www.immersionrc.com

Thread: Strange issue with ESC's

Navigator

Strange issue with ESC's

Last week while flying battery #7 for the afternoon, the #3 motor on my vortex suddenly lost power after a flip and the aircraft dropped like a rock. I packed up and went home then tried flying it again yesterday. Soon as I gave it throttle I noticed the motors weren't spinning up at the same speed. Unplugged and came home... Connected to cleanflight and went straight to the motor tab. Motors dont spin up the same when I move the throttle stick and motor 3 slowly gains more rpms even with the stick at 1/4 throttle, but if I use the slider in cleanflight they all spin up at the same RPM. Iím running Cobra 1960ís on Lumenier 1300mah 4s 60c with UmmaGawdís precision tune. Just went thru the setup again.. reconnected to cleanflight, clicked motor stop... went outside to test... it lifted off and hovered great, soon as I gave it quick fast throttle motor 3 lost power and it dropped. My retailer is useless and I refuse to do business with them again otherwise I would have gone to them. Iíve posted a thread in the immersionrc vortex owners group on facebook and havenít gotten anywhere. Iím really hoping someone will be able to help me with this!!

Thanks!

Forum Member
    did the vortex come with the cobra motors?

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by RonSII View Post
    did the vortex come with the cobra motors?

No. I wasn't aware any vortex came with Cobra motors.

Forum Member
    just checking... I would recheck your soldering because it sounds like a questionable solder joint to the esc... or just a esc going bad maybe, could be other things but I would start there.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by RonSII View Post
    just checking... I would recheck your soldering because it sounds like a questionable solder joint to the esc... or just a esc going bad maybe, could be other things but I would start there.
    Solder joints are nice n solid. I didn't touch the joints from the esc to the PDB. I spliced the motor wires together. Just tried a new rx, still the same thing... it hovers great but under quick burp of the throttle it drops.
    Last edited by Swampfrog; 19th July 2015 at 01:01 PM.

Forum Member
    having the same issue right out of the box haven't still been able to fly it yet, any solution to that issue that can be corrected in clean flight
    set up as per posts in here throw it on clean flight and arm and see that my motor 3 goes crazy high as the others drop back to idel. All my s ettings are to whats been told with the end points showing 1000-2000 via changing in travel adjust via on My TX
    I do notice jitter on ROLL/Yaw/
    read about setting in CLI a dead band setting
    MY TX goes through the wizard perfectly, it does what it needs to as in getting into the OSD set up.
    Im wondering if anyone could give me if this will fix it there pids settings because was told it could be one of the OSD profiles causing this issue. because of the RX im using which for now using an orange R615X rx.
    Any help would be greatly appriciated as I'd like to be able to start and get my feet wet in getting familiar flying this vortex of mine

https://youtu.be/X-QqR1at4Nw
    is a quick vid on clean flight of my symptom
    Last edited by quadnewbie; 22nd July 2015 at 09:29 PM.