Page 395 of 489 FirstFirst ... 295345385393394395396397405445 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,950 of 4881

Thread: TBS CROSSFIRE - Next Generation Long Range R/C System

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by WNCFPV View Post
    Hi everyone!

Finally had my 1st run with the Crossfire today. Made it to 1 mile no problem... But I noticed the transmitter kept maxing out to 2W for something reason. Even very close by. I have updated everything to 1.44. Has anyone else had this problem and if so, a solution? Surely this can't be normal. I have the dynamic power on FYI!

See it here:

Can you put up some pictures of how everything is mounted? I have been doing 3+ miles on 100MW on the tuned antennas of the diversity. On the micro it's been about a mile before I see it switch into way high power.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by steveno View Post
    Just been experimenting with Opentx 2.2 and Crossfire, initially on my Taranis, but now as it was so promising I bought a Horus.

This takes the whole experience to another level, I plan to make alerts and display for all sorts of things like LQ-RSSI, battery voltage, GPS co-ords etc.

I must admit the Horus still buzz's when the Crossfire is on high power, but it then goes down to almost unnoticeable at lower powers.

One other thing the "tee" standard antenna will need an extension to clear the Horus and so you can orient it correctly unless you bend it, for me I have the tuned straight antenna that works well on the Horus, still buzz's but as I said on low power not a major problem.

Steve.
    Make sure to Turn off the internal transmitter. I don't get any humming or buzzing with my TBS tx on my taranis. But if you do you can line the inside of the box top edge with some Foil Duct Tape. about 4$ a roll Some others use Copper.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by slowgto View Post
    Can you put up some pictures of how everything is mounted? I have been doing 3+ miles on 100MW on the tuned antennas of the diversity. On the micro it's been about a mile before I see it switch into way high power.

Here are some pics of my setup. Have a screwed something up? I am having a slight bend to the antennas from the tail of the bird. But that shouldn't matter right?

Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0206.JPG.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	384.1 KB 
ID:	75123Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0204.JPG.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	327.3 KB 
ID:	75120Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0205.JPG.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	396.4 KB 
ID:	75121
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	93 
ID:	75122  

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by WNCFPV View Post
    Here are some pics of my setup. Have a screwed something up? I am having a slight bend to the antennas from the tail of the bird. But that shouldn't matter right?

Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	161 
ID:	75123Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0204.JPG.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	327.3 KB 
ID:	75120Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0205.JPG.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	396.4 KB 
ID:	75121
    That all looks right. I would have set the antennas a bit more away from each other but that's it. Maybe someone with more experience can chime in?

Navigator
    When installing a Crossfire Micro RX on a wing plane. Can the antenna be horizontal to the ground as long as the TX "T" Antenna is horizontal to the ground also?

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by gww528 View Post
    When installing a Crossfire Micro RX on a wing plane. Can the antenna be horizontal to the ground as long as the TX "T" Antenna is horizontal to the ground also?
    It's probably bad information but I usually just leave them out the bottom of the airplane. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by gww528 View Post
    Yes it can but your going to pointing the null at yourself every time you turn. Not ideal.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Not an expert, just follow direction well....

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by j5coat View Post
    Yes it can but your going to pointing the null at yourself every time you turn. Not ideal.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    good point, thanx

Navigator
    I'm not sure.. all I know is it's under 400ft
    Quote Originally Posted by aerialvisions View Post
    @Perna, when will the Tx's be available to purchase from TBS. Been on backorder for months!
    I try to support the companies that create the foundation of the Hobby as much as I can even if its a buck or two extra and that is often through ordering direct. So when I read this I figured good it can't be much longer so I waited... so can "anyone" say how long it will be?

In order to get the most out of a diversity system you want the have the antennas form a V shape. That way when one signal gets weaker in a bank the other will get stronger. In the current setup you get no benefit at all due to cross polarization losses.