Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pixhack flight controller

Forum Member

Pixhack flight controller

We just managed to secure a batch of the Pixhack flight controllers. Check it out here:
    http://www.team-blacksheep.com/produ...hack_autopilot

It's a cheaper, smaller and more refined version of the Pixhawk flight controller hardware. Fits perfectly into a DISCOVERY (PRO), you know, in case you want to do some chocolate delivery of your own

Quote Originally Posted by Trappy View Post
    We just managed to secure a batch of the Pixhack flight controllers. Check it out here:
    http://www.team-blacksheep.com/produ...hack_autopilot

It's a cheaper, smaller and more refined version of the Pixhawk flight controller hardware. Fits perfectly into a DISCOVERY (PRO), you know, in case you want to do some chocolate delivery of your own
    Got tbs gains and setup for it?

(I was waiting for pixhack 2, but am warming up to the 1)

Forum Member
    yeah I will get some values, but basically the auto-tune works like a charm as well.

Forum Member
    Will usual accessories (e.g., telemetry, airspeed sensor, etc.) for the PixHawk work on it? I'm thinking of trying it out on a plane.

Forum Member
    yes. it's fully compatible, it even has the same ports with the same connectors. they just "jammed" it into a much tinier form factor, with excellent manufacturing quality

If you could check the Que and post it to me..... That would be great.....

Forum Member
    That video looks pretty cool. Trappy was that all autonomous flight? I never tried Pixhawk or variations. Do you think it will perform well with the Endurance 6s setup?
    [SIZE=1]| CW Aviation | TBS Discovery | Discovery PRO | Discovery PRO AerialMob | Gemini [/SIZE][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]|[/SIZE] Vendetta [/SIZE][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]|[/SIZE] G2 [/SIZE][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]|[/SIZE] Caipirinha | DJI S1000+ | Blackout Mini H | Hex | Alien 4" 5" 6" 7" [/SIZE][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]|[/SIZE] Helix 5" [/SIZE][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]| Kraken 5R [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]| FU-RC Kore [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]|[/SIZE][/SIZE] [/SIZE]Sweepwings Runt [/SIZE][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]|[/SIZE] Flinch | Ritewing Zephyr XL [/SIZE][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]| [/SIZE]ZIII [/SIZE][SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]| Drak[/SIZE][/SIZE] | Mini Drak [/SIZE][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]| All Hardcores [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]| Rite Spec [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=1]|[/SIZE][/SIZE] [URL="http://www.youtube.com/hizlimax"]www.youtube.com/hizlimax[/URL] [/SIZE][SIZE=1]|[/SIZE]

Forum Member
    apparently the pixhawk / pixhack has some problems with the ESCs that we supply in the endurance kit. But if you use the T-Motor ESCs (or other 6S equivalents) it will surely perform like a charm. Pixhawk/pixhack is just an amazing platform, the performance of the drone is almost doubled in terms of max speed/range.

Forum Member
    Nice to see a smaller version of the APM platform, the original pixhawk is humongous. I went with a slightly more experimental route and got a raspberry 2 with a navio board(APM for Linux), which makes it possible to use video recognition software and other cool stuff on your plane/multirotor.

Forum Member
    apparently the pixhawk / pixhack has some problems with the ESCs that we supply in the endurance kit.
    Just when I finished watching the Video my interest gets smacked into the ground because of incompatibility ;(
    Care to go more in depth what the problem is and if you expect for this problem to be fixed at some point?

I also imagine for some to be interested in the dimensions of the little bugger - Something to add to the TBS Product Page?
    But if you use the T-Motor ESCs (or other 6S equivalents) it will surely perform like a charm.
    Which T-Motor ESC Set would you recommend to use with the Endurance Kit? They appear to have 20A and 40A ESC's but nothing in the 30A Ballpark.
    Last edited by Durahl; 26th May 2015 at 08:42 AM.