FPVLAB

Thread: T-BUB - Twin boom utility basher

T-BUB - Twin boom utility basher

I do alot more thinking than I do flying. This idea was actually born from when I was working on my Summit and had an idea of instead of a body just having two rails as the platform so anything could be mounted anywhere. Kind of like the DSLR video mounting systems for follow focus's and stuff.

That thought eventually leaked over into an airplane. After seeing a bunch of people flying banshees and always being super impressed with EPP deltas I kinda came to the conclusion that I need to build my own EPP plane.

So this is just a mock up I did the other night. I know it's not going to fly (lol look at the tail). When it comes down to it I'm probably going to borrow proven surface dimensions from another platform and just give it a twin tail boom and custom fuse. I've been looking at things with symmetrical airfoils. I want something that's pretty nimble but also able to carry a payload. I've thought about extending the booms beyond the nose for front mounting. 3d printed crush zones??

The twin pusher thing was just something I came up with playing with a rail mount. Might be cool, but might be way too heavy. Based on 8" props.
    Last edited by ease; 27th June 2015 at 08:56 AM.
    NEFPV

rsvd
    NEFPV