FPVLAB

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Zeeflyboy's Laboratory

Instructor Pilot

Zeeflyboy's Laboratory

Hi guys,

I've been working on a place to build my toys, and I'm now at the point that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel with my new man lab and it will be up and running within the next month or two. I thought that made it time to post up something!

This thread is largely inspired by the stupefyingly talented Roboforcer's Garage thread - I thought this might be a neat place to blog not only the build of the lab but also once it's done of the little creations that don't warrant their own thread, things I learn about CNC-ing and 3D printing that might help others along the way, and so on.

It'll also serve as a hub for the bigger build threads that actually warrant their own space for anyone that has the patience to wade through them, I'll maintain links to those in this first post.

Given my lack of presence on here of late, I thought it might also serve of interest to those wondering where I've been

So, first order of business is to build the lab...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Links section

Eurofighter FPV thread: http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....ter+fpv+thread

AH6-Z thread: http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....-build-project

Vortex thread: http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....rtex-quot-quad
    Last edited by Zeeflyboy; 12th September 2015 at 05:52 PM.

Instructor Pilot
    The first thing was to design it... this was the rough idea that I ended up with:

And with that done, time to break ground and build some foundations

Then time to cover up the slab and let it bake for a week to set up nice and solid:

Instructor Pilot
    With the foundations done, time to break out the trusty circular saw and get framing:

putting this stuff up on your own can be tricky so I improvised with some supports

Instructor Pilot
    Time to put a roof on before it rains (this is an english summer after all):

And then I got the EPDM on just in time for it to rain... good timing!

Full length window fitted:

And roof tidied up:

Instructor Pilot
    And finally for now, got the big bifold doors in place (OH EM GEE those doors were heavy, and I was too impatient to wait for someone to be available to come and give me a hand.... I only nearly smashed one of them lol) and the electrician came round to hook up my beefy 32A 240v service. The observant might spot my custom 3d printed entry cover for the network cable )

Oh, and while I'm not the most talented artist in the world this awful little sketch gives an idea as to how my layout is going to be inside:

Last edited by Zeeflyboy; 12th September 2015 at 03:03 PM.

As your biggest fan I'll invite myself first to your man cave
    If you're a noob, copy 1:1 what somebody already flies without too much questions, you'll find the answers later.
    PatrikE: I don't see anything wrong in your dump...
    Derrick:
    you are flying it LOS... You are doing it wrong.

Instructor Pilot
    Haha, there'll be a beer waiting for you robo! (yes, beer fridge is going in there... priorities have to be made after all)

Co-Pilot
    Oooh great stuff. I love the fact you've put the overhang in with some nice glass, stops being an ugly boring shed an starts looking a bit respectable.

I'll have to show the wife now, I've got a similar sized shed in the back garden which the previous owner put a nice solid concrete base. Wouldn't take much to convert it into something much nicer. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

Oh and nice smoker bbq Fridge, bbq, 3d printers. Perfect.
    Last edited by londonguy; 12th September 2015 at 05:17 PM.

You Absolute Shower.... Lab Monkey's Avatar
    Nice, let us know when the "Cavewarming" is Zee ,I'll Bring the Molehunter with me, I'll drive down & he can drive back...
    All the right notes.....Not necessarily in the right order. Eric Morecambe

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeflyboy View Post
    Haha, there'll be a beer waiting for you robo! (yes, beer fridge is going in there... priorities have to be made after all)
    If I ask my wife for a beer fridge, she'll throw to my garage my side of the bed as well. So I have to walk to the kitchen (4 meters length journey) to get my beer, harsh life of a DIYer... LOL

Nice to see you back mate!
    If you're a noob, copy 1:1 what somebody already flies without too much questions, you'll find the answers later.
    PatrikE: I don't see anything wrong in your dump...
    Derrick:
    you are flying it LOS... You are doing it wrong.

Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast