Page 152 of 176 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 1752

Thread: TBS POWERCUBE

Bricked My Powercube

Something happened to the powercube in my brand new RotorX v2. Haven't even flown it yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVpN...ature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3oy...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by DrNoxious; 10th November 2016 at 06:28 PM.

@DrNoxious,
    sorry you're having a bad go with your RXCube. i just built my Atom V2 up a week ago, and from what i can see on power-up, the red (orange) regular LED flashes on the front of the RXCube is normal operation although i haven't a clue which component it refers to. have you tried a different USB cable? my first one wouldn't connect to BetaFlight. i switched to another one that works with my other quads and voila, no connection problems anymore.

i can't tell from your videos, but a systematic inspection of the hardware is in order. are you grounded properly? the fact that the LEDs don't work anymore could be they're "dead" because of your "dead" CleanFlight connection. have you opened up a ticket with TBS support and provided your videos? the crash very well could've bricked something on the Cube, likely the FC.

best of luck

Well that totally sucks. I ordered a new FC, and yeah, I tried a few different cables. I also went over it to make sure all of my other soldering was ok, and removed the Rx in case that was the issue. I dunno. I guess I'll see what happens with the new FC.
    Last edited by DrNoxious; 13th November 2016 at 11:33 AM.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNoxious View Post
    Well that totally sucks. I ordered a new FC, and yeah, I tried a few different cables. I also went over it to make sure all of my other soldering was ok, and removed the Rx in case that was the issue. I dunno. I guess I'll see what happens with the new FC.
    I had an issue with my powercube which was very similar to your's...one time I had to replace the FC and another time it was the PDB. Since I have two QAV-R's now with the same exact setup, I keep a spare FC and PDB along with an ESC on hand so I don't have to experience much downtime.

Navigator
    When to go hit full throttle today on my krieger 225 with f80 2100kv and core pro ,unify hv vtx,gos module and powercube.
    i have betaflight loaded on fc and the recommended cubes esc settings of 1080 and 1980 or whatever it is they reccomend that is close to those numbers.
    Pretty sure I have stock fw and bootloader on escs but possible they have blheli.
    also I am running oneshot.
    and 8k/8k and have everything turned off like flight modes and acc besides airmode which is enabled when throttle hots 1070.
    i went to go for first real flight today since all I've done with it was hover around the front yard.
    when I slightly bumped up throttle to about 50 percent rather quick it started tumbling and lost control completely as it fell to the ground.
    i believe it was a Desync but found it weird that only a 2100kv motors?
    escs are on stock timing and settings.
    anyone else have an experience like this or have any ideas what I could do besides get some non atmel quality little bee 30 or lb30 blheli-s esc and sell the power cube

Quote Originally Posted by charleshodge215@gmail.com View Post
    When to go hit full throttle today on my krieger 225 with f80 2100kv and core pro ,unify hv vtx,gos module and powercube.
    i have betaflight loaded on fc and the recommended cubes esc settings of 1080 and 1980 or whatever it is they reccomend that is close to those numbers.
    Pretty sure I have stock fw and bootloader on escs but possible they have blheli.
    also I am running oneshot.
    and 8k/8k and have everything turned off like flight modes and acc besides airmode which is enabled when throttle hots 1070.
    i went to go for first real flight today since all I've done with it was hover around the front yard.
    when I slightly bumped up throttle to about 50 percent rather quick it started tumbling and lost control completely as it fell to the ground.
    i believe it was a Desync but found it weird that only a 2100kv motors?
    escs are on stock timing and settings.
    anyone else have an experience like this or have any ideas what I could do besides get some non atmel quality little bee 30 or lb30 blheli-s esc and sell the power cube
    it's important to have your tune right. was it shivering or oscillating in any way before it tumbled?

@charleshodge215

i had a powercube circa April in my Vendetta and crashed many times. donned both Cobra 2300kv and Emax 2300kv motors, almost always default PIDs on whatever BF version i flashed. never messed with the ESC settings. fortunately, i've never had an issue with any of the cube's components. a desync at 50% sounds unlikely. what is your motor timing set to? medium (by default) should be fine, but medium-low may work too. you won't see any benefits of running 8k PID loop because of the limitation of OneShot125. (they say 2k max, but can squeeze through with 2.67k.) personally, i ran 8k/2k.

what seems most likely is at 8k/8k, the processor was bogged down. i'm sure the CPU% was greater than 60%. i'm surprised you were actually able to arm and hover at those settings, because when i tried it, my CPU% was 100% and i couldn't even arm my cube.

and as trappy said, tuning's gotta be right. PIDs too low result in a sluggish quad while PIDs too high result in a twitchy quad.

Guys, I cannot get my Powercube regognised in TBS Agent... tried to delete the bootloader in device manager... I did install Zadig drivers... please help. This seems to be a slow and painfull process to get my Vendetta in the Air. I also Downloaded the VCP 1.40 drivers from st.com. Nothing seem to work.. Powercube lites are on... so I know my powercube is working. I am on Windows 10. I did use the bootloader button on the powercube when connecting to usb. Do i need too power with the lipo also?

EDIT: got it working, I had to go to device manager/ list hidden items/ USB /and then delete all the stm32 bootloaders, also "check" the box to delete all the drivers
    Last edited by Oenta; 21st November 2016 at 08:04 AM.

Navigator
    Can someone tell me the camera pin outs on the cube from left to right please