Thread: Help with "Digital display" 1.3 VRx and ezUHF Tx interference!!

Forum Member

Question Help with "Digital display" 1.3 VRx and ezUHF Tx interference!!

I was maidening a build the other day using an ezUHF module coupled with a Taranis+ (With 8 channel rc ezUHF receiver) and the "digital display" brand 1.3 GHz Video Rx from GetFPV (transmitter is same brand 800 mW version).

I found that when I was too close to the VRx (within say 3-4 ft or closer) my video signal would just completely drop out. I could take a step back and the video would appear again perfectly, take a step forward again and video cuts out. This particular Rx was purchased just over a year ago and I'm not sure if there have been new changes implemented since then. The ezUHF and Taranis are brand new and I'm operating on the "extreme hopping" setting. Moving to a different channel did help a little, but just seemed to make it so I could be a little bit closer to the VRx, problem still exists on all channels.

Any suggestions on how to correct this?

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vtexpress View Post
    I was maidening a build the other day using an ezUHF module coupled with a Taranis+ (With 8 channel rc ezUHF receiver) and the "digital display" brand 1.3 GHz Video Rx from GetFPV (transmitter is same brand 800 mW version).

I found that when I was too close to the VRx (within say 3-4 ft or closer) my video signal would just completely drop out. I could take a step back and the video would appear again perfectly, take a step forward again and video cuts out. This particular Rx was purchased just over a year ago and I'm not sure if there have been new changes implemented since then. The ezUHF and Taranis are brand new and I'm operating on the "extreme hopping" setting. Moving to a different channel did help a little, but just seemed to make it so I could be a little bit closer to the VRx, problem still exists on all channels.

Any suggestions on how to correct this?

The EZUHF and generally all 433Mhz UHF systems will have some harmonic noise on 1.2/1.3 GHz system. So what you're seeing is your UHF system overpowering your video transmission, and in turn knocking out your video. The easiest fix is to place your video receiver as far away as possible from your radio UHF TX. We did update our 1.3GHz receiver a while ago, so the new version could help limit the interference some as well.

Forum Member
    [QUOTE=jimmaplesong;128705]When you're outraged at chatch, please don't quote his bullshit.[/QUOTE]

Forum Member
    Time to get some longer cables... And grab my screwdriver! Can't wait to try that "magic" fix haha that sounds amazing if it works.

Also wanted to say all you guys are awesome, and getfpv is awesome... Such fast responses! I love this community.

I will definitely report back with my findings.

Cheers