Page 472 of 489 FirstFirst ... 372422462470471472473474482 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,720 of 4881

Thread: TBS CROSSFIRE - Next Generation Long Range R/C System

Navigator
    I asked about this over a year ago. Perna responded with this:

"Crossfire adjust bandwidth and drops repetitive frames to fit the RF bandwidth. If GCS counts frame it could end up looking like this. Nothing wrong about this tho. High update rate between FC and XF RX is required in case you run core pro osd. Then The XF RX cuts the stream to make it fit the RF link and send it down."

I don't think anything has changed. ( I use Mission Planner )

Quote Originally Posted by austntexan View Post
    Who's using Crossfire with Pix 2.1 on this thread? Is anyone having similar telemetry performance to what I've been getting? The best I'm able to get is 20%. I've tried multiple FW on the TX/RX all with the same results on the telemetry. Am I missing something simple here, or is this a ghost in the machine? I can go into build specifics if necessary but just interested in what others have experienced with Pixhawk 2.1 and Crossfire/telemetry signal strength. I have no issues connecting with my rig over Mission Planner and Crossfire Bluetooth directly with my PC. It's just the telemetry link issue that seems to be getting in the way.
    Last edited by rallyon; 17th February 2018 at 11:23 AM.

I’m new to LRS & so much info on many forums that I seem to be missing stuff.

Is the Immortal T like the v2 Rx antenna or will there be an updated Immortal T? I’m in the process of looking at mount options for the v2 Rx on my Mojo 230 and am struggling a bit for proper orientation

Navigator
    Can you do both crossfire and serial at the same time with the fullsize reciever?
    Currently building a inav powered plane. And id like to have the rc commands over crossfire and inav configurator over serial.

Or will i have to use sbus + serial?

Navigator
    Is there any way to get 16 channels? Using mavlink.
    Could I send channels 1-8 through mavlink and connect 8 more channels w/ another protocol or something to the diversity rx pins?
    My big drone uses all 16... I didn't read the manual before I made my purchase to see the 12 channel limit.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
    Is there any way to get 16 channels? Using mavlink.
    Could I send channels 1-8 through mavlink and connect 8 more channels w/ another protocol or something to the diversity rx pins?
    My big drone uses all 16... I didn't read the manual before I made my purchase to see the 12 channel limit.
    Nope, 8ch by mavlink, 12 by sbus etc but no 12ch

Gesendet von meinem FIG-LX1 mit Tapatalk

Navigator
    Are TBS still updating software for it, etc? Would 16 channels be possible in future firmware if people showed interest? My existing dtf uhf gear does 16 channels. FrSky's 900mhz system does 16 channels. obviously all the 2.4 systems all do 16 channels.
    I understand the tradeoffs (at least w/ the other systems) and for a big camera drone I don't need extremely fast response.
    Otherwise...... this really sucks I really need 16 channels on this one copter, and don't want to keep two different long range systems..

Navigator
    Does the Nano RX support “MAVLink PPM (aka RC over mavlink) ? I'm using XF on micro Rx and nano and the nano doesn't seem to have this option in Rx menu. Not a real problem but need to know please.

Thanks

Navigator
    I just receive a crossfire diversity Rx to complete my nano and micro Rx.
    I wondering aboit the antenna : Are their 2 version of antenna because didn't see them anywhere :

look at that : 900mhz ! I'm using 868Mhz in Europe. Are there differeent antenna according to the place we buy them ?

For 868MHz, VSWR is really bad : 2.406 is really not good for an antenna, at 900Mhz we have 1.415 not bad but not good...

An explanation ? bad production units ?

thanks !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2961.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	133.4 KB 
ID:	78225Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2960.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	120.1 KB 
ID:	78226

Co-Pilot
    What is the normal telemetry ranger for the micro and the nano? What about the diversity?
    Most of the money I made this year I spent on FPV,the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by macfly1202 View Post
    I just receive a crossfire diversity Rx to complete my nano and micro Rx.
    I wondering aboit the antenna : Are their 2 version of antenna because didn't see them anywhere :

look at that : 900mhz ! I'm using 868Mhz in Europe. Are there differeent antenna according to the place we buy them ?

For 868MHz, VSWR is really bad : 2.406 is really not good for an antenna, at 900Mhz we have 1.415 not bad but not good...

An explanation ? bad production units ?

thanks !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2961.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	133.4 KB 
ID:	78225Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2960.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	120.1 KB 
ID:	78226
    Sounds like the antennas you got are cut just sightly too small - probably for 915 rather than 868. Not sure how well they're manufactured - I've never put one on an analyzer. I hope they're good as I am about to maiden my first full xfire rx. Not sure if they're done by precision machinery, buy a careful employee with a good caliper, or simply held down on a piece of plywood and chopped off next to a fat marker line by an angry guy with a machete, lol. I do know for the micro rx's, if you have an old rx, you need to trim it for 915 (they were all made for 868), but the newer ones have different color heat shrink on the actual antenna - gray for 915 ones sold in the US, and black for 868 ones sold elsewhere. Not sure about the other full sized antennas though.

Scott