Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: TBS Long Range Crossfire with eagle tree vector, what will eagle tree support say??

Navigator

TBS Long Range Crossfire with eagle tree vector, what will eagle tree support say??

Hello guys,

I'm going to use the TBS Discovery with the vector flight controller.
    Can eagle tree support say something about the compatibility with the new long range system TBS Crossfire? Never gonna happen?, already working on it?, no problem?, or what is a tbs crossfire?

See here my question towards team black sheep:
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreca View Post
    Hi Trappy,

I'm about to build a tbs with a LR system. my flight controller is the eagle tree vector. Can I assume it works with the crossfire?
    I've read somewhere that if the vector supports/works on I2C, then it is supported or at least it can be supported. The vector indeed works with I2C.
    I wanted to go for the ezUHF, but now crossfire is leading the ranks. But my main concern is the compatibility...can you tell me about it?
    Thxx
    Response:
    We have received many requests to make it work together. It would be something that the Vector would need to implement, and we'll gladly show them how to do it. I guess this could be somethign you could reach out to them for us. I don't have any contacts inside EagleTree.

I really would like to use a legal long range system and the best flight controller together.....

Link to TBS Crossfire
    http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?42097-TBS-CROSSFIRE-Next-Generation-Long-Range-R-C-System
    Last edited by Oreca; 11th August 2015 at 05:23 PM.

Navigator
    I think there are quite a few of us waiting for an answer to this. Hopefully Eagle Tree will utilize this possibility for integration.

Navigator
    Hey Guys,

We are interested in working on this but need a bit of info. We will update you as we have additional info.

Regards, John

Navigator
    That is brilliant!

Thanks John

Navigator
    Guys,

I had also contact through the support request and there are looking into it.
    I pre ordered the crossfire and have the vector as flight controller. So quess I will be serving as guinea pig...
    I will check for more info from TBS and Eagle tree and report back my conclusions when setting up the system.

I'm glad with the eagle tree support. They act fast, also in their software updates.

TBS Long Range Crossfire with eagle tree vector, what will eagle tree support...

I don't understand what this request is for. The vector certainly accepts ppm and the crossfire can output ppm, so what's the issue? Telemetry via the control link? That's what the nice vector OSD is for. I mean, it's 'nice to have' the same information going back over the crossfire control link and probably have Taranis display it or update you via voice, but that's a novelty and it's absence certainly isn't going to prevent using the crossfire with vector.

Navigator
    Apparently there were some compatibility issues

Quote from TBS thread:
    "
    The Crossfire already works with the Vector in the way that other LRS's do. The only two incompatibilities are:

1) RSSI info can't get shown on the Vector - yet. The next software update of the Crossfire will fix this.
    2) GPS info can't be relayed from the Vector to the TBS CROSSFIRE. We are currently looking into this with EagleTree.
    "
    I'm looking to get GPS relayed back to Crossfire as there is beacon mode in receiver in case of loosing the plane. Don't need additional gps unit for that..

Navigator
    Hello all,

We are waiting for additional info to be provided from the Crossfire manufacturer. But just to be clear, the Vector and the Crossfire WILL work together as it is. I was advised that they are using a Vector right now with one of the test Crossfires.

The Vector accepts many different RSSI inputs. It is my understanding that the Crossfire will eventually support one of the standard RSSI protocols which will allow the Vector to display the RSSI from the Crossfire.

As for the GPS locator indication. We may be able to provide the Vectors GPS info to the Crossfire (again, we are waiting for info from the Crossfire manufacturer about this). However it is my understanding that you still can use the Crossfire without this feature OR connect a separate GPS to the Crossfire as you would in a craft that didn't already have one.

We will announce any update on this as we have it but as it stands now, you CAN use the Vector with a Crossfire as it is.

Regards, John

Navigator
    Dear John, and all

Thank you for the update. It is good news to hear that! Great to see that two companies working together.
    grtzz

Navigator
    John, any updates?

Especially interested in the GPS info from Vector to Crossfire.

Thanks in advance.