Page 335 of 489 FirstFirst ... 235285325333334335336337345385435 ... LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,350 of 4881

Thread: TBS CROSSFIRE - Next Generation Long Range R/C System

Quote Originally Posted by slappomatt View Post
    Just flew 13.5 miles with a micro rx, 500mw on tx with a 12db 900mhz yagi, fw 1.09 and had zero issues. Also was using 1w old lawmate vtx with a dipole, and a 13db yagi. Had 11 feet seperation.
    holy crap man!!! 1.09 has been very good to me so far. I fly multirotors so distance like that is outta the question but what I do is lock on to 100mw dyno off and fly away. at 3km my RSSI usually -78 and 100% LQ. all 3 quads I have are all within those same values. 1 is pwm all 8 ch and the other 2 are sbus off ch8. I like my xfire. ill try this update through the week after seein how guy's are makin out with 1.31fw
    flyin HIGH

Navigator
    Just flew 13.5 miles with a micro rx, 500mw on tx with a 12db 900mhz yagi, fw 1.09 and had zero issues. Also was using 1w old lawmate vtx with a dipole, and a 13db yagi. Had 11 feet seperation.
    That is awesome slappomatt! Can you please quote your RSSI and LQ at that distance? I've only flew my camera quad with crossfire so far, with flawless results but am converting a number of craft to Xfire and using it on new builds that aren't just park flyers.

I agree doobie, 1.09 is solid for me also and I too am in love with my Crossfire system.

^^ do you use dyno when you fly? LOL it cost me a small fortune to switch out all my rx"s to xfire
    flyin HIGH

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by rangler View Post
    To summarize.
    All of my setups use LQ/RSSI cable mod to vector using the GPS>BST cable.

1. DiversirtyRX upgrade from 1.23 to 1.31 = FS settings retained
    2. MicroRX(#1) upgraded from 1.23 to 1.31 = FS setting lost.
    3. On MicroRX(#1)Once i reset the FS settings, it works fine and the VECTOR software / OSD confirms this.
    4. MicroRX(#2) upgraded to 1.31 again lost FS settings.
    5. On MicroRX(#2)Once i reset the FS settings, it works fine and the VECTOR software / OSD confirms this.

Tonight i will do two flights on v1.23
    1. With RSSI/LQ GPS BST cable mod.
    2. Without RSSI/LQ GPS BST cable mod.

Hopefully this will identify if the 1s dropout issue is indeed to do with the GPS cable mod - If it is that cables staying out
    I'm switching back to beta 1.23 for the next 4 days as i'm on holiday to my favorite FPV location and need a known working config.
    I can provide further video evidence next week once home.
    Rangler, I am about to install a micro rx in my bixler with an ET Vector.

1. After I flash to 1.31 and then set fail safes, I should be good correct?

2. I need more channels than available if I want to have RSSI and/or LQ displayed. should I just cough those up as a loss on the OSD and rely on the telem stream back to the TX?

3. Is there a way on the micro rx to get LQ and RSSI while maintaining use of all 8 channels?

4. Is there any other issues that I should be aware of in configuring FS settings? What did you do to finally make it successful?

I am currently using 500mw dynamic. Not sure if that was at me or Mark. I will be posting the full dvr footage in the personal best thread here in the "air show" forum.

wootenelli, per number 3. Yes with vector rssi and LQ do not require any radio channels. I just posted the link on setting this up a page or 2 ago. You need to solder up a custom cable from vector GPS bus to crossfire bst. It's only 3 wires. Will give you native rssi, LQ, and will automaticly give you GPS location on your crossfire tx when telemetry is active.

Also the new vector firmware allows the use of a 5 (or 6?) position switch for modes so mod and sub mode can be done over 1 radio channel if you configure your transmitter correctly ( eg opentx)

Edit: Mark just checked the video. My Rssi is always low, around 38-42 most all the time. My LQ was 100% the whole time. never had a single glitch.
    Last edited by slappomatt; 11th June 2016 at 08:51 PM.

Navigator
    I am currently using 500mw dynamic. Not sure if that was at me or Mark. I will be posting the full dvr footage in the personal best thread here in the "air show" forum.

wootenelli, per number 3. Yes with vector rssi and LQ do not require any radio channels. I just posted the link on setting this up a page or 2 ago. You need to solder up a custom cable from vector GPS bus to crossfire bst. It's only 3 wires. Will give you native rssi, LQ, and will automaticly give you GPS location on your crossfire tx when telemetry is active.

Also the new vector firmware allows the use of a 5 (or 6?) position switch for modes so mod and sub mode can be done over 1 radio channel if you configure your transmitter correctly ( eg opentx)

Edit: Mark just checked the video. My Rssi is always low, around 38-42 most all the time. My LQ was 100% the whole time. never had a single glitch.
    Nice one, great flight

Interestingly, RSSI/LQ injected in the PPM stream and passed through to an osd gives about the same numbers after take off for me, not really that helpful
    Think I might try just LQ

Navigator

Thanks slappomatt, exactly what I was hoping you would say. =)

Love Crossfire and have more confidence in it little bit more now.

Navigator
    1.31 report. I have had many flights out to 10-12km and back including circling over head with no more signs of the short range failsafe glitch that was present in 1.23. Usually the circle overhead was what would recreate the previous problem. This was diversity receiver, dynam off and set to 100mw, mavlink on, FC apm. Nice job TBS. Tomorrow I may get a chance to try out my micro receiver which is on another platform (z-84 with pixfalcon) and see if I have the same success. :^)

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Perna View Post
    With 1.31 I recommend to have it enabled on any quad. With good link conditions you will get 150Hz update rate on your sticks with telemetry enabled.
    Perna, what is the available bandwidth for MAVLink messages? It'd be really helpful to understand how much can be transmitted so that we can properly prioritise all of the available information which can be transmitted.

Navigator

Not working out..

I can't seem to get myself where I want to be with the crossfire. If anyone wants to pick up my gear Its about $100 less than I paid for it, I have a link for it here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2681790