www.immersionrc.com

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vortex won't arm.

Navigator

Vortex won't arm.

Good day.
    I have a vortex, ezuhf 4ch, and the external module. I have followed the vortex wizard and everything is setup perfectly.
    The receiver and transmitter module for EZUHF have been loaded with the latest version and match. Both are bound together. Receiver is setup with Configure for XuGong v2/Pro (and channels are 1) PPM Mux, 2) PPm2, 3) PPM3, 4) PPM4. PPM slots are 1-12 for each channel except channel 10 is UPSTAT.
    On the Vortex:
    All sticks are adjusted properly.
    OSD shows the correct information and flight mode, flight mode, battery voltage, RSSI, etc, and camera is working.
    Fail safe on the transmitter is set.
    LEDs follow the throttle stick.
    I've done motor sense on all motors to get the 5 beeps.
    I can navigate all the wizard menus properly so I know the sticks are good.

Here are my symptoms.
    1) turn on transmitter. Wait for beeps. Good.
    2) The moment it is plugged in there are 3 very high pitch beeps, then 3 lower tone beeps in ascending order (beep, Beep, BEEP), then 3 more beeps that are more like "deetle, deetle, deetle".
    3) When all beeping is done, Green LED light up sequentially go across the matrix one at a time, then all of them flash green for a few seconds, then they go out. The OSD says move pitch/roll to continue. I wiggle the pitch or roll and the prompt disapears.
    Next I move the transmitter stick to right (throttle is already down). Green vortex leds flash 3x green; nothing happens, no motor spinning or beeps.
    I then move the throttle stick to full and back down and the vortex beeps slowly and consistently. If I move the throttle to 1/2 or higher, it stops beeping. Move it back down, it starts beeping.

Under the battery, the green and red lights are on and blue is flashing.
    IRC vortex 285 and 250. FS Dom, Turnigy 9xr transmitter, EzUHF,

ImmersionRC Support Guru swillhide's Avatar
    AMA # 1015480 HAM Callsign # Procrastinating..
    Futaba 9c w/Ezuhf /Skywalker 1880 or anything else that I can Lawn Dart.
    Retired: Disco(Sold), Skywalker 1900(Dirt Nap), Qav540g/Nazav2/Iosd mk2

Navigator
    Fixed through Firmware update.
    IRC vortex 285 and 250. FS Dom, Turnigy 9xr transmitter, EzUHF,

Yay, Any other Vortex owners with this problem please Skype me or email me at Swillhide@Immersionrc.com for the new firmware. Its not on the web yet but will be soon and I know you wanna fly ASAP so....

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by swillhide View Post
    Yay, Any other Vortex owners with this problem please Skype me or email me at Swillhide@Immersionrc.com for the new firmware. Its not on the web yet but will be soon and I know you wanna fly ASAP so....

Having the same issue, Sent you an email, if you could send me the firmware I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

dito on the arming problems, i guess i need the firmware update too.

Ok will go get on those emails right now.

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by swillhide View Post
    Ok will go get on those emails right now.

Having issues even getting the Immersion tools to see the vortex. The one time I did it did not let me upload the new firmware because you sent me a .hex not a .fw file.

Navigator
    I was also having the same issues getting my motors to arm. After some troubleshooting with Yann from ImmersionRC, we were able to discover the issue:

For the Vortex to arm & disarm properly, the Flight Controller needs to see certain values in the flight controller receiver configurator screen in Clean Flight.

the values it is looking for is 1000 at its lowest, 1500 in the middle, and 2000 at its highest. By adjusting the servo travel and sub trims on my transmitter, and using clean flight to verify, once I had all my channels producing these numbers, arming & disarming worked without any issues.

hopefully this helps others out there who are having arming issues. I was certainly happy to see my vortex obey my commands, and am very much looking forward to putting it in the air!

Thanks again to zee, swill, Tony, and of course Yann. Im happy IRC worked to resolve my issues, and participates in an open discussion forum, to better help those in the community.

I hooked up the Vortex to check my travel values in Clean Flight. Of course I have done this with my other quads. But in order to connect to clean flight I had to plug the battery in to operate the OSD. From there I went to Receiver and opened it up and check the throws. There was tons of lag in the OSD to Clean flight. When I would set my sub trim for the throttle to 1500 the sine wave above would stop (lag for about 3-5 sec) then start up again for about 3-5 sec then stop again. I went ahead and stopped adjusting the sub trims and travels. Figure it not right and post my problem here. But to reaffirm what I have done; went through the wizard everything checked good everything was recognized by wizard, but when it came to arming the quad it wouldn't arm. I did mess with the throttle curve in the radio but and it would arm after some movement of the throttle up and down to right. Like the first post of serpa4's it would start the props at low speed and could not get them to stop/de-arm.
    Last edited by RCAV8R; 19th May 2015 at 07:18 AM.