Page 111 of 489 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 4881

Thread: TBS CROSSFIRE - Next Generation Long Range R/C System

Forum Member
    Just plug on your aetr ( aileron elevator throttle and rudder) into the correct ports, I put x2 on a knob. Can you see your controls move in the naza software?
    Not an expert, just follow direction well....

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j5coat View Post
    Just plug on your aetr ( aileron elevator throttle and rudder) into the correct ports, I put x2 on a knob. Can you see your controls move in the naza software?
    I did all that, I will list how I have it set up for pwm
    CH1 - THtl
    CH2 - Ail
    Ch3- Elev
    Ch4- Rudd
    Ch5 Not Used
    Ch 6 - GPS/Atti/Failsafe - Switched (Verified alignment in assistant)
    CH7 - Gimbal Gain - Knob
    Ch8 - off/Course Lock/ Heading Lock - Switched

All test out as working fin the Naza Assistant and move correctly. Even did all the calibrations. When I plug my original RX back in and realign Ch6 it all works perfectly. I setup the Crossfire RX on a standard plane with servos and all the control surfaces move correctly and throttle works perfectly

Forum Member

Buggy crossfire

Here's a short vid of what's happening.

https://youtu.be/2GhRgq0My58

aslo when I pull the power the rx just turns off and the tx goes to a yellow
    Last edited by qazico; 11th October 2015 at 10:24 PM.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by angeloreyes27 View Post
    My question is... Do i need the TBS core PNP 50 installed to get the crossfire working regards the rssi gps etc? As i was going to remove it as i was going to use the OSD on the pixhawk via the micro mosd.
    The minimum you need to connect is one connection between the RC IN on the Pixhawk and Output 1 on the Crossfire, and configure it to PPM via the TX. This gives you full control. If you want the GPS (and other MAVLink data) to be sent to the Crossfire TX, you currently need the TBS Blackbox. You connect the Blackbox BST connector to the Telem 1 or Telem 2 port (which also powers the Blackbox) and the second Blackbox BST connector to the Crossfire RX BST connection.

Then you'd use the other Pixhawk Telem port for your micro minimOSD.

Some time in the future a firmware update for the Crossfire will all you to connect the Pixhawk Telem port directly to one of the ports on the RX (they've hidden full serial ports on some of the RX outputs). But if you want GPS downlink, MAVLink info for the Crossfire TX-to-Android via Bluetooth, and the Find Mode enabled now, you need the Blackbox. If you don't care in the short term about these things, you can fly without it until the firmware is ready.

I don't think the Core PNP has the capability of taking Pixhawk telemetry (MAVLink protocol) and converting it to BST (Blacksheep Telemetry) format for this purpose, but I don't know that for sure.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmakin View Post
    OK this is totally kicking my butt. Does anyone have any instructions on how to have the Crossfire work with the Naza M? I finally got passed the GPS not locking. That was a channel alignment issue. Now the GPS locks just fine but motors wont start up. I currently have it set up PWM as I have no idea how to utilize the PPM setup stuff. I read that the Naza M has channel X2 for PPM input but from there I am lost. Would love some step by step if anyone has done this.
    I have the exact set-up as yours provided that your TBS Crossfire and your Naza M V2 are directly hooked up with servo extensions.
    Here is my servo extension hook-ups to the Crossfire:

Channel 1 - Aileron
    Channel 2 - Elevator
    Channel 3 - Throttle
    Channel 4 - Rudder
    Channel 5 - Control Mode Switch (GPS-ATTI-Manual)
    Channel 6 - Port for Pitch control on 3 axis gimbal (formerly X1 all gains set-up on quad and now INH)
    Channel 7 - X2 IOC
    Channel 8 - Video camera switcher between GoPro and FPV camera

Your quad may not arm the motors if the control mode switch is not set on manual instead of attitude or failsafe options in the drop down menu. Try this first because I believe that is where your problem lies. You might have it set on GPS-ATTI-ATTI. It should be set to GPS-ATTI-Manual. If that doesn't work try doing a command stick calibration again of your tx sticks and stick monitor making sure that your your trim tabs on your tx are set in the middle.

Receiver type is set to Tradition instead of Sbus or PPM

Advance settings
    IOC checked
    Motor idle speed to recommended. If motors still don't arm increase gain by moving it one or 2 positions to the right near high.

Lastly if all fails, try arming your motors as soon as you plug in your lipo battery to your quad. Just stay clear of your props. My quad has a tendency not to arm if I don't arm it right away. Throttle down all the way to disarm the motors and the quad will rearm during your stick arming process when you are ready to fly your quad.

Be sure to place your tx throttle stick to 1/4 throttle (5 notches from the left in the throttle section of your command stick calibration section of the Naza and set into a failsafe box in the control mode switch when setting your failsafe on your Crossfire. This is a crucial step in the set-up otherwise if you lose tx signal on your Crossfire it will not set your failsafe on the Naza FC. You can test this by turning off your tx when your Xfire is connected and in your command stick calibration section your throttle should go to 1/4 throttle position and in your control mode switch section your arrow should go into failsafe.

Also consider a compass calibration naza dance.
    Last edited by fpvguam; 11th October 2015 at 11:50 PM.
    NH2LB

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by qazico View Post
    Here's a short vid of what's happening.

https://youtu.be/2GhRgq0My58

aslo when I pull the power the rx just turns off and the tx goes to a yellow
    Looks like you have your transmitter to close to your Crossfire receiver. The Crossfire transmitter is powerful and placing it to close to the receiver can damage your unit or cause your Xfire to go into shutdown mode. It's giving you a warning when it blinks red. Try staying 7-10 feet away or further and see if it clears your issue.
    NH2LB

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fpvguam View Post
    I have the exact set-up as yours provided that your TBS Crossfire and your Naza M V2 are directly hooked up with servo extensions.
    Here is my servo extension hook-ups to the Crossfire:

Channel 1 - Aileron
    Channel 2 - Elevator
    Channel 3 - Throttle
    Channel 4 - Rudder
    Channel 5 - Control Mode Switch (GPS-ATTI-Manual)
    Channel 6 - Port for Pitch control on 3 axis gimbal (formerly X1 all gains set-up on quad and now INH)
    Channel 7 - X2 IOC
    Channel 8 - Video camera switcher between GoPro and FPV camera

Your quad may not arm the motors if the control mode switch is not set on manual instead of attitude or failsafe options in the drop down menu. Try this first because I believe that is where your problem lies. You might have it set on GPS-ATTI-ATTI. It should be set to GPS-ATTI-Manual. If that doesn't work try doing a command stick calibration again of your tx sticks and stick monitor making sure that your your trim tabs on your tx are set in the middle.

Receiver type is set to Tradition instead of Sbus or PPM

Advance settings
    IOC checked
    Motor idle speed to recommended. If motors still don't arm increase gain by moving it one or 2 positions to the right near high.

Lastly if all fails, try arming your motors as soon as you plug in your lipo battery to your quad. Just stay clear of your props. My quad has a tendency not to arm if I don't arm it right away. Throttle down all the way to disarm the motors and the quad will rearm during your stick arming process when you are ready to fly your quad.

Be sure to place your tx throttle stick to 1/4 throttle (5 notches from the left in the throttle section of your command stick calibration section of the Naza and set into a failsafe box in the control mode switch when setting your failsafe on your Crossfire. This is a crucial step in the set-up otherwise if you lose tx signal on Crossfire it will not set your failsafe on Naza. You can test this by turning off your tx when your xfire is connected and in your command stick calibration your throttle should go to 1/4 throttle position and in your control mode switch section your arrow should go into failsafe.

Also consider a compass calibration naza dance.
    Appreciate the advice.

My AETR all move in accordance with the Naza assistant and have been calibrated as such. I did try to set the manual mode as well in the three switch setup for control mode. It will not arm in any of the four states even after GPS has locked. All trims are set to center on the radio. I would be a bit confused as to why a compass calibration would make a difference when putting in the original rx works and then doesnt work with the crossfire RX. But it never hurts to calibrate when the opportunity presents itself. Not to worried at the moment about failsafe settings but yes I agree with your failsafe assessment as I already had plans to do that knowing the way the systems talk to each other.

Forum Member
    It's going into find mode (not the your rx is to close to the tx warning) then going back to normal mode. I have the same results when I had the rx upstairs. I've had the wife unplug the rx power from upstairs and it just drops off without going into find mode.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmakin View Post
    Appreciate the advice.

My AETR all move in accordance with the Naza assistant and have been calibrated as such. I did try to set the manual mode as well in the three switch setup for control mode. It will not arm in any of the four states even after GPS has locked. All trims are set to center on the radio. I would be a bit confused as to why a compass calibration would make a difference when putting in the original rx works and then doesnt work with the crossfire RX. But it never hurts to calibrate when the opportunity presents itself. Not to worried at the moment about failsafe settings but yes I agree with your failsafe assessment as I already had plans to do that knowing the way the systems talk to each other.
    What's the LED blinking pattern?
    That could help you determine if there's a problem with the setup.

Forum Member
    also when I initiate the find function via the tx. The tx goes purple for about 30 second then goes yellow and the rx link light goes red
    Last edited by qazico; 11th October 2015 at 11:58 PM.