FPVLAB

Thread: noobie Checking in aka springer454 read-read-read 2-3 wks. then ask. politely

Navigator

Smile noobie Checking in aka springer454 read-read-read 2-3 wks. then ask. politely

Hello all Thanks in advance to those that take the time to read my intro. Seems I have too been bit by the LR fpv bug starting with all Immersion duo , diversity ,antenna tracker homemade headset gopro 4s, and a simple copter tri as a platform also osd rssi rth (Brain) power meter duo diversity v4. Flying legal with spotter so far and attempting to find first LOST tri w-New GP 4 silver, two wks. new and still using the kk2 for a flight stabilizer. Also many xcell gassers with the Jewel charging system aboard. any how HELLO ALL PILOT'S I'm in central FL 34453 and just ordered a couple sma x rp, sma to get the 7.2" The recommended spread (IBcrazy) using a 5 turn helical & a rhcp clover to put atop the aat. 600mw TX and I know I just have to try one of these new Brain Flight control boards (hopefully do not regret it but I also use a tracker the dog collar type MARCO POLO \. I ALSO DISCONTINUED MY SMART PHONE AS THE IMMERSION OSD PRO,/with the BRAIN Flight control SHOULD KEEP THE GPS CORDS. UNTILL I CAN RECOVER. craft that is lol......might get lucky & switch the rth on & it'll work.
    any questions please ask as that's power (KNOWLEDGE) I have heard such a thing.
    Thanks'
    Don H
    one question the Immersion power meter would any body use it or loose it? money in the bank. or on he beach? Can't really tune with it more or less read the readings write them down & try to help others. Seems like the most helpful part of it as my oscilloscope, TEKTRONICS 7854 & using a EXACT, MODEL 507 LIN/LOG SWEEP FUNCTION GENERATOR WITH A ATTENUATOR10-30dB & lin if I can remember how to use the multiplier and lower it into the MHz range needed and not ( 20K-5M) I'll need to do the tests on a hot and unforgiving day might get close with a little help from a few of the elec. engineers hanging out

Whoa! Almost too many things being said all at once! LOL, but I think I deciphered the majority of what you said. As for the 'flying legal with spotter' comment, we don't care! Fly how you feel like. There are no laws that state you have to fly with a spotter, since none of the FAA regulations have made it to law just yet. This is an only AMA requirement when you fly on AMA sanctioned fields.

So you lost your tricopter, despite using a spotter? That sucks. You need to fire your spotter, cuz they're not doing their job. Also, you have OSD, RSSI, with RTH using the Brain flight controller, but you're still using a KK2 for flight stability? That part has me confused.

As for the power meter, you don't need it. That's something that might help if you intend on building your own antennas or if you're really serious about testing your equipment. Honestly, just get a good set of antennas and quality vTx/vRx, and get out there and fly. If you use the Brain flight controller, make sure you setup RTH and test it. If it's working properly, you'll never lose another craft again, unless a motor, ESC, or battery fails on you.

If you had any other specific questions in your post, please separate your sentences and thoughts a little better for us and we'll be able to answer whatever inquiries you may have.

Welcome to the Lab!!!
    I will be OUTSIDE, so if anyone looks for me, I will be OUTSTANDING!!!!

Navigator
    Thanks for the un-jumbled reply I have always thought fasster than I could type so you understand A.D.D. + BIPOLAR, & chronic insomnia. COMBINED WITH ZANEX for the anxiety also the Morphine, for the crushed L1.MC ACCIDENT.

Sometimes I wonder if I was meant to fist fight myself (using a mirror is cheating) :-) Thanks for the Wake -up call.

I got it a little backwards cancel out the kk2 & replace with Vector eagle eyes and the aat box for my GStation. with a Immersion duo diversity pro & the RMRC AAT PLUS THE immersion AT pro lcd incorporated, not external, also I just up datred the ezuhf modual & the ezuhf 8 ch lite tx both have the same 1.5 FW whoopee!!! now all I have to do is decide to put what on what 3 tricopters dumping the kk2 boards as of no rth or rssi. so their is much better choices. I have been making I think?....

Sometimes I think is all this really nessiary? well after the first tri & GP-4 silver lost Heck I even bought a Marco Polo. And you know what it works pretty good unless you craft comes dowm close to a road and somebody from 100 miles away is the lucky new owner then the gps even wont help unless its powered on and has uhf LR gps tracker And if the finder has a vrain just take the gps off anf it's all theirs. so all I have to do is finish reading this 91 page manual VECTOR FC. What a nice piece when it gets 9 sats. and you're ready the cal. the compass and set home,

well that;s pretty much where I am at waiting on the diamond 771 antenna and the I telemetry & the IBcrazy antenna the little square box & another day or two of reading. boy oh boy also must get the ham licens. I never thought I would need paperwork to enjoy pork products..............so once I get the tx to bind to the rx uhf I'll be on my way to looseing a tri much

Navigator

uhf TX & RX Binding I have 1.5 fw on both now to get the radio setup

any body recommend a link to the easy way to physically bind a Immersion ezuhf 8ch lite TX to the Immersion ezuhf Spectrum module? Both have the stock antennas right now. waiting on the sander 771 diamond and a IBcrazy uhf little square box I forgot But it will be here with a Sony tripod without that pita removable SHOE. What junk found a Sony Tripod from the 50s 0r the sixty's brass compression fittings on the legs and a fixed camera mounting plate. Nice piece. 35$ free ship... will make great ground station. oh boy went to Wally world and left disgusted as usual. then the thrift shop same results. Back to getting the vector and the uhf tx & rx to shake hand's..........

flyem crashem rebuildem...

What's so hard about that? FINDING THEM!!!

Don

THANK'S FOR THE WARM WELCOME and not Flaming me with a thrower.

ImmersionRC Support Guru swillhide's Avatar
    Welcome!
    AMA # 1015480 HAM Callsign # Procrastinating..
    Futaba 9c w/Ezuhf /Skywalker 1880 or anything else that I can Lawn Dart.
    Retired: Disco(Sold), Skywalker 1900(Dirt Nap), Qav540g/Nazav2/Iosd mk2