Page 480 of 489 FirstFirst ... 380430470478479480481482 ... LastLast
Results 4,791 to 4,800 of 4881

Thread: TBS CROSSFIRE - Next Generation Long Range R/C System

Forum Member
    From the manual "TX with Bluetooth or wifi module required".

Has the bluetooth module been replaced in the newer full crossfire transmitters?

Forum Member
    Does the crossfire output the telemetry tx/rx in the expansion port?
    So one could 433 or wifi telemetry radios to forward mavlink data directly?
    Instead of frist having to go through a bluetooth bridge.
    @Perna

Forum Member
    I'm wondering something similar.. Is there any way to get the telemetry out of the transmitter w/out bluetooth? Can we pass it through the USB cable?
    I use 2.4 for video, and don't want any other 2.4 transmitters running.

Forum Member
    Am I screwed if the micro receiver (v1) blinks quickly green after a update? I did the same with a V2 and that works great but this V1 I can't bind or do anything with after I tried updating it..

Forum Member
    Does anyone log their transmitter telemetry?
    I updated to 2.33, and now the logs show me in RF mode 1 most of the time. Before I updated, I was almost always in rf mode 2.
    But, it's been months since I last logged a flight w/ the non beta firmware, so I don't know if maybe some other issue is affecting my signal.

I'm basically just wondering if it's normal that the 2.33 beta version seems to go down to rfmode 1 more often than the non beta firmware.

Forum Member
    I'll answer my own question.. Yes, 2.33 stays in RF Mode 1 more often.

I downgraded to 2.24. shut everything down. Went outside and powered back up. Flew about 50 meters away and started to get RSSI warnings. By 100 meters I lost connection and the copter fell from the sky! WTF? It wasn't stuck at 10mw or anything. My logs show it switching to 2 watts.
    I retrieved my copter. Shut it and my transmitter down. Turned them back on and flew a couple times, and it seems OK now.
    Does not give me confidence in my gear!!

Forum Member
    Sometimes changing firmware causes Tx to revert to 868MHz, may wanna confirm it's on the right freq.

Forum Member
    It was correct.. I changed absolutely nothing between the bad flight, and the next one.

I reset my parameters (factory reset) this morning, and that did indeed put me back to 868, but I noticed before I took off.
    No problems w/ this mornings flight, either, so I guess I'm OK. My range is horrible compared to what other people w/ xfire talk about, but it always has been and I think it's my area.. I'm in a radio noisy suburban environment. It's better than my 2.4 frsky gear, but I only get about 500-700 meters before I failsafe. Frsky was 1/2 that.

Thanks for the reply, though.

Forum Member
    Something is wrong, I fly from a college field saturated in RF noise, with mountain top antenna forests all around. Every house has a 900MHz transmitter on the elec meter. There are military installations all over the general area. My limiting factor has always been video or battery, not Crossfire; I routinely get flights of 5 to 8 miles. I'm using micro v1 and v2 receivers with stock dipole antennas, main wire held vertical in plastic tube, ground plane wire dangling in the breeze, and stock T antenna on transmitter.

I use dynamic power also, usually set to 500mW or 1W max. The only time it hits the high setting is if I start getting in a terrain shadow, or get my meaty bits between plane and Xfire. I don't log anything, this is based on the slight speaker noise in my Taranis when Xfire power ramps up . . . great way to know what's happening without having to see while under the hood.

Forum Member
    What version of the firmware are you running?

This is what a flight around about a 200 meter area looks like for me..
    It's constantly switching to full power. My LQ readout in my goggles constantly bounces between 99 and about 70.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xfpwr.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	139.8 KB 
ID:	78709