Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Introducing the Lily Camera...

Forum Member
    I know what you mean. A little more info would be cool. I wonder if you can input distance from beacon & altitude. That would certainly be helpful in different situations & seems easy enough to implement.
    Volantex Raptor v1
    Blade Nano qx FPV
    Hoverthings VC-450 camo frame with DJI NAZA M v1 (no GPS)

RMRC-600xv flight camera & Mobius HD recording camera on tilt gimbal & RMRC 1.3GHz 300mW vtx
    RMRC vrx with upgraded SAW filter, 1.3GHz optimized 8dBi patch antenna, Lumenier DX600 dvr, & Skyzone goggles
    Turnigy 9xr radio connected to Saitek x52 joystick & throttle set with EZuhf & 8 channel diversity reciever, or DX7s/DX5e

Forum Member
    Amazing kit

Forum Member
    Looks great... but I don't know that I'd want to be selling it into a litigious society like that of the USA.

How much will they have to pay out the first time there's a glitch and a prop takes-out someone's eye because it smacked them in the face?

Not trying to knock the device, the concept or the implementation -- just pointing out that we all *know* someone is going to get hurt by one of these and because they're designed to fly in close proximity to a person/people then the risks are just that much higher.

There's probably nothing new in the way of technology here... (many quads have had a "follow me" mode for ages) but it's been *very* nicely packaged and made as idiot-proof as possible -- which is great!

Forum Member
    LOL...I think being idiot proof is gonna be part of the problem. That's the concept behind the Phantom & look what's happened there.
    Volantex Raptor v1
    Blade Nano qx FPV
    Hoverthings VC-450 camo frame with DJI NAZA M v1 (no GPS)

RMRC-600xv flight camera & Mobius HD recording camera on tilt gimbal & RMRC 1.3GHz 300mW vtx
    RMRC vrx with upgraded SAW filter, 1.3GHz optimized 8dBi patch antenna, Lumenier DX600 dvr, & Skyzone goggles
    Turnigy 9xr radio connected to Saitek x52 joystick & throttle set with EZuhf & 8 channel diversity reciever, or DX7s/DX5e

Forum Member
    A quite limited single purpose unit for sure - but if it works as good as it's portrayed in the video, pretty damn good at that single purpose.

For the intro pre order price of $500 & change I'm pretty tempted. I've been wanting to get some footage of me & my kids canoeing on the lake, bike riding, skiiing etc.. This looks a helluva lot easier than using one of my quads to do it (and worrying about dumping it in the lake)

My big slow FPV plane would easily hold that puck too - in theory the Lily should follow it around easily and video it as it flies. Pretty cool.

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenstr View Post
    A quite limited single purpose unit for sure - but if it works as good as it's portrayed in the video, pretty damn good at that single purpose.

For the intro pre order price of $500 & change I'm pretty tempted. I've been wanting to get some footage of me & my kids canoeing on the lake, bike riding, skiiing etc.. This looks a helluva lot easier than using one of my quads to do it (and worrying about dumping it in the lake)

My big slow FPV plane would easily hold that puck too - in theory the Lily should follow it around easily and video it as it flies. Pretty cool.
    I agree, for the price I'm quite tempted too.

My key concerns are the availability of spares and the fact it uses an integrated battery, so once you've had your 20 mins, you're done. 25mph is a little slow too - you're not going to follow a experienced cyclist, skier, water skier etc at that speed.

Forum Member
    yeah, then 2 hours to charge... that is the single greatest drawback IMO.

I'd bet they'll eventually make a version 2 with a swappable battery. Or someone else will.

edit: you know... kinda like this: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ifferent-small
    Last edited by SecretSpy711; 21st May 2015 at 10:56 AM.
    youtube.com/secretspy711
    [COLOR="#ff8c00"][B][COLOR="#696969"]CO[/COLOR]FPV[COLOR="#4169e1"].com[/COLOR][/B] [/COLOR]

Forum Member
    Agreed, the non swappable battery is a big issue. Also questioning the footage from the intro video - it looks gimbal stabilized, and from what I gather there's no gimbal on this unit - so either it flies extremely smooth or the demo video was shot from something else..

OTOH, the pre order price is the same as a GoPro by itself, if it takes decent video and stills you're getting a pretty cool camera for the same price..

Forum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenstr View Post
    Agreed, the non swappable battery is a big issue. Also questioning the footage from the intro video - it looks gimbal stabilized, and from what I gather there's no gimbal on this unit - so either it flies extremely smooth or the demo video was shot from something else..
    I was rather curious about how stable the video looked too. Just noticed the tech spec's state the below, which I guess helps...

• Digital gimballing
    • Image stabilization

Forum Member
    the stabilization is by digital image processing, no moving parts. kinda like the parrot bebop I think.
    youtube.com/secretspy711
    [COLOR="#ff8c00"][B][COLOR="#696969"]CO[/COLOR]FPV[COLOR="#4169e1"].com[/COLOR][/B] [/COLOR]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast