Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: A Graphics OSD for APM, Pixhawk

Navigator

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by vierfuffzig View Post
    great project, tom, looks very promising!

especially the audio out is a great opportunity. telemetry over audio-channel is what i have long been wishing for, maybe also an audio-vario for thermal soaring would be possible?

playing with the config tool i do miss

- a "mAh used" panel

- a "total trip distance" panel

these would be great as they are somewhat essential for range flights.

so i hope you keep things going and we get our hardware soon, now that our local post has called off their strike after some weeks...

cheers, basti.
    Hi, thanks for your suggestion. Information on battery consumption and trip distance is truly useful. I will add them in the TODO list.

A Graphics OSD for APM, Pixhawk

that's great, tom!

what a coincindence: one osd has just arrived! i have just quickly set it up with my workbench-apm-test-environment. works great out of the box!
    arranged some screen setups and dry-tested them, very nice handling, no compiling, no voltage issues. just plug the usb in and off you go.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436609565.509956.jpg 
Views:	412 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	64217

i'll next put it in a plane and get some videos done, but i do think the config tool and panel setup still need a little tweaking to make it from "promising" to "BAAAAMM!"

the code itself is a bit more complex to me as that of the minimosdextra, so i don't feel free to really play with the possibilities yet.

it is a very very promising piece of hard- and software and i really do hope, you keep up your great work and push this on to everyday-usability!!!

cheers, basti.
    Last edited by vierfuffzig; 11th July 2015 at 10:49 AM.

Navigator
    I am considering getting this OSD for my next plane. It will be a MyTwinDream for medium to long range flights. Is this OSD robust and will it give me similar functions as the Minimosd (extra) I am using now? I like to see battery percentage (calculated from mah used), Voltage of battery, RSSI of my dragonlink RX, distance, throttle, return-to-home arrow etc..

In already like the graphics of this OSD compared to the minimosd.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by warcow View Post
    I am considering getting this OSD for my next plane. It will be a MyTwinDream for medium to long range flights. Is this OSD robust and will it give me similar functions as the Minimosd (extra) I am using now? I like to see battery percentage (calculated from mah used), Voltage of battery, RSSI of my dragonlink RX, distance, throttle, return-to-home arrow etc..

In already like the graphics of this OSD compared to the minimosd.
    Hi, the PlayUAV OSD is a graphical OSD that includes all the functions you listed, such as battery percentage and Voltage. Please download the latest firmware at: http://en.playuav.com/article/2

Navigator
    Hi Basti, the new firmware of PlayUAV OSD has increased the "mAh used" and "total trip distance". The home and way-points direction issue has also been solved. Please download the latest firmware at : http://en.playuav.com/article/2

that is great to hear, tom, thanks a lot! i'll give it a go a.s.a.p. and post some grnd recs. this makes it the osd of choice for the "bull's eye"

basti.

Navigator
    Tom Ren, are you interested in supporting also light-telemetry protocol? This protocol is officially supported in Taulabs and a PR is also waiting for it to be merged in cleanflight, there is also a branch in baseflight with it implemented.
    As its name implies its very light, so everything fits into 1200 or 2400 baud rate, so it would enable it to be used as a ground osd also (for example with openlrsng transparent serial link).

You can read more about it here: https://github.com/cleanflight/cleanflight/issues/36 and here http://www.wedontneednasa.com/2014/0...round-osd.html

Also ltm has support in mwptools gui and in a ghettostation antenna tracker and ltm-osd, so it has already lots of application, would be nice if it would be added to such a nice graphical osd that you guys are developing. Wish you good luck with your osd!
    Last edited by msev; 18th August 2015 at 03:24 AM.

Navigator
    Just got PlayuavOSD from Banggood and successfully set it up.
    Sometimes, after plugging my LiPo - it hangs - like Pixhawk do not send any data to it. Is it suppose to be like this?
    Next question is wiring with Pixhawk: MinimOSD for example require only RX to be plugged in, if telemetry radio is used - which is my case. Should both TX and RX from PlayuavOSD be connected to Pixhawk?
    And final question is about RSSI. I understand that
    PlayuavOSD take RSSI data from Pixhawk, but in case of EzUHF - which is my case - its useless. All we need to do is to read PWM value from some channel, which I will assign in EzUHF software.
    So basically - it would be nice if
    PlayuavOSD in RSSI section contain something like "RSSI input channel", min value should be 0 and max value at least 2000 which max PWM value for RSSI/Link quality for systems like EzUHF. Since as it is now - its impossible to read RSSI without some PWM to voltage converter - which extra money and extra weight for quad.

Navigator
    @msev
    Hi, thanks for the information. I don’t know much about LTM, but it sounds interesting. I will look into it and see if it can be implemented on playuavosd.

Navigator
    @lexterito

1) After power on, the osd will run the bootload app for about 5 secs. FC like pixhawk also needs to do the initialization. So it is normal if there is 10-15 secs delay. If your OSD hangs longer, please let me know.

2) TX is used to request mavlink rate. It is not necessary, but it would be better to use both RX and TX. There are several serial ports on Pixhawk. You can use OSD and radio separately or use a Y cable.

3) About the RSSI, you are right. OSD takes RSSI from MAVLink sent by FC. I will consider your suggestion and give a try.

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast