Page 287 of 488 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297337387 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 4874

Thread: TBS CROSSFIRE - Next Generation Long Range R/C System

Quote Originally Posted by Surfdog View Post
    Hello again Mark,
    ~snip~ the question remains, why did I lose signal (if that's even what really happened) at 2km distance when TBS posts a video showing 20km on 10mw and I have gone 5km myself previously? I still wonder if the heavy electrical transmission lines 300m away are the culprit. It weird that two planes with different Vector and rx modules had similar episodes within 100m of each other and that the event that occurred lower down on the mountain was less severe and the plane was able to recover and make it back home without further incident.
    Easy answer: It's a radio link.... no radio link is impervious to outside interference. With that said there are countless ways to interfere with a system, some systems are better at mitigating interference than others... but in the end this is still a 'results may vary' hobby and remember this is still consumer grade stuff with a bit of bleeding edge mixed in.

Navigator

Results do vary

Quote Originally Posted by RonSII View Post
    Easy answer: It's a radio link.... no radio link is impervious to outside interference. With that said there are countless ways to interfere with a system, some systems are better at mitigating interference than others... but in the end this is still a 'results may vary' hobby and remember this is still consumer grade stuff with a bit of bleeding edge mixed in.
    I hear you RonSII. I've flown that ridge many times with FrSky L9R before I "upgraded" to the Crossfire. Maybe 915 is more susceptible to that kind of interference than 2.4, or maybe I was just lucky before. I feel lucky this time too, as I was able to recover the wreckage. Hate to leave styro-trash in the hills.

And just to add one other thing/.... it also could be something not related to the actual radio link but some other issue with the electronics or software, there are just so many possibilities until you get some extra data and repeatability tests in place to troubleshoot it it's more or less a guessing game. Once you get more time in with using it you will be able to spot link problems vs. other things easier

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by doobie View Post
    most futabas only get 8 ch through the trainer port. have you gone into your trainer menu? the 14sg I know for sure you can opt for 8 or 12 ch through the trainer port
    Thanks... I have no problem getting more than 8 channels through the Futaba using EZUHF via the Trainer port The issue is with the Crossfire as I have the same issue with the HiTec Aurora 9 Is anyone able to get more than 8 channels from the Crossfire? Can one use CH7 and 8 as RC pasthru channels on Pixhawk when using the Crossfire in Mavlink Tx and RX mode on CH7 and 8. Any help would be appreciated.

Navigator
    Is that ok using the Antenna upside down like on this photos??
    the antenna "tail"shape does not fit on the tail of my plane so I wonder if it could be mounted as a "upside down V" ....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160413_160007.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	71757Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160413_160033.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	115.0 KB 
ID:	71758

Quote Originally Posted by Roboforcer X2000 View Post
    I think it'll work anyway, this system is sooo forgiving I saw people putting them horizontally in a tube in the center of a quad, works the charm, I personally replace dipoles with 1/8 monopoles on micro Rx'. Took a spare cable with UFL connector (I believe that's the name for them) from broken 2.4g Rx antennas and cut the shielding leaving 41.1mm sticking out, that's my 1/8 wave monopole (868mhz for Europe 1/4 wave is 82.2mm). Small, compact, fits anywhere. I usually bash my quads within half a mile radius and tested them antennas on 2 copters to ~500m on 25mw with dynamic power OFF- no glitches, no failsafes, no problems
    Nice and neat, only one small wire:
    Dont foget then that the ImmersionRC whip antennas fit the profile of a crossfire 1/2 wave antenna (within 3%)
    http://www.getfpv.com/433mhz-sander-...p-antenna.html

The only problem is mounting it.

Trappy, are we any closer to having the micro recieve mavlink and put it into a taranis?

Navigator
    I have the micro connected via bst to my core pro but am not seeing any rssi or link info on the osd. Is there some magic voodoo I'm overlooking?

Quote Originally Posted by fpvdrifter View Post
    I have the micro connected via bst to my core pro but am not seeing any rssi or link info on the osd. Is there some magic voodoo I'm overlooking?
    did you cut off a chickens head and dance in circles swinging it above your head while turning on link in the core pro menu?
    flyin HIGH

^LMAO

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	319 
Size:	113.1 KB 
ID:	71815JONO,
    Did you do this?