Page 478 of 489 FirstFirst ... 378428468476477478479480488 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,780 of 4881

Thread: TBS CROSSFIRE - Next Generation Long Range R/C System

Forum Member
    I am just trying to be sure it's all working and I'm not going to lose my copter! This micro copter doesn't have RTL, which is kind of scary when I'm flying far away.
    Have you ever logged your xfire telemetry? I'm wondering if your dynamic power is the same..
    Mine jumps to the highest output power I have allowed, then back down to the lowest. then repeat. So, it constantly jumps between 10mw and 500 or 2000 (depending on if I have ext bat), then 10, then 500, 10, 500. Every few seconds. It never settles on a middle power range. So, that's why my LQ and RSSI was jumping from 99 to 60 to 99 to 60 every few seconds. I'm not at home or else I'd post a graph of it.
    It's totally fine if that's how it's supposed to work. Then I'll just stop worrying about it. I flew way past my 2.4ghz limit yesterday, and am happy w/ the xfire

Forum Member
    I've never looked in-depth at what dynamic power does in logs. But, my strong impression is that if you are flying obstacles and trees close-in your power will actually be more variable than it would be flying at range in a more consistent distance and attitude. When local obstacles are constantly changing and your antenna is flipping orientations that is workout for the dynamic power algorithm. If you're just flying at range in a wing or something, and your distance is staying fairly consistent from an inverse-square law point of view, and your antenna stays upright, the situation isn't changing as fast and the dynamic power is likely to stay more consistent.

But that's just an impression, not a definitive statement.

Forum Member

Superstitious tip: Restart everything after a firmware upgrade

I had a bad experience yesterday when I flew Crossfire after upgrading a diversity receiver in the field to V2.25 from a Crossfire TX (full, not micro). I did NOT restart the module by power cycling, I just got a green link and flew.

I was flying ok but my range was mysteriously limited and I failsafed at under half a mile or mile - this is with perfect LOS to the craft and a good rural RF environment. I had not bothered to attach an external battery to the XT30 connector, and I was running on dynamic power up to 2 watts. When I checked the TX power level, it was 10 mw, consistently. Landing was super dicey since I had to fly behind a building somewhat and my control was erratic - I assume the "self-healing" algorithm was smoothing things out a bit but it was still tough going.

Once on the ground, we immediately did a driving range test where I drove the model away and kept the radio with my friend who told me the power level as I went. It never got above 10 mw and I failsafed quickly.

Totally puzzled, I drove it back, then power cycled everything - radio, plane, etc. I changed NO settings.

Then I drove the same exact test, and now dynamic power kicked in and I was up to the max of 500 mw before the anticipated failsafe when I drove over a hill.

So: When doing an upgrade of your TX & RX, power cycle both TX and RX before flying again. TBS, does this ring any bells? Is this a bug?

Forum Member
    Anytime I upgrade firmware I cycle Tx and Rx.

It seems to be a Tx problem where it gets stuck, I have reproduced I by doing:

1, upgrade FW.
    2, once complete turn off Rx, Tx stays fixed at one power, mine stuck at 10mw.
    3, power on Rx things re-link.
    4, power off both Tx and Rx, turn both back on and it starts working as expected.

I know TBS are aware of this as one of the guys near me lost connection and had to do a walk of shame.

Maybe if Perna or Trappy are looking they could chime in?

Steve.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    W7STE

Forum Member
    Steveno, thanks for your reply. Glad to know I'm not alone (or crazy).

I've put up a support ticket on Freshdesk (#738421 if TBS staff is reading this). So far I'm just being asked Level 1 support type questions like how my antennae are placed, which isn't relevant to this failure since I should have had a power level increase no matter how they were oriented.

Forum Member
    Hi !

I am in the market for a new LRS system, currently running and old TSLRS.

One of the requirements is full Mavlink telemetry capabilities as I am using Ardupilot and Missionplanner. I saw some conflicting statements if the Crossfire is supporting this fully.

For instance, is it possible to upload missions and change parameters via the Crossfire telemetry ?

What is the range which can be expected from a micro receiver with decent antenna ?

Thanks for the help

Ro

Navigator
    Can anyone tell me, or direct me to a post that will tell me, if the Crossfire on 915 Mhz is legal in Australia? Either with or without other permits/licences? If with, what are the requirements?

Forum Member
    V2.32 2018-05-18
    - fixed: TX stuck on 10mW after OTA firmware update until the next power cycle
    - fixed: Minor bug fixes and improvements

Thanks TBS!

Forum Member
    @trappy @perna

Anyway to use a hotas stick or racing wheel with the crossfire? Basically game controller->laptop->crossfire over usb

One could technically do it by outputting cppm from the laptop, but that's sloooow compared to crfs or sbus.

Forum Member
    man that would be a cool way to fly FPV rite there^^
    flyin HIGH