Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The BONEYARD (buy/sell section) Is Now Private now private?

Navigator
    Think I can get 25 posts just in here alone?

Ernie

Navigator
    Whoo Hooooo.... 5 posts..

Ugh...

Ok' I'll stop post building and look at the other stuff on the forum. Everyone have a good day.

Ernie

Well whatever you do, don't contribute anywhere else on the forum!

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by MASHTON1138 View Post
    I agree with Alex. I would allow them to look at the Classifieds but not post a new thread for 30 days and I personally like the post minimum but think 25 may be a bit too high, maybe just 15.

I wonder do the posts in the classifieds count to total post count?

Marc
    On the Italian RC model forum it's that way: everyone can read, but write only after you have some messages.
    Remember that many visitor could be interested in buying things without necessarly having much to write

Navigator

???

Quote Originally Posted by Vitamin J View Post
    Well whatever you do, don't contribute anywhere else on the forum!
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by jalves View Post
    Sorry folks!

Couldn't avoid it
    Senseless posts will just be deleted - so you will get nowhere fast with this kind of effort. If you're TRULY interested in FPV and all that it encompasses - it's not hard to rack up 25 REAL posts.

Guys/girls - please do not populate the board with crap - crap at other places is why I created this one. Thanx everyone for supporting The Lab.
    "I Like Waffles" : FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter

Navigator
    Sorry Sentry,
    Still building a quadcopter and planning on using a gopro for video.. Still working on deciding which tx/rx system. Have been reading here on and off for a while. I don't post much because I am learning.

Thanks!
    Ernie

Quote Originally Posted by merengue View Post
    On the Italian RC model forum it's that way: everyone can read, but write only after you have some messages.
    Remember that many visitor could be interested in buying things without necessarly having much to write
    I think the overall goal here is that FPVLab is way more than just a classified ads forum. The buy/sell aspect is just one small part of the bigger picture, and I'd imagine the intent is to get people to communicate and share ideas rather than just looking for a place to hock their gear or scam the locals. I know that not everyone is a scammer, but unfortunately it only takes one shady deal to put people on edge.

I can see the logic behind complete restriction vs. read-only. Imagine you are a seller trying to sell something, and you get a PM from someone who just signed up and has 0 posts to his/her name. Would you feel comfortable selling to someone you know virtually nothing about? I realize sites like paypal have buyer protection, but how's their seller protection? If a reputable person sells something through paypal and the shady buyer immediately disputes payment through paypal after he's received the item, who will really win that argument?

Just playing devil's advocate here. 25 posts really isn't that hard to get, even without useless post-whoring.. If you haven't already, start an introduction thread in the pilot's lab. Introduce yourself, tell us a bit about your interests, and even check out the other threads. There's plenty of information here to contribute to a discussion or ask questions about things you may not understand.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure; than to take rank with those who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Navigator
    yes, ok, but i think seller protection starts when item is paid BEFORE shipping

anyway, i have more than 25 messages, but sell area is still private to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie34 View Post
    Sorry Sentry,
    Still building a quadcopter and planning on using a gopro for video.. Still working on deciding which tx/rx system. Have been reading here on and off for a while. I don't post much because I am learning.

Thanks!
    Ernie
    So head over to the ROTORCRAFT section and ask questions - it's not hard.
    "I Like Waffles" : FPVLab on Facebook and FPVLab on Twitter

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast