Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: A Graphics OSD for APM, Pixhawk

Navigator

A Graphics OSD for APM, Pixhawk

Hi,I want to share a graphics OSD - the PlayuavOSD. It is new but not totally unfamiliar. It is created by integrating a variety of excellent open-source projects. Especially minimOSD and BrainFPV. Many thanks to the developers for their efforts and dedication.

This project is full open source and hardware licensed under CC 3.0 BY-SA and GUN v3. You can find all information about this OSD at http://www.github.com/Playuav/playuavosd, including the source code, the schematic diagram, and the configuration tools etc.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	px4osd.JPG 
Views:	1767 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	66018Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screendisplay.jpg 
Views:	4057 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	66019Click image for larger version. 

Name:	playuavosd-interface.jpg 
Views:	2679 
Size:	40.5 KB 
ID:	66020Click image for larger version. 

Name:	osd map.png 
Views:	2093 
Size:	659.5 KB 
ID:	66023
    Board size: 33mm*26mm

Features:

1)
    Customize as many pages as you need to display different information. Switch the page with the remote control (RC).
    2)Dual video inputs, front and rear cameras(real time switch via the remote control)
    3)Support multiple types of flight control, such as the mavlink protocol used by APM2.x and pixhawk, UAVTalk protocol used by CC3D and revolution (Beta version), as well as the CAN protocol of DJI (under development).
    4)Firmware can be updated with the configuration tools while parameter setting can be done via USB directly.
    5)An map-like panel to show home, way-points and UAV's direction. The "map" can zoom in/out automatically based upon the distance between points. Like the "Flight Plan" in MissionPlanner.

Config Tool download here:http://www.playuav.com/download/playuavosd/OSDTool.zip

Wiki:http://www.playuav.com/wiki/doku.php...ayuavosd:start

You can got the board from our AliExpress store:http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1859742

Flight video:

Configuration video:
    Last edited by Tom Ren; 6th September 2015 at 03:56 AM. Reason: Update

Great job on the OSD

Just a question here - according to the schematic - the board is built around an STM32F4 AND a Max7456 chip? I thought graphical osds were moving away from the max chip as a solution and going straight to the F4 to handle video overlays.
    "Level grinding in FPV is the worst" - ziggy3935
    "You smell different when you're awake." - WillM
    "stick your gear in me!". - slowjett

NE FPV^ Pilot MAP
    YouTube Channel

Tom: This looks great. I've already ordered one of the boards. Once it finally arrives, I'll post my findings. It is about time someone did this for a MAVLink OSD!

Quote Originally Posted by Mochaboy View Post
    Great job on the OSD

Just a question here - according to the schematic - the board is built around an STM32F4 AND a Max7456 chip? I thought graphical osds were moving away from the max chip as a solution and going straight to the F4 to handle video overlays.
    I think the max is used for sync detection iirc

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mochaboy View Post
    Great job on the OSD

Max chip is used to generate sync signal when there is no video input, and for signal gain too. I have tried other ways to substitute max7456, but they didn’t work well, as frame loss occurred occasionally. I believe there must be some other solutions. I am still new in the embed field. Anyone interested is welcome to join the project and improve it.

Navigator
    Looks very interesting, where to get one, please?

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by pavel4n View Post
    Looks very interesting, where to get one, please?
    Hi, I don't know where you are located. But currently we are selling it at Taobao.com, the Chinese C2C online store. Here is the link:
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=44759735602
    International players can purchase from our website(en.playuav.com) directly. I will update the progress in this post.
    Last edited by Tom Ren; 18th August 2015 at 11:46 PM.

Navigator
    Thanks Tom Ren, goodluckbuy seems to be a way to go. I am considering to use it with APM mini/micro or pixhawk lite. Is there any special requirement to use playUAV OSD with it?

I already tried to use playUAV OSD configuration tool and watched your FPV videos and it seems to be very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Ren View Post
    Hi, I don't know where you are located. But currently we are selling it at Taobao.com, the Chinese C2C online store. Here is the link:
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=44759735602 If you are located in other countries, you can buy here: http://www.goodluckbuy.com/playuav-o...-for-fpv-.html

We are now building our English website. In the near future, international players can purchase from our website(playuav.com) directly. I will update the progress in this post.
    Last edited by pavel4n; 15th June 2015 at 03:20 AM.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by pavel4n View Post
    Thanks Tom Ren, goodluckbuy seems to be a way to go. I am considering to use it with APM mini/micro or pixhawk lite. Is there any special requirement to use playUAV OSD with it?

I already tried to use playUAV OSD configuration tool and watched your FPV videos and it seems to be very nice.

Hi Pavel, as replied at diydrones, I don't think there is any special requirement for using playUAV OSD with APM mini or pixhawk lite, though I have not tested yet. There should be no problem as long as you use the official firmware.

great project, tom, looks very promising!

especially the audio out is a great opportunity. telemetry over audio-channel is what i have long been wishing for, maybe also an audio-vario for thermal soaring would be possible?

playing with the config tool i do miss

- a "mAh used" panel

- a "total trip distance" panel

these would be great as they are somewhat essential for range flights.

so i hope you keep things going and we get our hardware soon, now that our local post has called off their strike after some weeks...

cheers, basti.

Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast