Page 169 of 176 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 1752

Thread: TBS POWERCUBE

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by noir522 View Post
    I understand you, but before I can control the servo plugged into the servo port I have to tell betaflight where the port is (the pins address ).

I can teach you how to drive a car, but if I cant tell you what street the car is parked on then the ability to drive it is negligible.
    I believe it is UART 2. I'm reticent to pull open my copter with the powercube in it, but apparently it's written in small font on the board its self.

Navigator
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_tbs-powercube-colibri-v2-big.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	238.7 KB 
ID:	77221
    Ok this is where im at. I have my servo pplugged into the port labeled "servo". I read on Betaflight wiki page that servo is assigned to pb15 (B15). So in the cli tab I assigned "resource servo 1 B15". But still no control of the actual servo.
    Also I have servo tilt and forward controll active.

How would you assign a servo to a uart port?
    1) where would you physically plug it in (requires 5v)
    2) how would you assign it in the ports tab?
    My current ports tab has :

USB VCP . . . MSP
    UART1 . . . . . .smart port
    UART2 . . . . . . Serial rx
    UART3 . . . . . THIS IS UN ASSIGNED BUT NONE OF THE DROP DOWN MENUS SAY ANYTHING ABOUT SERVOS (OPTIONS FOR GPS, ESC AND TELEMEtry, blackbox, tbs audio, irc tramp only)
    Last edited by noir522; 26th July 2017 at 08:41 PM.

Anyone with Betaflight 3.2 on a Cube already? Does it work?
    Just mounted my Runcam Split on a Powercube, and Betaflight supports controlling the Runcam via serial port. Quite sexy - never low battery on the HDCam anymore, and Recording starts on Arm / stops on disarm!
    ---> Let's make the Lab great again! <---

Caipi 2 / Strix Goblin / RVJet / Mini Race Wing / Mini Talon
    Copters from Whoop to XClass

Team BlackSheep
    Quote Originally Posted by WDZaphod View Post
    Anyone with Betaflight 3.2 on a Cube already? Does it work?
    Just mounted my Runcam Split on a Powercube, and Betaflight supports controlling the Runcam via serial port. Quite sexy - never low battery on the HDCam anymore, and Recording starts on Arm / stops on disarm!
    Yes it's working but BST is disables. This should be fixed until the final 3.2 release.

Hmmm, I think there are other fixed required, but not from TBS

This just happend:

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by WDZaphod View Post
    Hmmm, I think there are other fixed required, but not from TBS

This just happend:

Split freezes are not related to 3.2 afaik, but most of the times due to a noisy power supply or outdated split firmware (freezes when sdcard is full).

3.2. flies incredibly well by the way. The dynamic filter makes a big difference. Johnny FPV smoothness with old beat up motors and props.

Just a shame that PID tuning through OSD is no longer possible, cause BST had to be disabled (buggy and TBS decided to let a third-party fix their issues). OSD menu cannot be entered, since the stick commands are forwarded through BST. All telemetry options going from BF to OSD will be dead (rssi).

Still, don't want to go back to 3.1.7.
    The hype is real. Significantly reduced prop wash and oscillations
    Last edited by Telnoi; 9th August 2017 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Telnoi View Post
    Split freezes are not related to 3.2 afaik, but most of the times due to a noisy power supply or outdated split firmware (freezes when sdcard is full).
    No, sure they're not related. I had the hope that you can enable video recording with the arming channel, but it seems it's not possible? Just remote controlling the hardware buttons is useless for me, because they are all toggle switches.

Just a shame that PID tuning through OSD is no longer possible, cause BST had to be disabled (buggy and TBS decided to let a third-party fix their issues). OSD menu cannot be entered, since the stick commands are forwarded through BST. All telemetry options going from BF to OSD will be dead (rssi).
    Ouch, that bad the situation? I hope this 3rd party hurries on a bit, I love my FPVision setup. Just wondering if the missing BST will be a big issue. RSSI comes by BST directly from the Crossfire Micro, so no problem. It seems, the flight mode and the arming message will be the only things missing?
    Thinking to use a FPVision in my flying wing, with iNav. Does anyone know if I need one GPS (for the colibri, to get RTL working), or the TBS GPS (will iNav recognize it?), or worst case 2 GPS, one for iNav, and one for the FPVision OSD?

Navigator
    Missing BST is an issue for anyone flying with others. Can't change vtx power and frequency. Don't have crossfire but an XM+ which relays rssi through channel 8 or 16, thus no way of knowing if an antenna has been compromised/cut other than visual inspection. Never used gps, but if it is connected to the FC then all GPS related osd data will not be displayed.

Not sure about inav BST support, but it would appear that something like an omnibus pro (fully supported and more important,standard betaflight OSD) is a more efficient and superior platform simply due to developer support.

Navigator
    With Betaflight 3.2 Beta released and some of the talk I see in terms of issues with TBS OSD and BF 3.2, I was wondering if someone could provide some detail in terms of these issues or incompatibilities that one could have when upgrading to BF 3.2 and the TBS Powercube. I am currently running 3.1.7 and have the TBS 2-in-1 FPVision stack. Will the OSD not work as it is in 3.1.7? Will I not be able to change PIDS, Camera settings, VTX settings, etc. the way I do now with the FPVision OSD if I do upgrade to BF 3.2? Thanks for any input...

Navigator
    You cannot enter nor change anything in the tbs OSD menu.
    That includes camera, vtx, pid settings.
    You will not see anything telemetry related that comes from BF/the flight controller, thus any device that is connected to the flight controller that transmits data (gps, rssi from Rx) and is typically displayed in the OSD.

For typical racers, voltage and amps used still works. Everything else is practically dead.