Page 158 of 176 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 1752

Thread: TBS POWERCUBE

Forum Member
    Ok well maybe I would have been better if someone had explained to the OP, just in case:

the flight controller, and indeed all the other layers on the powercube and the escs and the cam are all essentially printed circuit boards with electronic components soldered on them
    no one has bothered to work out what temperature band they should operate on them but it does exist,

take this web site, it is hosted on servers (somewhere under the hypervisor layers) and the heart of that computer is a printed circuit board, they have bothered to work out the temperatures it will operate at, it will something like 12-18 degrees c. Go outside that and you run the risk if the server failing, components may not operate as expected, solder joins can crack and become bad etc etc, basically your warranty is void, this is why the server is housed in a datacentre with a fixed ambient temperature, specific airflow,and humidity controls. this is all monitored and managed.

your flight controller is no different. You get away with it because it doesn't run 24 hours a day, but you dramatically shorten the life of the cuircuit board by operating outside its window, the more you move outside the more likely it will fail.
    damage caused by this is likely to be permenant and persistent.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Ok well maybe I would have been better if someone had explained to the OP, just in case:

the flight controller, and indeed all the other layers on the powercube and the escs and the cam are all essentially printed circuit boards with electronic components soldered on them
    no one has bothered to work out what temperature band they should operate on them but it does exist,

take this web site, it is hosted on servers (somewhere under the hypervisor layers) and the heart of that computer is a printed circuit board, they have bothered to work out the temperatures it will operate at, it will something like 12-18 degrees c. Go outside that and you run the risk if the server failing, components may not operate as expected, solder joins can crack and become bad etc etc, basically your warranty is void, this is why the server is housed in a datacentre with a fixed ambient temperature, specific airflow,and humidity controls. this is all monitored and managed.

your flight controller is no different. You get away with it because it doesn't run 24 hours a day, but you dramatically shorten the life of the cuircuit board by operating outside its window, the more you move outside the more likely it will fail.
    damage caused by this is likely to be permenant and persistent.
    Very thorough breakdown.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Forum Member
    Thanks for the answers. Maybe a bit more information: I often have to work with electronics stuff on cold or difficult environment. Sometimes flying high in the Alps or in very cold conditions with other equipment.

When I got something, I like to know what can I do with.

- With my Powercube:

-> haven't found information about temperature range for powercube/fpvision
    -> -8░ yesterday, let's try!
    -> trouble
    -> ask if others have same trouble -> I'm certainly not the only one who try on cold weather, want to knew about temperature and trouble
    -> it's yes
    -> next try when temperature will be a few degree higher
    -> and again until I will be able to find the minimum it can work

And then if it continue to be to cold outside (-12░ today), maybe think at a way to isolate the powercube to keep itself on the right temperature without getting too high.

Forum Member
    I am trying to set up a tricopter but can't get the tilt servo to work. Using Betaflight, in the motor menu bar 6 goes up and down when I move the yaw stick and when I rotate the tricopter but no motion from the servo.

Thanks for the help.

Ed

Forum Member
    Was wondering if anybody has any information pertaining to new ESC's for the Powercube? There was some info a while back about new 2-in-1 ESC's for the Powercube but I have not seen any info from TBS yet. If anybody has any information, please share. Was hoping for a new 2-in-1 30A ESC's supporting BLHeli_S - Oneshot42 and Multishot - for the Powercube. I know that I could buy the External ESC board but I really like the stack concept - makes a nice and neat build with no ESC's on the arms.

Forum Member
    so far, the 2in1 ESC boards are publicly known to exist only in the QQ190 RTF build. they'll also become part of the revised RotorX Atom V2 Pro edition this month. no official word when they'll be sold separately.

Forum Member
    Can anyone help me out?
    Got the newer colibri 2.0 and standalone esc pdb here.
    I put power wires to pdb pads on bottom and sit fc directly on top of it and put some solder in the signal holes to make sure of connection.
    The fc does not light up though.
    I even ran wires from positove and nehatove esc pads to the gold standoff spots on top of fc and it still didnt power.
    Tried metal washer on top of fc and bottom of pdb with a metal screw through top into a plastic standoff on my frame and nothing.
    I plug fc into usb and it lights up and i put latest fw so am i doing something wrong here?
    Is there a spot on fc i can just run a wire to from pdb and power it?
    Any help is appreciated.trying to fly tomm and if i dont get this going i guess im not flying.

Forum Member
    Is there any place to get replacement isolation plates for the cube? Can we use something else?

Forum Member
    Hey Trappy, when are you going to quit teasing us with the 2 Powercubes on your website (http://www.team-blacksheep.com/shopsets/keyowercube) that contain the 2-in-1 ESC and the 4-in-1 ESC and release these for sale? Looking to do a new build with one of these new ESC's for the Powercube. I got the Colibri FC and the FPVison but need these ESC's. How about an update as these two Powercubes have been shown on your website for several months now...
    Last edited by qavflyer; 23rd January 2017 at 07:45 PM.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qavflyer View Post
    Hey Trappy, when are you going to quit teasing us with the 2 Powercubes on your website that contain the 2-in-1 ESC and the 4-in-1 ESC and release these for sale? Looking to do a new build with one of these new ESC's for the Powercube. I got the Colibri FC and the FPVison but need these ESC's. How about an update as these two Powercubes have been shown on your website for several months now...
    I second this, in the same situation!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk