View Poll Results: do you agree that we should have the direct prop motor mounting option for the TBS LR

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes, we want direct motor mounting

1 50.00%
  • no, leave it as it is

0 0%
  • wtf what are you talking about

1 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: TBS lr 1000kv motors problems already?

Navigator

Exclamation TBS lr 1000kv motors problems already?

Hi all, Being a relatively new comer to fpvlab and rc enthusiast (3yrs) i was wondering has anyone else had a failure with TBS's new lr 1000kv motors ? The reason I ask is that i have had 2 major failures and both almost identical. My first failure was about 1 month ago when changing props over from 9x5 to the graupner 10x5 the mounting shaft snapped clean off at the joint, yes the shaft is mounted to the main body and no i didn't over tighten the prop, i noticed there was metal fatigue present. The second failure was more dramatic i wanted to simulate a full throttle take off, so i took off under full throttle, usually i take off gradually with a smooth easy take off, when after about 5/6 seconds at a height of about 40 feet i had another motor failure. With the prop and shaft going one way and my nice "new" TBS PRO falling like a stone to the ground, when i eventually found the prop and shaft still together i again noticed that there appeared to be a bad join and some metal fatigue. I am not trying to give these motors a bad reputation as i find them to be a good motor overall but if there is a bad batch of these around, TBS needs to address this issue and quickly, there is 1 solution that i can see and is fast becoming the norm and that is a direct motor mount and the alternative mounting option. We already pay a premium price for these motors and even if it added a further few dollars to the price the benefits far out way the costs so come on TBS lets get this option happening. It should also be mentioned that TBS did the right thing by me and replaced both the motors and all broken items from the fall. Anyone else agreeing here please give this idea the thumbs up
    Last edited by Beachhouse1954; 8th May 2015 at 04:35 PM.

When these motors were first shown I said that the design was flawed and I would never buy them, looks like they are doing exactly what I predicted.

There is a few threads about it.

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....new-Tbs-1000kv
    Last edited by PeteDee; 19th May 2015 at 03:11 PM.
    similis vobis fugere eam furatus!

• Edith Sitwell "I am patient with stupidity but not with those who are proud of it."

Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by Beachhouse1954 View Post
    Hi all, Being a relatively new comer to fpvlab and rc enthusiast (3yrs) i was wondering has anyone else had a failure with TBS's new lr 1000kv motors ? The reason I ask is that i have had 2 major failures and both almost identical. My first failure was about 1 month ago when changing props over from 9x5 to the graupner 10x5 the mounting shaft snapped clean off at the joint, yes the shaft is mounted to the main body and no i didn't over tighten the prop, i noticed there was metal fatigue present. The second failure was more dramatic i wanted to simulate a full throttle take off, so i took off under full throttle, usually i take off gradually with a smooth easy take off, when after about 5/6 seconds at a height of about 40 feet i had another motor failure. With the prop and shaft going one way and my nice "new" TBS PRO falling like a stone to the ground, when i eventually found the prop and shaft still together i again noticed that there appeared to be a bad join and some metal fatigue. I am not trying to give these motors a bad reputation as i find them to be a good motor overall but if there is a bad batch of these around, TBS needs to address this issue and quickly, there is 1 solution that i can see and is fast becoming the norm and that is a direct motor mount and the alternative mounting option. We already pay a premium price for these motors and even if it added a further few dollars to the price the benefits far out way the costs so come on TBS lets get this option happening. It should also be mentioned that TBS did the right thing by me and replaced both the motors and all broken items from the fall. Anyone else agreeing here please give this idea the thumbs up
    Hi,
    I have recently a shaft failure in a brand new motor, I was tighten the prop and the shaft broke.
    I know Tbs for there quality and reliable, but there are to much complains with broken shaft.
    More, if this a know problem why Tbs not replace this motors for free? I had to buy a new motor, Tbs offer 50% off, but because Tbs ship from Hong Kong the overall price was the same of a new motor without discount.