SurveilZone.com

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Foxeer 1080p@ 60fps HD camera for FPV Racing

I've skimmed through the thread but have not watched all the videos so please excuse me if it's covered already...

What is the recording bitrate for 1080p60? Thanks.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Multipass View Post
    I've skimmed through the thread but have not watched all the videos so please excuse me if it's covered already...

What is the recording bitrate for 1080p60? Thanks.

Its 35MB/sec

Great thanks. Are there cheap lens protectors out for it?

Forum Member
    Just a few observations:

THe video (1080p @60fps) is very good indeed - after 'tweaking'. The stock lens (in my experience) was slightly out of focus however can be adjusted to very sharp in focus. The most effective way (for me) was to release the locking compound on the lens barrel with GENTLE heat; find a reference scene with long focus / infinity in the frame (can be hand-held for this). (1) Adjust lens by less than 3 degrees (= less than a minute on a clockface) at a time and record a say, 10 second video with 3 adjustments. Download and check each clip carefully. after a few attempts, it is easy to see which way to go - (maybe 1/2 the original movement) until the test clip is pin sharp. That's it. I found adjusting via monitor / video out just didn't have the resolution required for fine adjustment. Outcome? pin sharp image to edge of frame in all corners. That's far better than many other competitors. Tried the GoPro H3 lens; no visible improvement.
    (2) PC GUI settings: adjust settings in GUI to ISO = cloudy; Sharpen = reduce X 1; EVO = +1. Very good image out indeed.
    Wishlist: - the GUI doesn't appear to be able to read the current camera settings (if you have more than one profile saved)... it would be great if I could read current settings, adjust, then save as a new profile. i.e. a 'read current settings' capability. However, very pleased with this camera.

Forum Member
    Please SurveilZone..... focus the lens. I am not going to buy a camera, disassemble it, remove glue, hook up a live output and squint at a screen while searching for focus.

Apart from this the foxeer seems to have the potential to become a great little camera for us fpv-ers with further firmware development.

Forum Member
    Its nice i got one in orange

Forum Member
    Had anyone had luck replacing the camera lense and lense module?
    mine goes all pink screen when you tap the lense.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny#9 View Post
    Had anyone had luck replacing the camera lense and lense module?
    mine goes all pink screen when you tap the lense.
    You probably have the ribbon cable off center.. I had no problems replacing mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Håvard Støre View Post
    Please SurveilZone..... focus the lens. I am not going to buy a camera, disassemble it, remove glue, hook up a live output and squint at a screen while searching for focus.

Apart from this the foxeer seems to have the potential to become a great little camera for us fpv-ers with further firmware development.
    Do you know if it's about the same amount of effort as the Xiaomi Yi? At least the Yi is $30 cheaper than this...

But the RunCam2 is about the same price and looks a little better...

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FLDataTeK View Post
    You probably have the ribbon cable off center.. I had no problems replacing mine.
    I haven't replaced mine yet. Just wanted to see if anyone had luck doing so.
    What was the reason you replaced yours? If i hit record while it sits on a desk it is fine. But any vibration makes the recorded image just psychedelic pink and purple vertical lines.
    was your problem similar? I just don't want to spend $35 and it not fix the problem.