Thread: Motors Spin in Wrong Direction Regardless of Cleanflight Config

Forum Member

Motors Spin in Wrong Direction Regardless of Cleanflight Config

So I won a little pre-built quad in a raffle at the CFL FPV meet in Leesburg...
    I'm trying to get it ready to fly, but for whatever reason the front motors spin in the wrong direction for a quad x setup, and it doesn't matter what config I use, they will not change direction.

I have tried setting to the default 'Quad X' config as well as using a custom cmix setting in the CLI. I can't get any motors to change direction. I'm definitely not about to tear apart the build to change motor wires.
    Is there someway to program the ESC's from inside Cleanflight? Everything else seems to be working. The receiver is working perfectly and I can see all my controls mapped to the correct param in Cleanflight, but damnit if I cannot get the front motors to spin in the right direction.

BTW, this is a naze32 clone (UBUYADRONE.com's Ninja Acro Board)

Update:

Damn! As soon as I typed this I realized that the builder made it easy to disconnect the motors and reverse the wires!
    Last edited by jdoyle; 5th May 2015 at 07:01 PM.

Forum Member
    Congrats on the win of that quad it is a great little machine! Bruce from UBAD is a great guy and supports his product very well. Look up U buy a drone page on Facebook and ask to be put into the UBAD group. There is tons of support there. Also they just started a support page at ubuyadrone.freshdesk.com. Are you out in the central Florida area?

Forum Member
    Thanks! I'll do that. No, I'm in Central Arkansas. We are some crazy rednecks.

Forum Member
    Well brother crazy is crazy no matter where you are from. You will enjoy those guys.

Forum Member
    You can't change this in cleanflight. You can either reprogram the esc directly through the servo (assuming the firmware on the esc supports this), or swap any two wires from the motor to the esc (will reverse the direction electrically).

Edit: Just saw your update. Looks like you figured it out :P

Forum Member
    or to be easier, flash your ESC to BLHeli and change the direction withing seconds using the BLHeli Suite

Forum Member
    Just swap out 2 wires that go to the motor from the ESC to the motors spinning the wrong way.