Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lumenier Mini 20A ESC w/ SimonK AutoShot, 5V/1A BEC (2-4s)

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_GetFPV View Post
    Yeah it's nothing unique with this ESC, any could do that. The Flight controller only needs the signal wire/ground from each. Since these have included 5v BECs, then you can use 1 of them to provide 5v of power to your flight controller.
    Thats cool i just remember trying afros with the signal only and they went banannas...

Ill desolder the pos and neg on x3 then... sweet that shall clear some room for my naze under the board.

Thanks for clarifying Andy.
    Follow My Builds: plus.google.com/u/0/+HallyFPV/posts
    Team-Legit FOHDY 40" - Cobra 2217/1180kv, 40a HK Esc, TBS Core Pro & GPS, TBS Crossfire
    Mini Talon - Sunnysky 2216 /1250kv, 40a Xrotor Esc, TBS Core Pro, TBS Crossfire
    Lumenier QAV-R 5" - Kiss FC, Kiss 24aRE Esc (Dshot600), Lumenier 2206-2350kv Motors, Lumenier 600mw VTX, TBS Crossfire
    Lumenier QAV210 - TBS Colibri FC, TBS FPVision (OSD/VTX), ZTW 30a Blheli-S (Multishot), Emax RS2205-S 2300kv, TBS Crossfire

GetFPV verified that these are upgradeable to future versions of SimonK, but did not know which firmware type you choose in the KKMulticopter Flash Tool to flash them. Does anyone know?

Quote Originally Posted by recursion View Post
    GetFPV verified that these are upgradeable to future versions of SimonK, but did not know which firmware type you choose in the KKMulticopter Flash Tool to flash them. Does anyone know?
    Why are you flashing them already? Did you find a bug?
    Team-Legit FOHDY 40" - Cobra 2217/1180kv, 40a HK Esc, TBS Core Pro & GPS, TBS Crossfire
    Lumenier QAV-R 5" - Kiss FC, Kiss 24aRE Esc (Dshot600), Lumenier 2206-2350kv Motors, Lumenier 600mw VTX, TBS Crossfire
    Lumenier QAV210 - TBS Colibri FC, TBS FPVision (OSD/VTX), ZTW 30a Blheli-S (Multishot), Emax RS2205-S 2300kv, TBS Crossfire

Navigator
    hello,

i just received those esc, installed them on my 4S qav250 with lumenier 2350kv motors.
    testing it in the kitchen and everything sounds good except they getting hot even without motors rotating.
    is it normal ?

sorry for my bad english, you know i'm french.

Quote Originally Posted by zerpo View Post
    hello,

i just received those esc, installed them on my 4S qav250 with lumenier 2350kv motors.
    testing it in the kitchen and everything sounds good except they getting hot even without motors rotating.
    is it normal ?

sorry for my bad english, you know i'm french.
    Zerpo, the ESCs do have a regulator on board which will created some heat, though they aren't hot to the touch when they aren't under load. Make sure you don't have anything shorting out, like a screw that is mounting your motor to your arm. Sometimes a long screw will short out the motor windings, which would also heat up the ESC. These ESCs actually stay fairly cool under normal load.
    Last edited by Andy_GetFPV; 19th June 2015 at 11:29 AM.

Navigator
    Thank you Andy,
    i checked and there is no short circuit.
    the good word is more tepid, lukewarm.
    maybe it's normal cause i use the bec with 4S.

Can these be flashed with BLHeli to use features such as software selected motor reverse? What kind of chip is onboard?

I ended up ditching mine had lots of weird sync issues and 1 actually rebooted on a test hover causing my qav to flip (smashing the fpv cam) They seem to make a bleeping noise when the throttle is off completely too which is weird, noticed the motors dont all start at exactly the same point as slightly off.

I run 3 with signal wire only and 1 with full wires. Only thing i wonder is if they dont like that, hence why i asked earlier in post before removing them as i know afros etc dont like that.

Ended up ordering dys 20a so i can get the buuld finished so back to blheli for me i think bit dissapointed after spending so much on them but i cant see a cable or a way to get in to the software to check settings so not a lot i can do with them now.
    Last edited by Hally1983; 20th June 2015 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hally1983 View Post
    I ended up ditching mine had lots of weird sync issues and 1 actually rebooted on a test hover causing my qav to flip (smashing the fpv cam) They seem to make a bleeping noise when the throttle is off completely too which is weird, noticed the motors dont all start at exactly the same point as slightly off.

I run 3 with signal wire only and 1 with full wires. Only thing i wonder is if they dont like that, hence why i asked earlier in post before removing them as i know afros etc dont like that.

Ended up ordering dys 20a so i can get the buuld finished so back to blheli for me i think bit dissapointed after spending so much on them but i cant see a cable or a way to get in to the software to check settings so not a lot i can do with them now.
    Oh I wouldn't run them with just the signal wire and no ground. The ESC is very sensitive since it is running such a short pulse width, (oneshot being enabled) so it doesn't surprise me you had weird results after removing the ground wire. I'd suggest to test them again with the ground wire connected, I'm sure you'll fine they run very smooth and consistently then. Sorry if I wasn't clear on that before, as I was saying you don't need the Voltage from all 4, but yes you need the signal + ground.

Navigator
    Any plans to release an opto version? Anyone tested these with Cobra 2204 2300kv on 4s?