Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: A Graphics OSD for APM, Pixhawk

@tom:
    i too use LTM for mavlink telemetry downlink via av audio. if this osd's hardware could do what until now needs a separate pro mini and audio modem board, it would be just - BAAAAMMM!!!

cheers, basti.

I purchased micro APM "Mini APM2.72 Flight Controller" from banggood and PlayUAV OSD from goodluckbuy. I would like to connect it together, but PlayUAV OSD does not allow to connect to small connector of this micro APM. Could you tell me please where to buy or how to make and where to purchase components to be able to make a cable to be able to connect "Mini APM2.72 Flight Controller" with PlayUAV OSD, please?

http://www.banggood.com/Mini-APM2_72...-p-971676.html

It looks like Mini APM requires JST SH type of connectors, where to buy it, to be able to connect PlayUAV OSD to it, please?

Quote Originally Posted by lexterito View Post

And final question is about RSSI. I understand that
    PlayuavOSD take RSSI data from Pixhawk, but in case of EzUHF - which is my case - its useless. All we need to do is to read PWM value from some channel, which I will assign in EzUHF software.
    So basically - it would be nice if
    PlayuavOSD in RSSI section contain something like "RSSI input channel", min value should be 0 and max value at least 2000 which max PWM value for RSSI/Link quality for systems like EzUHF. Since as it is now - its impossible to read RSSI without some PWM to voltage converter - which extra money and extra weight for quad.
    Hi Lexterito,

I have tried adding minimosd code to PlayUAV OSD. I have not tested it yet since I don't have a RC that can output RSSI. Would you like to test it? Here is the download link which contains the firmware and CT.

http://www.playuav.com/download/Play...lease/RSSI.zip
    Last edited by Tom Ren; 26th August 2015 at 02:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vierfuffzig View Post
    @tom:
    i too use LTM for mavlink telemetry downlink via av audio. if this osd's hardware could do what until now needs a separate pro mini and audio modem board, it would be just - BAAAAMMM!!!

cheers, basti.
    Hi Basti,
    Video telemetry could be implemented with PlayUAV OSD. Andy is working on this. I will keep updating.

Quote Originally Posted by pavel4n View Post
    It looks like Mini APM requires JST SH type of connectors, where to buy it, to be able to connect PlayUAV OSD to it, please?
    Hi Pavel,

Hasn't BangGood provided the connector to Telem port? According to the link you gave, I attach a picture to show the connection between Mini APM and PlayUAV OSD.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MiniAPM POSD.png 
Views:	577 
Size:	417.9 KB 
ID:	65735

I don't have a Mini APM board. Does it use the same connector(4pins 1.0) as CC3D?

Name:	4pins10.png 
Views:	354 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	65736
    Last edited by Tom Ren; 26th August 2015 at 02:52 AM.

Hi Tom,

Thanks for giving schematic of the connection.

Banggood did not provide connector for Mini APM telemetry connection.

I do not have CC3D board, that it is why I can not easily tell if the connector is the same.

I suspect and believe, based on some research from Internet, that the connector type is JST 1.0 SH 4 pin. I need to confirm this to be sure.
    I just ordered Micro Minim OSD from HobbyKing, which should have the required connector. Not cheap solution but, it could also help with testing.
    Also asked eBay seller about JST SH connectors, 4 pin, 6 pin, 10 pin and 12 pin, if they can provide instead of set of 20 x 4 pin JST SH. But I am still waiting for the reply.

Do you think that CC3D has the same connector also?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Ren View Post
    Hi Pavel,

Hasn't BangGood provided the connector to Telem port? According to the link you gave, I attach a picture to show the connection between Mini APM and PlayUAV OSD.

I don't have a Mini APM board. Does it use the same connector(4pins 1.0) as CC3D?

Last edited by pavel4n; 26th August 2015 at 05:53 AM.

Based on what I read here, it looks like it could be the same (or similar) cable that is used on CC3D.
    http://newstore.openpilot.org/usa/ho...le-jst-sh.html

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Ren View Post
    Hi Pavel,

I have one question. The speed on the playuav osd is ground or air speed?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by foxbat View Post
    I have one question. The speed on the playuav osd is ground or air speed?

Thanks
    Hi, the "Speed" item means ground speed in horizontal.

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast