Thread: Does "In Stock" mean "In Stock"? Nope!

Unhappy Does "In Stock" mean "In Stock"? Nope!

Has anyone else had this type of experience with GetFPV orders/shipping? Here's the story...

I've been following the Vortex (Zeeflyboy's ZM-Q) for awhile and finally saw that GetFPV had their version "in stock" a few days ago. I couldn't resist any longer and ended up placing an order in hopes of some fast proximity flying this coming weekend. Everything went well with the order process... ordered Vortex, lots of props, 5 batteries, Frsky receiver - all "in stock" items (as of Sunday afternoon).

After order was placed, being curious how many they had left, I added 10 Vortex(s) to my cart. Once in my cart it indicated that 2 of the 10 would be back-ordered. I might not be best at math, but to me it would seem they had 8 more at that point. Monday morning comes around and I check and see they are now out of stock -- Whew, got mine ordered just in time!!

Later Monday my order changes to "Processing"... good news, can't wait!! Tuesday... still "Processing". Today (Wednesday)... still "Processing". Come to fine out after I reached out to them the Vortex I paid for is "on back-order"!? I've had several other orders with GetFPV and ReadymadeRC and never had this type of issue. We all know how long a wait can be for pre-orders or back orders. It's already bringing back memories of the DomHD wait (which I ordered from GetFPV).

I have a feeling that orders in warehouse weren't filled in the order they were received or something else fishy is going on here. Most likely some lucky person that had one "back-ordered" had mine shipped to them in error. Good for them, not for me. Thanks GetFPV! I have asked them what happened since all were "in stock".. no response to that question. They did give me options. They can ship the rest of my order (props, receiver, batteries -- all for Vortex) now and wait for back-ordered item, cancel my order, or can wait and get everything at once in a couple weeks or so when they hope to have more. Wow! How does that help make this better? I couldn't even get a "we screwed up" or an explanation.

We all have frustrating times in this hobby I know... but really!?? Hopefully others can learn from this and not to get too excited when ordering "in stock" items through GetFPV. Apparently it's not available until it's shipped and you have tracking info. I think ReadymadeRC's inventory system, warehouse, and shipping is a step ahead at this point. I'm hoping someone from GetFPV will step up, research what happened here, and help resolve this and stop giving me the scripted response. Maybe even fix process so this doesn't happen to others in the future?

My wait for the Vortex which almost ended, continues...

B

Hi Brandon,

First of all, thanks for the order. Secondly I'll be happy to clear things up a bit for you.

We had a very large shipment of Vortex's come in not long ago, and they have been very popular and sold out quickly as you have seen. Our system is generally very good with the way it handles stock, and almost always, if the website says it is in stock, then that means it is on the shelf and ready to ship. The exception would be when there is a stocking error along the way. In your case specifically it sounds like what happened was there were a few Vortexes in stock when you checked out, however when the order went to be fulfilled, it was found that the stock the system was expecting was not available. It was not a case of shipping them out in the wrong order, as we always ship in the sequence the orders were placed, rather just the unfortunate case of a stocking error, and I'm sorry that it has affected you this way.

It sounds like you already spoke to the customer service team, and they offered to ship you everything else in the order that is available, which would mean we cover the shipping cost twice for you since you already chose free shipping. If we had a Vortex to send your way, we'd love to ship it out to you. If you'd like, we're happy to refund you the full amount and cancel the order if you are unable to wait for it to arrive. We have had an order placed with ImmersionRC for a while now, and just waiting on it to ship now.

How far off was the stock from what system said? It appeared there were 8 left after my order. So there are quite a few others in the same boat? Was I going to be notified of this error at some point once it was realized on Monday? When was the last vortex actually sold? From what I could tell it was late Sunday evening hours after my order. Thanks for your help,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon46260 View Post
    How far off was the stock from what system said? It appeared there were 8 left after my order. So there are quite a few others in the same boat? Was I going to be notified of this error at some point once it was realized on Monday? When was the last vortex actually sold? From what I could tell it was late Sunday evening hours after my order. Thanks for your help,

Brandon
    Yes, we've been reaching out to customers who it affected, but it looks like you had contacted us before that happened. The stock you saw when you tried to check out doesn't account for others who may have it in their cart at the same time, since the system doesn't fully reserve it until time of purchase. The Vortex is available for backorder, so orders have been coming in every day, without current stock as well, so I don't have a "last order" date. In terms of last shipped, it would have been right around the time you purchased yours originally. When I get into the office, I'll see if there is anything more than can be done, sorry again!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_GetFPV View Post
    Yes, we've been reaching out to customers who it affected, but it looks like you had contacted us before that happened. The stock you saw when you tried to check out doesn't account for others who may have it in their cart at the same time, since the system doesn't fully reserve it until time of purchase. The Vortex is available for backorder, so orders have been coming in every day, without current stock as well, so I don't have a "last order" date. In terms of last shipped, it would have been right around the time you purchased yours originally. When I get into the office, I'll see if there is anything more than can be done, sorry again!
    Okay, sounds good. Can't really ask for more than that. Let me know if you need any more info from me. Thanks!

"I know nothing! Nothing! Sgt. Schultz's Avatar
    Thanks for heads up on checking inventory, even though it seems flawed. Wish it showed up like other vendors or not let you order if not in-stock.
    "I know nothing–NOTHING!