Page 488 of 489 FirstFirst ... 388438478486487488489 LastLast
Results 4,871 to 4,880 of 4881

Thread: TBS CROSSFIRE - Next Generation Long Range R/C System

Forum Member
    I'm fairly new to the tbs crossfire ....have it setup in my new dji digital fpv quad. I'm not clear on the setup of the radio, I have nano rec. I just turned off the dynamic power....Is that correct what I should do? Also it was set to 100 mv power....I turned it up to 500 mv, what is the best setup for power? I looking to fly about 2 miles with this setup. Any help would be appreciated....like to maiden quad tomorrow

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerx View Post
    How warm is the crossfire supposed to get? i left mien running at 500mw indoors for a radio battery test, but after 35 minutes the heat sinks were so hot that you yank your fingers away from them if you touch them.
    Did find anything out about the hot Crossfire nano ? My nano RX is getting hot as soon as I plug it in . I have an antenna on and the polarity is correct on the solder pads . I can't figure out why . I'm thinking it might be the actual antenna connector on the nano itself . I'm waiting for a response from GetFpv and TeamBlacksheep.

Forum Member

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky0915 View Post
    Did find anything out about the hot Crossfire nano ? My nano RX is getting hot as soon as I plug it in . I have an antenna on and the polarity is correct on the solder pads . I can't figure out why . I'm thinking it might be the actual antenna connector on the nano itself . I'm waiting for a response from GetFpv and TeamBlacksheep.
    It was all my bad . I had the negative lannded on the SBUS pad on my Omnibus Fc . It works fine now .

Forum Member
    i have new firmeware 3.24 and use extern Lipo on XT30, but when i connect with Lipo i get warning Power too high, when i use more than 500mW. What is the issue?
    They runing with 1 or 2W, but if i set that comes the warning.
    My Horus is connected with Signal and GND(TX input) to CF.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSky View Post
    i have new firmeware 3.24 and use extern Lipo on XT30, but when i connect with Lipo i get warning Power too high, when i use more than 500mW. What is the issue? They runing with 1 or 2W, but if i set that comes the warning. My Horus is connected with Signal and GND(TX input) to CF.
    I think what you are seeing is a warning that the transmitter is to close to the receiver. It does that at high power settings. This is a warning that you could burn up the receiver because the signal from the TX is too powerful at this distance. Just keep them a bit apart and you should not see that warning.

Forum Member
    on Picture: between TX and RX about 10m, that is not enough? I thing that is other problem
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YIAC0969a.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	354.1 KB 
ID:	79166Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG2247.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	142.6 KB 
ID:	79167
    Last edited by RedSky; 22nd January 2020 at 12:45 PM.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSky View Post
    on Picture: between TX and RX about 10m, that is not enough?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YIAC0969a.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	354.1 KB 
ID:	79166
    Let's make sure we are talking about the same thing. Are you talking about the circular LED on the Crossfire TX that turns red and the Crossfire TX OLED display says something about high power warning? (I forget the exact wording). When I have seen that warning on the bench here, moving the two apart by just a meter or a bit more cleared it up. That was at 500mw tho, running off the TX internal batteries. If you are hitting 1 watt on the TX (congrats on that!) I'm not sure what the distance should be. One way to mitigate that is to run in dynamic power mode. At that 10m distance the TX should be way low somewhere around 10mw or so.

Forum Member
    i thing i have a problem with Dyn Power on. or Problem with CF.
    with Dyn Power on and max 2W and distants at max 1.14 Km the min RSSI will be at 34.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture_003_22012020_223403.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	339.2 KB 
ID:	79173

at 900m RSSI 42
    at 900m with Dyn Power of and 500mW RSSI 76
    so is that a problem from Firmeware or from Hardware?

Forum Member
    With 2 watts and good antennas, you should be able to go line of sight 50km or beyond easily - probably beyond what the video system can do. On the Crossfire TX OLED it will tell you what the current power is - if Im trying to figure out a power problem I find it easier to get a friend to look at what the Crossfire OLED is reading while I fly the copter / plane. One thing to check is if RSSI is being calculated correctly. There are a lot of different ways to get RSSI to the flight controller. It's just going to depend on the flight controller you are using. You have to set it up in Betaflight and in the Crossfire RX. For some flight controllers like the Brain Radix - you do not enable RSSI in betaflight or in the RX. Each one is different - what flight controller are you using? For the Crossfire there are two reception measurements, RSSI and Link Quality. RSSI goes between 0-100 and LQ goes between 0-300 (and then scales to 0-100 depending on the bandwidth the TX has switched to). Try re-reading the section in the Crossfire manual "Setting up radio for CRSF" and see if you see anything in there that looks out of place. Also look around page 23 - "Status Display" - that goes into detail about RSSI / LQ / and the noise floor. You can get a tremendous amount of info from the Crossfire TX OLED.