Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lumenier 12 amp ESC w/ SimonK AutoShot (2-4s N-FET)

Navigator
    Crack head on too much coffee LOL. I know how you feel man I had the same problem. Yea it sucks that these escs aren't setup and ready to go but they are still working great on my quad right now! I think the main thing to do is change your pid controller and then your looptime in cli. First set your pid controller to 1 and start with the default settings on that controller. Then go to the cli section in cleanflight and type set looptime = 1200 then hit enter then type save then hit enter again. Now start to tune your pids accordingly. I've attached my latest PIDs for a 4s battery on a windy day. Ignore the rates those are off. These might get you started in the right direction, tune from there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-10-26-13-14-33.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	67461
    Last edited by WellCrafted; 26th October 2015 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Added Image

Navigator
    I have always used 3. 1 feels different, less forgiving. That worked though for the flight issues. But the chirping still happens when I land sometimes. It's good there is a solution & someone to take the time to explain it. Thank you.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Guda View Post
    I have always used 3. 1 feels different, less forgiving. That worked though for the flight issues. But the chirping still happens when I land sometimes. It's good there is a solution & someone to take the time to explain it. Thank you.
    You're very welcome! I'm glad to help anyone with these issues since Lumenier/getfpv aren't very helpful in getting it up and running without prying their teeth. I spent count less hours trying to figure out these ESCs and the only help getfpv would give me was to watch a youtube video on PID tuning that I've already seen LOL. It definitely feels different on PID 1( I used PID 3 before too). I not too happy about using this controller either but it seems to be the only one that works with these escs. I'm not really sure what you mean by the chirping sound. Is it coming from the flight controller or motors? Maybe you can post a video to show what it is.

Navigator
    Funny thing it I thought you worked for them.... GIVE THIS GUY A FREE SOMETHING GETFPV!!!

Lumenier/getfpv aren't very helpful in getting it up and running without prying their teeth
    An attitude that you should be known whats up, but production levels to supply 100x more components than there is the "be known" level of builder using these components.... But hey at least their not junk right. Just a pain in the ass.

It's the whole "open source" aspect to this community that makes it what it is. And it is pretty freaking awesome.

I'm not really sure what you mean by the chirping sound
    I am almost positive its a sound the ESCs is making the motors make. Kinda like the chime that ESC make right when they fire up. But more of a chirp. Does not seam to be affecting anything. But its not cool to have strange noises coming out of a brand new unit. Just happens when it lands or when I throttle it up & then throttle it all the way down with the props off.

Like there is just a little bit of juice leaking through when there should be none.

Navigator
    I just finished the 2nd one of these I have & it's making the same "chirping" sound. Happens when landing & throttling all the way down. How would it work to set it so 0 throttle comes sooner?