my head???
    If you need to ask you probably should just retire that pack imho. Maybe try the HK Quanum 2s1500 3c headset packs. They seem to be pretty robust and balance-charge very well since they do not have any fancy internal balancing circuits.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...=quanum%20head