FPVLAB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think I'm cursed

Engineer for Jesus Christ IBCrazy's Avatar

I think I'm cursed

Ok, so I think I am cursed. I can fly alone anytime and nobody ever comes around. But get me with another FPVer, and I end up being questioned by the police...

JBeloncik and I met up to do a little flying today. As I was driving down to one of my hotspots I noticed a big open field to my right, jammed the brakes and pulled in. Nice area. Good small parking area just off the road way for a great launch site. The only contention was a relatively large complex about 2000 feet over a hill to the side, but everywhere else was clear. It was a Sunday, so I figured the place would be closed, right.

Not bad, huh? WRONG!

Turns out the "complex" was a minimum security prison. DOH! One of the guys with us mentioned he was seeing a bunch of cops drive by, of course they paid little attention to us... I thought. Then 3 highway patrol cars pulled up. Granted, they had a good sense of humor about it, but told us it was a bad idea to be flying there and informed us that the complex was a prison. Go figure... One of them thought it was ok for us to fly, but the other two over ruled him and said it would be better if we left, so we did.

My luck...

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

videoaerialsystems.com - Performance video piloting

I'm surprised they did not immediately take you to... the minimum security prison, just in case!!

hahaha nice!!

Sky Pirate & FPV Outlaw SecretSpy711's Avatar
    Nice! Come to think of it, there's been several times when an officer has pulled up to see what I/we were doing. Only once were we told to leave, and it was at a county park flying Slow-Sticks and a Bixler -- it'd be hard to damage anything with those! But most of the time they're just curious and think it's pretty cool.

unplugged
    Quote Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
    Then 3 highway patrol cars pulled up.

-Alex
    For some reason that usually costs me a bunch of $$ in tickets/fines/lawyer/court costs etc. (maybe I just have that effect). . . . I consider only being asked to leave a "friendly" encounter with the po-po. And dude If I was flying anywhere near a jail i am certain they would promptly make arrangements for me to "stay"!! LOL

I was looking at flying over some islands here, scouting on google earth - there are 4 or 5 and then there is..............MCNEAL ISLAND.

If you ever saw the movie HEAT you may be aware of that.

So that's one less island I will be hopping over next summer....(when I'm braver).
    "Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

KF7TRX

IB- What do you fly?
    "Truly superior pilots are those who use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills"- Author unknown

KF7TRX

I waved at the camera did you see me? I was wearing a striped suit

Engineer for Jesus Christ IBCrazy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotttu View Post
    IB- What do you fly?
    I was flying my Specter. A 32 oz 48" wingspan foamy: http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....-FPV-plane-yet

I probably could have harmed myself with it if I hit myself in the head, but that's about it.

-Alex
    If it is broken, fix it. if it isn't broken, I'll soon fix that.

videoaerialsystems.com - Performance video piloting

A buddy of mine was kicked out of a park flying LOS because it was close to a prison thats been shut down for years. Guess they really dont like people flying over them. Afraid of airdropping metal files to the inmates i guess...
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure; than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast