Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Improve flight time suggestions

Navigator

Improve flight time suggestions

Good evening folks.I currently would like to improve flight times.I currently get 9/10 mins @ 3.8 volts.Thats what beeper is set to which gives me time to find a good spot to land.Also loiter is approx 55/58% throttle in manual mode.This is my first build and am very,very pleased with the naza and airframe overall.I have atti gains on dial S1 and basic gains on S2.This helps tremendously as I can dial in the quad on the fly.Worked amazing today with the wind (Canada Ontario)I posted a pic and my specs.The quad is quite nimble and responsive,but I would like to possibly increase times.Would adding a second battery be my only option? or larger props.Hopefully some viewers here have experience with this frame.Thanks in advance for any help

SPECS:
    Tarot 650
    sunnysky 580KV (3508)
    30 amp mrss simon k esc's
    13'' 5.5 carbon T-style props
    4s 5000 40c
    Taranis +
    Naza M-V2
    Barebones no gear,besides camerless gimble
    AUW?
    http://imgur.com/vNoFBvV

Last edited by PinchLight; 31st May 2015 at 06:06 PM.

I would try a different battery. Not an expert but on most quads you can use 10c batteries when using high capacity. I can ser you got 5000mAh on 40C.
    Try some Multistar 5200 10C. You win in capacity and weight, si more fly time.

But be aware that at the end of the pack, you will get less "punch" out of it.

Navigator
    Looks as though I will need to carry 3 batteries.I use 1 5000mah currently.Will try 2 5000 mah and will have another for my fpv.Thanks for the suggestion.

Instructor Pilot
    I would say about 90% of it comes down to weight....

Lose all unnecessary weight you can... even if it doesn't seem like much, if you lose 5g here and 10g there it all starts to add up. Just for example - shorten wire runs to the length needed (especially big heavy cabling like power cables), take off any unnecessary equipment, switch to aluminium screws, hog out or trim any frame or structure that isn't contributing to the strength or function, change to a lower C pack that weighs less for the same capacity (or conversely has more capacity for the same weight) etc etc.

Navigator
    I have no gear with these times.I will shorten the power wiring to battery.Esc to motor wires are as short as I could get.I got roughly the same time with my tattu 5000 mah 35C.Im not complaining.The time is what it is.Fpv is definitly out of the equasion for this setup.Thanks for the tips though.

You can win about 100g only by switching to those Multistar batteries. Look at Hobbyking to compare the specs and weight.

Navigator
    I dont use hobbyking,but will look into that spec battery here in Canada.

Cor blimey, guv'nor!
    A 3.8V alarm sounds somewhat pessimistic; that's a battery barely used. Drop it to 3.4V for an instant endurance boost!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tp-5000mah-pro-power-40c-cell-discharge-curve-graph.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	62754

Navigator
    Gives me time to land,I re did the harness battery to esc's.Knocked off a connector and good bit of wire.I also replaced the deans on 2 batteries to XT60 so now I dont need the deans to XT60 adapter any more.I dont like deans anyway for connections that are plugged/unplugged often(spark)Wouldint 3.4 be a tad low even though the resting charge will come up a bit.I will set to 3.6 and observe battery behaviour afterwards.I may tru 1455 props aswell?

Navigator
    My 2 5000 mah batteries are sitting @3.8 V per cell(multimeter),this was from after using yesterday.Perfect storage voltage.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast