Thread: Whats the issue with stock levels on getfpv.com

Navigator

Whats the issue with stock levels on getfpv.com

Hi guys,

I placed an order to buy a QAV250 on the 25th of March, whenever I placed it, some items were out of stock and the support team told me the items would be back in stock in three weeks time. Its been six weeks already and still waiting for my orderto be shipped!

If the support team tells me the truth, the problem is with the FX2206-13 2000kv motors, and the rest of the items are separated and waiting to be sent. Have you considered sending them in separate shipments when this kind of stuff happens? Or maybe allowing me to replace order items? I have been told I can drop items from my order, but that means I should then place a separate order for the motors and pay the shipment cost twice (which are extremely expensive for Spain $65).

What surprises (an worries) me more though, is that you never never never have enough items to place an order for a full QAV250 quad. Before placing the order I was checking your site for more than two months, and not a single time you had in stock the items to build a full QAV250, so I should have foreseen this coming. I wrote your support team several times before placing the roder, and the answer was always the same, that all orders were being served between two or three weeks despite some items were backordered, so it made me believe it was fairly safe to place it. But the reality is turning out to be very differnt.

What is the problem with your online shop? How can you always have problems of stock with 80% of the items you sell?

Don't you feel you should be looking at how to solve the issues with your providers or start droping those items from your catalogue?

I'm starting to feel I should have never placed that order. Will I always have to wait three month every time I crash and break a frame part, a propeller or an engine to get a replacement?

Can anyone who has also purchased a QAV250 on getfpv.com share its experience and tell me whether I should be worried or not?

Thanks!
    Enric

Go somewhere else? They price gouge almost as bad as my local hobby shops anyway.
    youtube.com/user/ezikiel121212
    COFPV.com

GetFpv has grown pretty big and this hobby has really taken off. Supply and demand.
    GetFpv has very very good customer support.

@ezikiel12, Really? I find them to be on the cheaper side.
    In hoc signo vinces

Quote Originally Posted by enriverd View Post
    Hi guys,

I placed an order to buy a QAV250 on the 25th of March, whenever I placed it, some items were out of stock and the support team told me the items would be back in stock in three weeks time. Its been six weeks already and still waiting for my orderto be shipped!

If the support team tells me the truth, the problem is with the FX2206-13 2000kv motors, and the rest of the items are separated and waiting to be sent. Have you considered sending them in separate shipments when this kind of stuff happens? Or maybe allowing me to replace order items? I have been told I can drop items from my order, but that means I should then place a separate order for the motors and pay the shipment cost twice (which are extremely expensive for Spain $65).

What surprises (an worries) me more though, is that you never never never have enough items to place an order for a full QAV250 quad. Before placing the order I was checking your site for more than two months, and not a single time you had in stock the items to build a full QAV250, so I should have foreseen this coming. I wrote your support team several times before placing the roder, and the answer was always the same, that all orders were being served between two or three weeks despite some items were backordered, so it made me believe it was fairly safe to place it. But the reality is turning out to be very differnt.

What is the problem with your online shop? How can you always have problems of stock with 80% of the items you sell?

Don't you feel you should be looking at how to solve the issues with your providers or start droping those items from your catalogue?

I'm starting to feel I should have never placed that order. Will I always have to wait three month every time I crash and break a frame part, a propeller or an engine to get a replacement?

Can anyone who has also purchased a QAV250 on getfpv.com share its experience and tell me whether I should be worried or not?

Thanks!
    Enric
    Hi Enric,

I'm sorry for the delay you've seen with the QAV250 purchase and accessories. In your case everything has been in stock for a long time minus the motors you ordered. We currently have 12 other models of mini motors in stock right now, so there are many choices available, it just happens that the one you chose was on back-order as we waited for stock to arrive from the factory. The mini multi-rotors and all their accessories have been in a huge and growing demand, so it is not as simple as just having them in stock all the time. We're at the point now where many factories have trouble keeping up with our order demand.

The good news for you is we just got a partial shipment yesterday, which included a small amount of the motor you were waiting on. I've manually assigned the motors to your order so it will ship out today. In the future if you're looking to get the parts ASAP, I'd suggest not ordering something that is on back-order at time of your order.