www.immersionrc.com

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Vortex Service Bulletins

I have the race vortex and can not get the motors to calibrate , works perfect in CF 1.9 with master control but when I arm it with controller (DX6i) the motors spin at different speeds and only 1 with spin up all the way after 3 clicks of the throttle after that if I go higher throttle gives me no response will arm and disarm fine..anyone have a fix for this.

Why do you need to calibrate? Have you actually flown it yet?

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by SCUBASTEVE95 View Post
    I have the race vortex and can not get the motors to calibrate , works perfect in CF 1.9 with master control but when I arm it with controller (DX6i) the motors spin at different speeds and only 1 with spin up all the way after 3 clicks of the throttle after that if I go higher throttle gives me no response will arm and disarm fine..anyone have a fix for this.
    Which flight mode are you in. If you are not in acro - switch to acro and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by HFMan View Post
    Why do you need to calibrate? Have you actually flown it yet?
    have not flown yet ...would you.?
    no throttle response after 3 clicks and only one motor spins up and at full speed the other 3 drop back down to almost idle.
    seems like that would be a waste of $450.
    have had over 15 multirotors and never had one act like this , motors should give me full range of throttle even with props off should not matter.

Hughie..
    i'll try that and see what happens not 100% sure I was in acro , hope its something that simple ..thanks

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by SCUBASTEVE95 View Post
    have not flown yet ...would you.?
    no throttle response after 3 clicks and only one motor spins up and at full speed the other 3 drop back down to almost idle.
    seems like that would be a waste of $450.
    have had over 15 multirotors and never had one act like this , motors should give me full range of throttle even with props off should not matter.
    Not if it is in Horizon or Angle mode and it is not level. It will be trying to level itself. Try it in acro, that takes the accelerometer out of the circuit.
    Last edited by Hughie; 14th October 2015 at 09:28 AM. Reason: I can't spell

Hughie..
    i'll try that and see what happens not 100% sure I was in acro , hope its something that simple ..thanks[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Hughie View Post
    Not if it is in Horizon or Angle mode and it is not level. It will be trying to level itself. Try it in acro, that takes the accelerometer out of the circuit.
    Will do it tonight sounds like a good start.. thanks again

Navigator
    What's the consensus on using the newer CF updates on the Vortex. Is is safe and or better?

Also, has anyone used the newest BorisB firmware on one?

Just received the Vortex but the prescribed (Turing and Luminier) batteries are not available anywhere to buy. Are there any other brands like gensace that can be used with the Vortex. It's a shame that it has to stay unused for weeks because the batteries aren't available! What are you using for batteries?