Page 75 of 79 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast

Thread: Dominator HD V2's!

Thanks dude:-)

Ok, have never used OSD with my HD2, but had to turn on the camera title for the race event. To my surprise the video scaling is waaaay off, good 5% of image is cut on each side. However if I record it with built-in DVR and then view on my computer the image is without cutouts. No wonder the picture always looked blurry through the goggles. I verified the issue is inside the HD2 by comparing same camera/vtx/vrx combo with Headplay HDs and Quanum V1 goggles - those don't have that issue. Anyway to adjust the scaling on HD2? Did they fix it firmware wise? If so how can I update the firmware?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dom HD2 - OSD.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	73453   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dom V2 - OSD.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	73454   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HD2scalingProblem.png 
Views:	269 
Size:	550.7 KB 
ID:	73455  
    Last edited by Buzzing Around; 5th July 2016 at 06:47 PM.

I've done few more tests and figured out that said scaling problem is only true for PAL cameras. When using NTSC camera the video is perfect without any cuts.

Hi, loving my HD2's...

Where can I get replacement foam and what does someone do if their fan stops working?

Thanks

Fatshark AU/NZ Repairs hpcoolahan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Mywards View Post
    Hi, loving my HD2's...

Where can I get replacement foam and what does someone do if their fan stops working?

Thanks
    Retailers have the new replacement velcro foam , and you will need to contact support@fatshark.com to get a replacement fan organised
    Australia post: "delivering packages the day after you need them since 1809"

"Light travels faster than sound -- thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak" - Albert Einstein.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tukmol View Post
    Is the video quality of this hd2 supposed to be better than old dom v1? I used grnd station w/ 5.8 relay and compared hd2 to my old v1. The hd2 is a bit blurry, not just the edges. The small branches that i can see on my old v1 isn't visible on hd2.
    This is on the same setup.

I regret buying this dom hd screen is big but looks magnified and blurry.
    I am having the same problem. In my attitude v2 I can see smaller details that simply isn't visible in my new hd v2's.
    Is this only a matter of adjusting contrast and light on the goggles and them adjusting the position of them on the face?
    Or is there something wrong with them or is it just way it is with these goggles, the older attitudes have better resolution?

Ive just read that the Fatshark Dominator HD2 are end of the Line and no more are being manufactured. That indicates a new release of these goggles which i was thinking of buying because of the DVR Cap etc... is Greg at Fatshark in a position to tell us whats being planned and when we can expect them?

Cheers

Wireless video evangelist FatShark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBob6939 View Post
    Ive just read that the Fatshark Dominator HD2 are end of the Line and no more are being manufactured. That indicates a new release of these goggles which i was thinking of buying because of the DVR Cap etc... is Greg at Fatshark in a position to tell us whats being planned and when we can expect them?

Cheers
    HD3s will be out in less than 2 months. Minor refinements really, not a complete redesign this round. There's a few out in the field already getting feedback.
    FatShark - RC vision systems - www.fatshark.com

So how come you didn't send me a set to test?
    similis vobis fugere eam furatus!

• Edith Sitwell "I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it."

Quote Originally Posted by FatShark View Post
    HD3s will be out in less than 2 months. Minor refinements really, not a complete redesign this round. There's a few out in the field already getting feedback.
    Is there any list what are you trying to refine? I mean maybe optics related eye relief, something regarding magnification? Maybe DVR related? Maybe goggles color? Would be interesting to know what to expect