Page 347 of 488 FirstFirst ... 247297337345346347348349357397447 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,470 of 4875

Thread: TBS CROSSFIRE - Next Generation Long Range R/C System

Navigator
    I'm running CrossFire with Pixhawks, and I just want to double check: if the Pixhawk has a GPS, am I correct in saying that beacon mode will be able to use those GPS coordinates?

Quote Originally Posted by fluffypony View Post
    I'm running CrossFire with Pixhawks, and I just want to double check: if the Pixhawk has a GPS, am I correct in saying that beacon mode will be able to use those GPS coordinates?
    Yes, that's exactly the case. You'll want to hook up the serial cable as shown a couple pages back. It works well!
    -Matt: destroyer of gimbals, wrecker of frames.

My YT Channel --> youtube.com/user/mdbardeen
    Blog --> fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?38190-Vuela-Chile-Vuela!-The-ramblings-of-an-American-in-Chile

Navigator
    Could someone be so kind to list up once again which settings in Mission Planner are needed to get RC over Mavlink?
    Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by nilfisch; 1st July 2016 at 08:08 AM.

just subbed this thread i was wondering if you need a HAM license to use this? I'm in US pretty sure you do just curious? Thanks sorry i haven't done any research on it

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Soldier View Post
    just subbed this thread i was wondering if you need a HAM license to use this? I'm in US pretty sure you do just curious? Thanks sorry i haven't done any research on it
    you do not need a HAM license to operate the Crossfire in the US

Hi! I'm rebuilding my Disco Pro from Naza and x8r to Pixhack and XFire now. I'm at the step of testing all the equipment on the bench before installing it to the frame. Figured out one possible issue with PPM over MAVLink (PixHaw(c)k issue, not XFire):
    If I just pull the MAVLink cable out of Pixhack RADIO slot, it remembers all the channel values and don't even bother switching to failsafe, this behaviour is the same with and without MAVLink over USB. In case of PPM over XFire CH1- PixHack RC IN it switches to failsafe and show "RC not connected" on the MissionPlanner HUD.

It might be more safe NOT to use PPM over MAVLink, otherwise in case of broken wire or sudden death of XFire mid-air your aircraft won't go into failsafe mode.

P.S Tested with ArduCopter 3.3 and XFire 1.34

WTF ok then i'm really gonna consider this , gotta do my home work start getting ready to install on my birds

Is there a way to use the BST port in the microreceiver to bridge serial telemetry? I see it mentioned for the diversity receiver, but not the micro..

Blog --> fpvlab.com/forums/showthread.php?38190-Vuela-Chile-Vuela!-The-ramblings-of-an-American-in-Chile

Team BlackSheep
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyon View Post
    1. No recording, sorry. next time I experiment with it I will try to remember to take a quick video. Flying in rural Idaho, though, so I would assume a relatively low noise environment compared to many locations. Never know what sort of RF those lentil fields give off though There is a home nearby so anything is possible. I'll test in the boonies with my cellphone turned off someday. It's not that hard for me to get out of cell service around here. I live right above the middle of nowhere (see map)

2. That makes sense, thanks.

Attachment 73382
    Shouldn't ramp around there. Make sure your TX antenna polarization is properly. Ground recording with link values inside core pro OSD would be great. Not sure if you have one tho.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsy View Post
    I had my custom Hexicopter fall out of the sky from about 50 meters away using the Diversity RX with a nice SONY camera on it :-(
    It was a failsafe as I had video all the way down, the motors just stopped.
    Put in a micro one and have turned off dynamic power, so far so good.
    I did have the Diversity powered from one of the ESC's.
    The Micro one is powered directly from the REVO FC, it cannot power the Diversity by itself.
    Running 1.09
    Maybe run a range test on 10mW first before you fly again and check your failsafe settings.

Quote Originally Posted by nilfisch View Post
    Could someone be so kind to list up once again which settings in Mission Planner are needed to get RC over Mavlink?
    Thank you in advance!
    Check the tbs blackbox manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Chile Vuela View Post
    Is there a way to use the BST port in the microreceiver to bridge serial telemetry? I see it mentioned for the diversity receiver, but not the micro..
    No it's not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Perna View Post
    No it's not possible.
    Damn. Because that'd be killer. Not having to whip out the USB cable to change settings on a Naze32-type board would save so much time tuning. Is it a hardware limitation or software? Would something like a I2C to serial converter board help? Something like this? https://www.amazon.com/Breakout-Boar.../dp/B00RTJL7TI
    Last edited by Chile Vuela; 2nd July 2016 at 07:02 AM.