www.immersionrc.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brand new vortex wont take off (Video)? Motors working fine

Navigator

Angry Brand new vortex wont take off (Video)? Motors working fine

Hi

I have a brand new vortex I just got from Hobbyking. I have a Taranis X9D, with FrSky D4R-II and Fatshark Attitude V2 goggles.

I have completed all the setups for the Vortex TX and the FrSky. I have been through all the CleanFlight settings.

Now everything seems to work.... except when you throttle up, the motors engage and spin at what sounds like full speed, but the Vortex just wont take off??? It "looks" like an invisable hand is holding it down?

I have never in my life seen a quad do this before?

Please help guys I am itching to take this for a fly !

<span style="color: rgb(78, 77, 77); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8px; line-height: 12.8px;">https://youtu.be/k8R4rBakA3s

ImmersionRC Support Guru swillhide's Avatar
    Try some different props of the same pitch, I have seen some that are garbage and will not provide lift.
    AMA # 1015480 HAM Callsign # Procrastinating..
    Futaba 9c w/Ezuhf /Skywalker 1880 or anything else that I can Lawn Dart.
    Retired: Disco(Sold), Skywalker 1900(Dirt Nap), Qav540g/Nazav2/Iosd mk2

Navigator
    I would chech to make sure props are on correctly and motors spinning the correct way. Clockwise on right.

Quote Originally Posted by =FoX= View Post
    I would chech to make sure props are on correctly and motors spinning the correct way. Clockwise on right.
    Clockwise on right? I guess you are saying look at side of the quad and right hand motor is clockwise? Have never heard that. I always look at from above.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442536364.360031.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	66363

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by JCLs View Post
    Clockwise on right? I guess you are saying look at side of the quad and right hand motor is clockwise? Have never heard that. I always look at from above.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1442536364.360031.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	66363
    with that picture looking from the back of quad right motor is clockwize, spin it around looking from front of quad the right motor will spin clockwize.. that's just how i do my props.

Navigator
    Hi guys.

Thanks for your help everyone.
    Yes it turns out I'm a twit and put the props on wrong.
    However I did send some feedback to Immersion stating that one of those prop charts showing how to install the props should be in the manual.

If if your going to sell these ready off the shelf models your going to attract guys like me who don't know which way the props go back on after taking them off (as per their instructions).

For me - you learn something new every day

freaked me out tho as I had not seen that before. Ha ha.

I painted keys on cf arms in red paint. I forget still!!

Navigator
    Hey Buddy. For now just print out this schema , I added the "R" that is usually associated to right hand spinning direction and is also printed on your Clockwise spinning props as ex: 5030R, and put it in your BOX you always carry you'r vortex in. At some point it will become a second nature knowing motor spin direction and what prop goes where. Think that front motors always spin towards the inside of the quad and back motors spin towards the outside of the quad. Once you know that, As for what prop goes where if you forgot all the right hand stuff...Look at it and it should become obvious what side of the prop gives lift. If the prop spins to the right but the angle of the prop is pointing downwards while spinning in that direction it's obvious that air will not pass underneath the prop but on top of it thus providing no lift at all so basically you prop angle needs to point towards the sky when it's spinning. I hope i don't mess you even more lol. Just print the schema you'll be ok.

Name:	propway.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	66384

Nice. As noted above I put a little red "R" on each of the two arms by the motors.

I always thing of it as the props swing inwards at the fore and aft ends of the quad.

Another way to think of it is that all the props direction of motion is toward the centerline of the airframe at the furthest fore and aft dimensions.
    Last edited by sl4ppy; 18th September 2015 at 02:20 PM.