Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lumenier Mini 20A ESC w/ SimonK AutoShot, 5V/1A BEC (2-4s)

Quote Originally Posted by Broxer View Post
    Any plans to release an opto version? Anyone tested these with Cobra 2204 2300kv on 4s?
    Yes we tested them with those exact Cobra motors and they are working great. Also Skitzo has been flying with them, and on the lower kv Cobra -

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_GetFPV View Post
    Oh I wouldn't run them with just the signal wire and no ground. The ESC is very sensitive since it is running such a short pulse width, (oneshot being enabled) so it doesn't surprise me you had weird results after removing the ground wire. I'd suggest to test them again with the ground wire connected, I'm sure you'll fine they run very smooth and consistently then. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that before, as I was saying you don't need the Voltage from all 4, but yes you need the signal + ground.
    Ah now you tell me Andy lol... Smashed me 650fpv cam testing them but now we know atleast.

The rotorgeek escs i have 3 come with signal wire only hence why i asked if these could run the same way.

Ill resolder servo leads and try them on something else possibly.
    Follow My Builds: plus.google.com/u/0/+HallyFPV/posts
    Team-Legit FOHDY 40" - Cobra 2217/1180kv, 40a HK Esc, TBS Core Pro & GPS, TBS Crossfire
    Mini Talon - Sunnysky 2216 /1250kv, 40a Xrotor Esc, TBS Core Pro, TBS Crossfire
    Lumenier QAV-R 5" - Kiss FC, Kiss 24aRE Esc (Dshot600), Lumenier 2206-2350kv Motors, Lumenier 600mw VTX, TBS Crossfire
    Lumenier QAV210 - TBS Colibri FC, TBS FPVision (OSD/VTX), ZTW 30a Blheli-S (Multishot), Emax RS2205-S 2300kv, TBS Crossfire

Yes we tested them with those exact Cobra motors and they are working great. Also Skitzo has been flying with them, and on the lower kv Cobra -
    Nice flying! Sub'd.

Also, what in the heck am I supposed to do with these KISS ESCs that I got for my birthday earlier this year..? Lol, I've seen too many of them burn up to even attempt to run them.

Navigator
    Hi there,
    Sorry for straying a little from the multi rotor topic but i would like to use this in a small fixed wing airframe, actually a wing.
    Any reason I should not? I read that SimonK ESCs have motors revving up much quicker and that can be tricky on a plane because of the torque supposedly, but I really like the fact these are tiny and light. The wing should weigh about 550/650g all up.
    Also if you have any motor recommendation, I am all ears. Would ideally like something offering 600/700g of thrust on 8x4 or 8x5 props within the 20A specs of this ESC.
    Thanks - Silaxe

Quote Originally Posted by Silaxe View Post
    Hi there,
    Sorry for straying a little from the multi rotor topic but i would like to use this in a small fixed wing airframe, actually a wing.
    Any reason I should not? I read that SimonK ESCs have motors revving up much quicker and that can be tricky on a plane because of the torque supposedly, but I really like the fact these are tiny and light. The wing should weigh about 550/650g all up.
    Also if you have any motor recommendation, I am all ears. Would ideally like something offering 600/700g of thrust on 8x4 or 8x5 props within the 20A specs of this ESC.
    Thanks - Silaxe
    Yeah they work great on planes too. Very smooth throttle response. The only thing they don't have is braking on the motor which some airplane pilots use.

Anybody know what firmware is running on these?? would like to use rapid flash to reverse motor direction and other settings. Also wondering if these are blheli compatible.

I did try running the BS_NFET.hex file but one of my ESC's are showing a huge sync issue when given full throttle thanks in advance!

--Z

Navigator

Lumenier Mini 20A ESC w/ SimonK AutoShot, 5V/1A BEC (2-4s)

Yeah they work great on planes too. Very smooth throttle response. The only thing they don't have is braking on the motor which some airplane pilots use.
    Great - thanks a lot. I think I will get it to put with my EMax XA2212/1400KV. Unless I can find a lighter motor with similar thrust

Hey guys I got an issue brewing, I just bought a pile of equipment from getfpv to build a QAV250, one of the things I bought were these mini 20a esc's and some fx2208-9 2000kv motors and running it all on a flip 32 board. Motors and esc's are hooked up correctly and no issues on power up. All motor rotation is good and in cleanflight everything looks great. When I run the motors through the computer it powers up just fine and motors spin evenly, but when I use my Taranis radio with throttle the motors are all uneven and dont spin in sync. I am in rate mode and know the quad has to do corrections but this is rediculous. The motors are all unsynced and if I give the minimum throttle to spin the motors, one motor will start to spin faster than the others while just sitting in the same spot...then start to slow down to even out with the others.

The copter will take off but shakes so bad once in the air I can only fly around at lower speed...under 30% throttle...and eventually the vibration I assume gets so bad that the plane just looses power and falls out of the sky. Is this an esc issue from not being calibrated? they are supposed to be pre calibrated? Also would this be caused due to having all 4 esc wires plugged into the FCB...power, ground and signal?

thx guys

Quote Originally Posted by BrownGuy View Post
    Hey guys I got an issue brewing, I just bought a pile of equipment from getfpv to build a QAV250, one of the things I bought were these mini 20a esc's and some fx2208-9 2000kv motors and running it all on a flip 32 board. Motors and esc's are hooked up correctly and no issues on power up. All motor rotation is good and in cleanflight everything looks great. When I run the motors through the computer it powers up just fine and motors spin evenly, but when I use my Taranis radio with throttle the motors are all uneven and dont spin in sync. I am in rate mode and know the quad has to do corrections but this is rediculous. The motors are all unsynced and if I give the minimum throttle to spin the motors, one motor will start to spin faster than the others while just sitting in the same spot...then start to slow down to even out with the others.

The copter will take off but shakes so bad once in the air I can only fly around at lower speed...under 30% throttle...and eventually the vibration I assume gets so bad that the plane just looses power and falls out of the sky. Is this an esc issue from not being calibrated? they are supposed to be pre calibrated? Also would this be caused due to having all 4 esc wires plugged into the FCB...power, ground and signal?

thx guys
    First off those ESC's do not need to be calibrated and from what it sounds like if you do it you could through off the end points and it would be difficult to get them back.

sounds like your using PID controller 0 on default PIDs...

Try setting your looptime in your CLI to 1600 - https://github.com/cleanflight/clean...er/docs/Cli.md CLI manual

Code:
    set looptime = 1600
    save
    https://github.com/cleanflight/clean...ID%20tuning.md - pid tuning manule

On PID Controller screen selected PID controller 1 - rewrite defaults should get your started, but you will want to fine tune them. Here is a good video to watch.

- short video on pid tuning

Another thing to remember is to try and do a gryro & acc calibration
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Naze32 stick commands.PNG 
Views:	204 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	65146

Quote Originally Posted by zestyzsauce View Post
    Anybody know what firmware is running on these?? would like to use rapid flash to reverse motor direction and other settings. Also wondering if these are blheli compatible.

I did try running the BS_NFET.hex file but one of my ESC's are showing a huge sync issue when given full throttle thanks in advance!

--Z

Talked to the Shawn at getFPV and I was correct in using BS_NFET.hex, I guess I just have a bad ESC.

Thanks,

--Z