Page 368 of 489 FirstFirst ... 268318358366367368369370378418468 ... LastLast
Results 3,671 to 3,680 of 4881

Thread: TBS CROSSFIRE - Next Generation Long Range R/C System

Team BlackSheep
    Quote Originally Posted by Eterisk View Post
    So, Perna - what's new in the v1.51 Beta FW?
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillesan View Post
    In TBS Agent, the latest version is 1.51 but does not give explanation of the novelties of the latter. Anyone know what's new in this version, thanks.
    Sorry didn't write the release notes yet. Crossfire is getting fully legal now for every country following ETSI ( CE ). You can lock your corssfire now under general settings for FCC, CE or C-TICK(Australia). FCC and C-TICK was already working before but now you an also run it legal under CE. Max power will be 25mW and it will also do LBT according to ETSI specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark97564 View Post
    @perna, can you please help me get a couple replacement Jr adapters for the rc input of my crossfire tx? The white ppm wire broke off all my adapters and I'm on my last one that is on its way out too.. I can see the wire showing out of the plug now so it won't be long before it breaks off.. I've even tied the cable down to the tripod trying to keep any stress off it and it's still somehow wearing out, just not as fast as the rest..

Thanks a a bunch boss,

-Mark
    Please contact our support team.

Quote Originally Posted by doobie View Post
    I took the day off work to try 1.40. my disco upon returning home I yawed to the left and returned the stick to centre but the quad kept spinning on me for about 3 or 4sec after back in centre. I had it set at 1w dyno on. kept ramping up to 1w in places where on v1.09 at 100mw(dyno off) would have 100%LQ and RSSI of -70, this was at -90 and LQ of 80% at 1w. WTF? my disco pro when I stopped to tilt camera down for filming something, it just kept goin straight for a bit then decided to stop and hover. I had it locked on 100mw like usual on v1.09 and was getting LQ of 85% at 300m away. 100mw locked on in v1.09 always got me 4km away and never less than 98%LQ. my endurance disco I stopped to hover to adjust my goggles, and when I went to proceed forward again the damn thing just sat there not moving. I took my goggles off to see if the xfire went to failsafe and nope it was fine. threw the goggles back on and pushed the stick again and it decided to move again. had it locked on 500mw. still got it out to almost 6km and back though. LOL. after calming my anger down I reverted back to v1.09 and checked the values and failsafes on the laptop about lunchtime, I went out and flew all 3 the rest of the afternoon with excellent results. I dunno what to say. I think ill stay on 1.09. gives me the best results perna.
    This sounds like there is a connection issue between the remote and the XF TX. Failsafe timeout is 1s. It's almost not possible it holds the position for a few seconds. Can you check it you get a stable reading on RC input?

Quote Originally Posted by IdefixRC View Post
    Feedback on 1.4 from me. Rock solid. Flying it on planes and multirotors in close proximity as well as long range without any issues at all. Did not have a failsafe or any other strange behavior so far (all models are on APM/pixhawk with various different motor and FPV configurations including video on 5.8 and 2.4ghz).

Thumbs up guys!

P.s. I noticed that the dynamic output power is higher quicker (e.g. 500mw after 5km when on 1.09 it was 25mw for the same distance.) I assume this has something to do with the telemetry now enabled on 1.4 (mavlink)?
    Yes telemetry needs to be enabled to make dynamic power working.

FPV, RC and more........ IdefixRC's Avatar
    Hi Perna,

My point was the that output power on 1.4 is higher in general.
    Previously on 1.09 I flew 5km and dynamic power stayed on 25mw max. Now it goes to 500mw consistently at the same distance.

I assume that as 1.09 had no mavlink telemetry, the output power was throttled as the link quality did not need to be as good hence now with Mavlink on the power is higher by default / based on the higher bandwidth requirement? Or am I wrong and the reason for the higher dynamic power now on 1.4 at the same distance ia something else?

Thanks
    FPV, RC, 3D Printing and more..........
    idefixrc.com | IdefixRC Homepage
    goo.gl/VIsUy6 | Link to my YouTube Channel
    goo.gl/cayWH5 | Link to my Thingiverse Page

I will perna. I am waiting for a new cable from support. should be at my door Monday. yes I had the ground cable break where it goes into the xfire RC input. I fixed it best I could till new one arrives. still, it worked fine rest of the day on 1.09 but ill put the new one on and give er another go. ill see if I can post some video clips this weekend of the couple glitches I had. if I not workin the weekend farming
    Last edited by doobie; 19th August 2016 at 06:09 PM.
    flyin HIGH

Quote Originally Posted by IdefixRC View Post
    Hi Perna,

My point was the that output power on 1.4 is higher in general.
    Previously on 1.09 I flew 5km and dynamic power stayed on 25mw max. Now it goes to 500mw consistently at the same distance.

I assume that as 1.09 had no mavlink telemetry, the output power was throttled as the link quality did not need to be as good hence now with Mavlink on the power is higher by default / based on the higher bandwidth requirement? Or am I wrong and the reason for the higher dynamic power now on 1.4 at the same distance ia something else?

Thanks
    I noticed this also.
    flyin HIGH

@ Perna :
    NICE! Now you just need a stick command to switch from the usefull (1.40) to the legal firmware (1.51 with regional profile)...
    Just in case... ROFL

Navigator
    Hi Perna,
    Is the CE certification still going on as well?

xfire fail and very hot tx temp.

Hi all,
    Today I was flying with my xf with the dynamic power and maximum power 500mW. I was 5km away and the power was jumping between 25mW and 100mW, everything was fine. But when the plane was return about 2.3km, I had serveral failsafes. No problem at all because RTH was configured, and after every failsafe the RTH was activated, but the failsafes didnīt stop, and after a while, the xf has reset (I'm pretty sure that the radio was on) and it was really really hot. I unplugged it and connected again, and seemed to be ok, but again I had several failsafes. I have a w-fly 9 radio.
    I'm currently using June beta firmware. The diversity receiver and both Tx and Rx with stock antennas, but I don't think it's a firmware issue since some friends of mine have the same version and they don't have these issues. Moreover, they haven't ever had any failsafe, and before today, I also had some fails, even being less than 500m away, but they were much more sporadic.
    As you can imagine, I'm quite concern because my guess is that is a hardware issue. I don`t know if somebody has experienced something similar or there is something I can do. Please, I'll appreciate any help you can provide.
    Thanks!
    Alberthamon.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by doobie View Post
    I noticed this also.

Just came in to read about upgrading to 1.40 but it looks like a case of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". As 1.09 has treated me well, going to stick with that until something worth switching for comes along. Really don't like the talk about markedly higher transmitter output and failsafes, etc...

ya I back on 1.09 for now. all fairness to 1.40, my cable to my futaba had a broken wire I repaired before trying it first. when my new one gets here Monday ill reflash 1.40 and give it another try. I don't use mavlink, Bluetooth or any of the other stuff so seems like aggravation really. too bad we couldn't get perna to custom make firmware for us. like for me I would like instead of telemetry tellin when to ramp up and down, maybe have it so with a up on the toggle, switch power up. with a down on the toggle, the power level go down. the ability to change the power level manually while flying. I am a complete idiot and have no clue whatsoever on this radio shit. ive only been in this hobby 3yrs now. but I know all my problems with this system occur when dyno and telemetry are on.
    flyin HIGH

Navigator
    hey guys,
    can I power the Crossfire TX with a 4s lipo pack? Only have 4s laying around here.