Page 25 of 489 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: TBS CROSSFIRE - Next Generation Long Range R/C System

Forum Member
    I think with the BT interface you will be able to do quite a bit of changes and config without looking at the XFire screen.

Forum Member
    @Trappy. Crossfire micro receiver accept gps directly on bst port ?

Forum Member
    I have not seem much info on the micro receiver other than it is PPM only. If this control link is as robust as they say then I would be interested in trying out the micro receiver on at least one of my Pop Wings (http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....l=1#post688995). I am currently running the OpenLRS Brotronics receiver and have had failsafe issues. In this video at about 1:06 is a close range failsafe that sent me into a tree. Don't mind the OSD distance, the issues had not been sorted out yet. I was only about 1300 feet away.

There are a few things that I will would like to sort out on this receiver though.
    • This is a Colorado Spec Race Wing and as such there are no flight controllers allowed. I would want a cheap, small, and lightweight way to convert from the receiver PPM to PWM servo control. The easiest way may be using something like an Afro Mini flight controller but I can't do that.
    • This is just a nice bonus feature but it would be cool to get the GPS on the Crossfire. This has 2.4GHz video and I have taken it out a few miles before. I am running the stand alone MWOSD to show GPS coordinates. My current GPS only has options for serial output using NMEA or UBX. I have not heard anything about the Crossfire supporting this though.
    Last edited by brightspectrum; 8th August 2015 at 01:09 PM.
    youtube.com/user/brightspectrum1

Forum Member
    Hi Trappy,

I'm about to build a tbs with a LR system. my flight controller is the eagle tree vector. Can I assume it works with the crossfire?
    I've read somewhere that if the vector supports/works on I2C, then it is supported or at least it can be supported. The vector indeed works with I2C.
    I wanted to go for the ezUHF, but now crossfire is leading the ranks. But my main concern is the compatibility...can you tell me about it?
    Thxx

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 34Ford View Post
    TBS Crossfire - 100km RANGE TEST

That's some distance...Respect. I would have chickened out many km's back

BTW: Trappy i hope you don't mind me using your honey badger quote as a signature, i think it's bada$$
    [FONT=UICTFontTextStyleBody][B]LOS is for LOSers
    -chicken sashimi
    [/B]
    [B]TBS CROSSFIRE: The honey badger of UHF systems
    -Trappy[/B][/FONT]

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Will you add a way to set the failsafe while flying like most UHF systems? It's really very convenient to be able to set this anytime.
    That's already done.

Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    Let me add that having a speaker on the crossfire unit would have really helped. For example, adjusting the transmission power while on the air could be possible via a switch on the radio, like ezuhf. The speaker could beep to confirm so you don't have to look at the screen. Like the ET Guardian, you could explore on-the-fly changing of settings, even while flying, via a switch (mapped to a dedicated channel). Depending on the kind of flying, it may not be always convenient to change the config via the crossfire tx itself. That would really make a lot of difference vs other systems out there.
    We may have TX power set to a R/C switch, especially for those "oh crap" moments. However, keep in mind that with the automatically-adjustable TX power you will always be transmitting at the maximum power level (that you decide on yourself) once the link becomes weak. We did not opt for a beeper because that's just 1950's way of pissing a pilot off ... all that noise ... when we FPV we want to relax

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclv View Post
    @Trappy. Crossfire micro receiver accept gps directly on bst port ?
    Yes, assuming you have a CORE PRO or some other BST device providing the 5V power, otherwise a bit of soldering may be required. Just like with the DJI CAN bus, some devices can't produce power themselves (the CF RX is one of them) so directly connecting components only works if you splice in a power source. We will provide more info there.

Quote Originally Posted by Oreca View Post
    Hi Trappy,

I'm about to build a tbs with a LR system. my flight controller is the eagle tree vector. Can I assume it works with the crossfire?
    I've read somewhere that if the vector supports/works on I2C, then it is supported or at least it can be supported. The vector indeed works with I2C.
    I wanted to go for the ezUHF, but now crossfire is leading the ranks. But my main concern is the compatibility...can you tell me about it?
    Thxx
    We have received many requests to make it work together. It would be something that the Vector would need to implement, and we'll gladly show them how to do it. I guess this could be somethign you could reach out to them for us. I don't have any contacts inside EagleTree.

Quote Originally Posted by SUBA View Post
    That's some distance...Respect. I would have chickened out many km's back

BTW: Trappy i hope you don't mind me using your honey badger quote as a signature, i think it's bada$$
    LOL, not at all, thanks

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trappy View Post
    LOL, not at all, thanks
    Much Appreciated man

Fun fact... I seen a nature program on Discovey a while back about an animal sanctuary or reserve (can't remember which) that has lions in a fenced pen and the pen next to them had honey badgers. Well these guys couldn't mind their own business and just had to get digging under the fence to get fighting with the lions.... Talk about crazy wee animals, they really don't give a crap about anything
    [FONT=UICTFontTextStyleBody][B]LOS is for LOSers
    -chicken sashimi
    [/B]
    [B]TBS CROSSFIRE: The honey badger of UHF systems
    -Trappy[/B][/FONT]

Forum Member
    Just seen an e-mail response on a FB forum from www.firstpersonview.co.uk saying they wouldn't be stocking the Crossfire as they are not legal in the UK.
    All the right notes.....Not necessarily in the right order. Eric Morecambe

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lab Monkey View Post
    Just seen an e-mail response on a FB forum from www.firstpersonview.co.uk saying they wouldn't be stocking the Crossfire as they are not legal in the UK.
    got a link to this BS? maybe they should get some Ofcom consultation ... there's already quite a few products on their front page that should not be sold in the UK

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trappy View Post
    I guess this could be somethign you could reach out to them for us. I don't have any contacts inside EagleTree.
    LOL its been a number of years now but I thought you and Bill got along just fine?