Page 216 of 489 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226266316 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 4881

Thread: TBS CROSSFIRE - Next Generation Long Range R/C System

Is there any source for Informations about new Firmware releases, WITHOUT digging in this 218-pages-and-still-growing thread?
    I am worried to miss the full Mavlink support, but it's quite exhausting to keep an eye on that here

Ah, my Crossfire is gone. I did the mistake to show to a friend here in Paraguay. He offered house, wife, kids and several cows for it. Okay, more or less.
    Will be replaced same day I arrive back home
    ---> Let's make the Lab great again! <---

Caipi 2 / Strix Goblin / RVJet / Mini Race Wing / Mini Talon
    Copters from Whoop to XClass

Quote Originally Posted by WDZaphod View Post
    Is there any source for Informations about new Firmware releases, WITHOUT digging in this 218-pages-and-still-growing thread?
    I am worried to miss the full Mavlink support, but it's quite exhausting to keep an eye on that here
    You can get the release notes in the TBS Agent. Plug in your device, and you will see a "Release Notes" link right under the update button.

Edit:

V1.09
    - added: Show signal strength bar on find mode page if no GPS is attached
    - fixed: Uplink sync loss when downlink is lost ( huge range improvement on high power in very noisy environment )
    - improved: More advanced CRC check to avoid wrong telemetry data
    - improved: Split up telemetry data to increase throughput if link has low link quality
    - improved: Dynamic power triggers changed to make it more stable even flying in a group of people
    - improved: Re-sync time in force telemetry mode
    - improved: Some small code improvements and fixes

V1.06
    - added: Micro receiver support
    - added: TX loads receivers firmware and stores it internally for firmware update over RF
    - added: Firmware update over RF ( V1.06 and above )
    - added: SBUS and non-inverted SBUS support for all receivers ( channel 8 on diversity receiver )
    - added: PPM and SBUS stream mapping
    - added: LQ/RSSI can now be mapped into PPM/SBUS streams
    - added: Digital low latency input capability added for upcoming OpenTX release
    - fixed: Futaba 12Ch. PPM support added

v1.00
    - First release

The Agent is in a Windows-VM - I am just starting a Win-OS in my house, when there is really no other way
    Agent for Mac pls! Or a Chrome-App... Or something else platform independend!
    ---> Let's make the Lab great again! <---

Caipi 2 / Strix Goblin / RVJet / Mini Race Wing / Mini Talon
    Copters from Whoop to XClass

Quote Originally Posted by Clouseau View Post
    .. reporting on each other for nothing goes as well
    LoL !

Quote Originally Posted by Clouseau View Post
    Sorry Stocki it was sort of an inside joke, I couldn't help it! Since you only have 3 post here, I felt it necessary to explain myself, welcome you, and apologize at the same time...

Any mention of 1.3ghz here in this thread will get you "reported", although.... reporting on each other for nothing goes as well
    No Problem. I am not a native speaker. That's why I prefer to read here, instead of writing nonsense. But you're right. So here are a few words (not many) to my experience with CrossFire + 1G3 video. I have the Crossfire and video at 1280 MHz for a few weeks in use. Unfortunately, the weather has been weeks here (Germany) very windy and cold. The problems described here (killerbean - THX for the research) I could also adjust on my desk and I can confirm this. In my last flights I did not fly further than 5km away. The Crossfire was setup to 100mW and dyn. Power was switched "On". I was usually flown very low (less than 70 meters). So the power from the crossfire turned high from time to time. Every time this happened, I had much interference. The closer I got to the VRX, the clearer were the disturbances. I use a readmadeRC VRX (separate Ground Station) with Comtech Tunner and a FOX800 VTX.
    My conclusion:

- RC link much better than EzUhF

- 1G3 video much worse than with EzUHF

Has anyone experience with 5G8 repeaters (for the 1G3 video channel) and Crosfire? Could this be a workarround for the moment?

TBS CROSSFIRE - Next Generation Long Range R/C System

Quote Originally Posted by stocki View Post
    No Problem. I am not a native speaker. That's why I prefer to read here, instead of writing nonsense. But you're right. So here are a few words (not many) to my experience with CrossFire + 1G3 video. I have the Crossfire and video at 1280 MHz for a few weeks in use. Unfortunately, the weather has been weeks here (Germany) very windy and cold. The problems described here (killerbean - THX for the research) I could also adjust on my desk and I can confirm this. In my last flights I did not fly further than 5km away. The Crossfire was setup to 100mW and dyn. Power was switched "On". I was usually flown very low (less than 70 meters). So the power from the crossfire turned high from time to time. Every time this happened, I had much interference. The closer I got to the VRX, the clearer were the disturbances. I use a readmadeRC VRX (separate Ground Station) with Comtech Tunner and a FOX800 VTX.
    My conclusion:

- RC link much better than EzUhF

- 1G3 video much worse than with EzUHF

Has anyone experience with 5G8 repeaters (for the 1G3 video channel) and Crosfire? Could this be a workarround for the moment?
    That's what I use. RMRC 1.3 vrx into an Eagle Eyes and one channel goes out to an Immersion 15mw 5.8 ground station vtx. I use a VAS Pepperbox, I separate about 10-15 feet (the length of my rca cable).

To clarify, I haven't tried any more than 5 miles but I have not had any issues at all as long as l stay separated from the pepperbox. If I get close then interference will come thru the 5.8 stream to the monitor and goggles.
    Last edited by Morpheuz; 4th January 2016 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheuz View Post
    That's what I use. RMRC 1.3 vrx into an Eagle Eyes and one channel goes out to an Immersion 15mw 5.8 ground station vtx. I use a VAS Pepperbox, I separate about 10-15 feet (the length of my rca cable).
    IMRC makes a 15Mw 5.8G VTx repeater ? I know FS has a 25Mw repeater! Do you have a Link for the product please.

Yeah. I guess it's technically a Fatshark. 5-15 mw

http://www.readymaderc.com/store/ind...oducts_id=2409

Quote Originally Posted by Morpheuz View Post

To clarify, I haven't tried any more than 5 miles but I have not had any issues at all as long as l stay separated from the pepperbox. If I get close then interference will come thru the 5.8 stream to the monitor and goggles.
    What about the loss of quality through the 1G3 video in 5G8 video? Do you have an example video? Have you also tried it already with a long shielded video cable from your ground station?

Video quality is great. I use a shielded rca cable from the antenna/VRx to my ground station/eagle eyes, it's a 15 foot cable. I'm usually close to the ground station but the range from the repeater is easily a couple hundred feet. If you have a 5.8 vtx laying around it's pretty easy to hook up. Cheap solution to not have to deal with being tethered to the ground station.
    Last edited by Morpheuz; 4th January 2016 at 04:25 PM.