Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 72

Thread: New 700TVL CMOS?

  1. #1
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,086

    New 700TVL CMOS?

    So I just noticed a couple of online shops selling a 700 TVL CMOS Fatshark cam, this is different from the older 700 it looks just like the 600 but says 700 on it, did this just come out?

  2. #2
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Yamba nsw...Australia
    Posts
    5,611
    yes its new , and going to replace the 600tvl cmos
    Australia post: "delivering packages the day after you need them since 1809"

    "Light travels faster than sound -- thats why some people appear bright until you hear them speak" - Albert Einstein.

  3. #3
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    27
    I got the cam instead of a 700 CCD from the retailer and gave it now back after a quick test.

    The image wasn't so colourful and not so sharp like the 600 TVL. But I noticed, that it was able to switch more quickly between different lighting conditions.

  4. #4
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Shenzhen, China
    Posts
    2,404
    Quote Originally Posted by FloBau View Post
    I got the cam instead of a 700 CCD from the retailer and gave it now back after a quick test.

    The image wasn't so colourful and not so sharp like the 600 TVL. But I noticed, that it was able to switch more quickly between different lighting conditions.
    Yes, I'm in the process of figuring out how to deal with an issue on them. The NTSC (default) settings are overexposed. Seems we did the majority of flgiht testing in PAL mode and the NTSC exposure differences didn't show up indoors. We're optimizing new f/w now for the camera to improve the NTSC. For now, remove the jumper and fly in PAL mode and you'll love the colors.
    FatShark - RC vision systems - [url]www.fatshark.com[/url]

  5. #5
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    27
    I gave it back tomorrow morning, but I ordered a 900 TVL now.

    I will still, use the 600 TVL on my plane, I just needed a better cam for my copter as the switching of colours in different lighting conditions was a pain in the ass.

  6. #6
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by FatShark View Post
    Yes, I'm in the process of figuring out how to deal with an issue on them. The NTSC (default) settings are overexposed. Seems we did the majority of flgiht testing in PAL mode and the NTSC exposure differences didn't show up indoors. We're optimizing new f/w now for the camera to improve the NTSC. For now, remove the jumper and fly in PAL mode and you'll love the colors.
    Is the firmware of the 700 TVL camera something we can easily update ourselves once NTSC settings are optimized?

  7. #7
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,086
    Quote Originally Posted by FatShark View Post
    Yes, I'm in the process of figuring out how to deal with an issue on them. The NTSC (default) settings are overexposed. Seems we did the majority of flgiht testing in PAL mode and the NTSC exposure differences didn't show up indoors. We're optimizing new f/w now for the camera to improve the NTSC. For now, remove the jumper and fly in PAL mode and you'll love the colors.
    Ouch I just got one too but I didn't know this. So remove the jumper is that going to affect anything else? Do I need to make any changes to my other gear to use it in PAL? And also like the other gent said it this something we can update ?

  8. #8
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Shenzhen, China
    Posts
    2,404
    Quote Originally Posted by lookoutbelow View Post
    Ouch I just got one too but I didn't know this. So remove the jumper is that going to affect anything else? Do I need to make any changes to my other gear to use it in PAL? And also like the other gent said it this something we can update ?
    Remove the jumper and repower. The rest of your gear should be auto NTSC/PAL selecting.
    Updating requires a programmer, we'll run an exchange program if customers really need the NTSC mode (most people run PAL due to the higher line count).
    FatShark - RC vision systems - [url]www.fatshark.com[/url]

  9. #9
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by FatShark View Post
    Remove the jumper and repower. The rest of your gear should be auto NTSC/PAL selecting.
    Updating requires a programmer, we'll run an exchange program if customers really need the NTSC mode (most people run PAL due to the higher line count).
    Thanks for the info. I think quite a few here in the US use NTSC. With the 700 TVL being included on the Vortex (racing mini) maybe the slightly faster frame rate is preferred? I haven't tried it both ways yet to see if difference is noticeable. All my other FPV cams are NTSC and I've loaded the NTSC firmware on my V2s so order that things are powered up (vtx vs goggles) doesn't make a difference. I thought before there were issues that if goggles were powered up before vtx there were display issues if you were using NTSC? Maybe I'm confused about that. Will you let us know once exchange program begins, or should we email support to start a ticket?

  10. #10
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    80
    Bump

    Have the 700tvl camera settings been corrected? Any word for those of us who have camera with bad NTSC settings?

Similar Threads

  1. Fatshark 700tvl
    By skyjet in forum Fat Shark R/C Vision Systems
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 16th June 2015, 09:23 PM
  2. 700TVL ccd pilot cam
    By billyd in forum Fatshark Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14th January 2015, 10:48 AM
  3. Camera recommendation: Fatshark 700TVL vs Foxtech vs 420L CMOS ?
    By featherodd in forum Flight Camera Talk
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 25th May 2014, 12:58 PM
  4. 6s on rmrc-700tvl
    By Hockeystud87 in forum ReadyMadeRC
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27th April 2013, 04:44 PM
  5. New cam 700TVL from Hobbyking
    By FPVflyer in forum IFR - Video Link Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 15th July 2012, 02:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •